I need your honest opinions

Hadiiz

Registered
I’ve been on this board for quite some time now. Just reading everything I can about the great Hayabusa and keeping up to date with all the recent news. I do believe this is my first post. I live in Toronto, Canada and currently own a Suzuki Savage LS 650 which I have been riding for the past year. I’m a young guy, in my twenties, and I have a good head on my shoulders. I’ve been looking at/researching the Hayabusa for the past couple of months. I’ve read almost everything I can on them and talked to many of my friends who are riders. And I have come to the conclusion that the Hayabusa is the bike for me, and not because of the size of her motor or “how fast she goes.”

There is a ’05 ‘Busa LE at my local dealership that I have put a deposit on. I’m 99% sure I want this bike. I have all the information I need except one slight detail. I’ve never had the chance to ride one, nor do I know anybody that has a Hayabusa up here. I’ve sat on the ‘Busa at my dealership but that doesn’t give me the feel of the ride.

I want to ask all the owners of Hayabusas, on this board, to give me a realistic some-what non-biased opinion on how much they like their bikes.
How is the ride?
How satisfied are you with your busa?
Have you had any problems?
Anything you would want to point out to a new busa owner?
And finally, how much would you recommend the busa to a bike enthusiast like me?

I want to thank you for reading this post and replying to it (in advance).

P.S. I’ll be making my decision, whether to buy the busa or not, within a couple of days so all your replies are much appreciated. Thanks again!

Get the Busa and leave it stock,no problems.The ride is good and nimble with good tires.Rock solid stability and performance.Its a bit heavier than what youre accustomed to,so keep that in mind when slowing it down and stopping.NJ.

I've had many types of cruisers and sports . You can not beat the comfort of the Busa , verses other sportbikes . Don't think you can beat the "Holy crap I think I'm gonna die" effect it'll give you , either . That said , I can gurantee you , you'll be smiling the whole way home .
biggrin.gif

Just remember , that Busa will get ya in trouble alot quicker than the Savage ever would . Spend the first couple of rides away from traffic. Turning the sports versus a cruiser , is a good bit different . Be Careful !!! And Welcome to the Board !

I just traded my Yamaha FZ 1 (#1 rated naked bike) for a 'busa. While I've only had a chance to ride the 'busa one time (Rochester weather don't ya' know), that short ride convinced me I made the right decision. I had a lot of 2nd thoughts like you (comfort, speed, etc) but I could not believe how great the bike was in my short ride. My 2 cents---buy the 'busa and just use your brain ride appropiately. You'll never regret it. BTW--I'm 6'5', 195# and the bike fit great!

im sure u have read alot of these types of posts, and im sure u know what kind of answers u will get.. hell, 8 months ago, i was the new guy posting the same questions. being it has bene 8 months, i am SO glad i went to the busa. i had a R6 before but also road 50 miles round trip to work 4 times a week. the ride itself is SO much more comfortable then that R6 was (im also 6'3"). when i get around some other friends who have sportbikes, they try and rip on me saying "oh the busa cant lean" or "it can go fast straight, but it cant turn" in which i always say... hmm.. ok, lets go real quick then. cause she can do all that.. may take a a bit more cause of her weight, but she has no problem leaning. plus the 1 guy is just jealous.
laugh.gif
just like with every bike, as long as u respect it, ull b ok. but like said above, u will get into trouble easier then ur old bike.

I owned lots of cruisers, musclebikes, and touring bikes before taking the plunge into the "sportbike" world. I'd ridden others such as r1's, f4's and Ninjas, but none seemed to feel right for me so I avoided the genre altogether... until I rode a friend's Busa. I haven't looked back since. (6'2", 215lbs)

You will love everything about a Busa....you will get use to the size and weight....just take your time getting use to it
wink.gif

You will never Regret buying a Busa........
Respect it and it will be the greatest machine you will ever own!

I agree 100%.. I love my busa. My previous bikes were Honda Nighthawk 750, FJ1200, then an FZ1. I got my busa last summer.

It's the ONLY bike that during the winter I look at it sleeping under its cover and WISH it was spring! I love the bike!

My Busa is by far the bike i love the most out of all the bikes i've had...

I went from EX500 to FZR600 to ZX7 to CBR900RR to 3 ZX11 in a row and finally got the Busa last spring.... I find its a complete machine, agressive yet you can easily last many hours on it, powerful and stable yet not too heavy...

The only thing you must know before jumping on it... RESPECT IT, and it will respect you!!

Thanx for all the replies guys. I went to dealership today and sat on the busa again, got a great feeling just sitting still on it. I have yet to ride it but i think ive made the right decision, im buying it.

Ill post pics soon.

I was a little scared at first but I have to admit...I love my 'Busa. I like the fact that I can take her on 5 hour trips and then turn around and ride hard with some of my buddies.

I was a little scared at first but I have to admit...I love my 'Busa. I like the fact that I can take her on 5 hour trips and then turn around and ride hard with some of my buddies.
That is the biggest reason i'm going for the busa, and not any other bike. I love the fact that you can take long trips on it and not have to go to the chriopractor afterwards and get your back straightened out.

Leave all the major mods alone and just do some simple add on's and it will always be dependable. In my eyes they don't even make another bike for me other than the busa. The busa has comfort, style, and power to spare.:cool:

If you buy it, you'll never be able to get this  
smile.gif
 off your face or have a feeling like this
jump9.gif
in your stomach !

It's just WONDERFUL - AMAZING - UNBELIEVABLE

Just like me  
ss011.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I sure would like to convince u to ride a 600 sport bike for a few months 1st. Any sportbike is gonna be way more powerful than your Savage. The busa is absolutely awesome but can be a beast for a newer rider. We recently had a new busa owner die here in our area, he hit a school bus. Hard to say what coulda happened and if he had more experience maybe it woulda turned out different ... all the newer sportbikes are fast and a 600 will give you a lil more feeling for the transition to the King. Just my suggestion and of course if you havent allready please take a MSF course. Other than that welcome to our house.
smile.gif

My decision came down to a GSXR1000 and a Busa.  I was like you, never rode a Busa but did all the research and heard all the stories.  I did ride my friends GSXR and found it to be to "tiny" feeling under me.  Felt narrow and extremely light.  I ended up going with the Busa and never regretted it.  Have kept it stock and the only mods planned are the exhaust and an undertail because of the cluttered look from behind the bike.  The ride of the Busa is solid.  Very smooth and powerful.  The bike literally feels as if it will pull away from you if you jump on the throttle.  Rumor was that the bike couldn't hang on back country roads like the GSXR and after watching a documentary on Discovery I made the purchase.  I have rode numerous twisting turning roads and outrun GSXR's handily, yet safely.  I haven't had any mechanical issues with the bike and simply read the owners manual and follow the service advice from it and others I talk with on places such as this forum.  For me, there is no other bike in the world and I will never get rid of my Busa.  I will keep her as others keep and collect cars.  After my deployment and complete ownership (payoff), I plan on putting her up and making her minimal mods and riding only on special occasions.  Of course I will be purchasing a new 2007 to bide my time.  Do heed the warnings on this forum, this bike is awesome, great, terrific, and spectacular.  However, it is a bike that can get you in trouble.  Speed is not only dangerous but adictive and if the speed bug gets you this bike can become a problem.  I have run mine pretty fast and have scared myself a time or two.  Checked the box and now just enjoy the bike for the pure pleasure of riding her.  Hope you enjoy yours...

Back