Honest opinion requested

The Hitman

Registered
I need some help making a difficult decision. 2003 vs 2004 Hayabusa - I can save $1300 if I purchase the 2003 but I prefer the 2004 Black/Blue (Canada) Hayabusa over the '03 Model colors. From the reading I have been doing, I can see that the 2004 really has no differences (appearance, performance, features) over the '03 and if this is the case, I'll probably save the bucks and get some sweet new gear as well. Am I missing something or are these virtually the same bikes. Need to make a decision soon - please provide knowledgeable feedback!!
Thanks

virtually the same.. little higher resell on the 04 if you decide to sell/trade in a year.. other than that.. i'd say go with the 03 and the money you save will pretty much pay for a full exhaust and PCIII... thats what I'd do anyway.

the 04 does have some neat little items to consider... the passing switch?? but then again I would go with what color I wanted... they are all virtually the same... except color
wink.gif

I have heard about the passing switch. Can anyone explain exactly what this is or does for you? I am damn sure that I'll be passing people on this thing so it may be useful!!!!

It is just a momentary flash to pass switch that while pressed puts on the head light until released. "flash to pass"!
smile.gif

yep flash to pass, in Europe all the driver's use "passing" lights, here in North American we don't see to use if for some reason. Hmm, I would get the '04 simply because it has the better colours ??
wink.gif

the pass light is the equivlent of flashing your brights and dims at someone. when pressed in basically your brights are on when released you go back to dims... hope that helps explain how it works. it is used to get the drivers attention in front of you to make them aware you are there so in the event of a pass they dont make a sudden lane change on you and run you off the road or into oncoming traffic.

Flash to pass (held)  and a loud air horn combined and the oldsters think a train is coming for them.
wink.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100989267 -->

Buy the one that's got the colors you love. They aren't "Virtually" Identical they are Identical.
thumbs-up.gif
Get what puts the biggest smile on your face.

I bought a blk/gry 2003 in march of 2004. I only paid 9100 for it out the door as compared to the hefty cost on the 2004. Plus the color is my fav one out of all the busas to date. The bikes are 100% identical so unless u just really have a hard on for the color of the 2004 do yourself a favor and save some serious cash. My .02

Original post was 3/29/04 I hope he was able to decide before now 10 months later.
rock.gif

From what I have heard... They are identical, The passing switch is the only known change

Back