Need opinions, To young for a Busa?

hey all.
i only read the first couple replies of this thread. I am wondering how hard is it for someone to take his mom on a ride to convince her that he knows how to ride? was it to show her that he is responsible? hell anyone can be good for a few minutes to prove his point.
how often are u sitting at a light and some suped up stang or vette pulls up and wants to race you? alot. how much self control is a kid on a new busa gonna have? NONE, ZIP. 9 times outa 10 he is gonna show that car how fast he is. happens every day.
Hell around here all the 16 year olds get new 5 ltr stangs or trans ams for their birthday. not often that u see two of them at a light side by side that they don't try to prove he is faster.
again just my observations and opinion
Later and stay safe
Michael

NO WAY!!! If you have not rode before at all, you need to stick with a 600!! We are not here to rat you out or bring you down. We as a WHOLE are watching out for you!! The Busa is way to powerful for an beginner!! I think everyone will agree with me. It not just boils down to the bike, but it is majority of the rider and how you handle yourself while riding!!! Take thought into what you end up getting. We don't want to hear bad news from you later!! We are hear to share our knowldege to you.... You have plenty of time to get one. I rode a Honda 954 before my first Hayabusa, and i just bought it this year "05!! So make the right choice!!
wink.gif

I'm 22, ride a 749 and a monster 800 (been riding for 6 years now), and i was thinking of trading in the 9 for a busa.  so i checked around for insurance, and i realized most places want around 381 bucks A MONTH for halfway decent coverage.  yea...i'll wait a few years for a busa...or the desmosedici, then promptly kill myself from the power.  but i figure that if i was in constant fear of riding too hard, i'd back it off a little and take it easier.  well, at least for the first couple miles
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|geenius
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115966088 -->

Way to dig up old threads
tounge.gif

Here's all I gotta say about this: IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PERSON!!!!!!!!
I'm 18, I OWN (with my own money + parents permission) a Busa, I'M STILL AROUND! And yes, I do my share of stupid ####: Wheelies, burnouts, top speed runs, etc, etc, etc. But guess what, I know when and where to do them! That is the main difference between me and other "teenagers".
In general, I would advice 99.9% of teenagers (or ANY biginner regardless of age) to stay away from large displacement bikes (anything over a 600 or a 650), but the truth is it depends on who YOU are. I for one, was not only lucky to have great physical skill, but have been riding motorcycles since I was about 3 years old. I started in tiny little bikes on the dirt, and moved up the chain of dirtbikes to the 200s, then streetbikes to the 650's, 1200's and finally 1300... Now, I value my life greatly, but I still want to live it and get my thrills. I think that you reach a certain maturity level in your life (regardless of age) where you realize the significance of life and death. I know I take risks, I accept them, and I take them at the right times, in the right places, where if ANYTHING goes wrong, I'LL be the only one who gets hurt... That's what I believe in... Do what you want, just make sure your stupidity doesn't affect others!

You are to young to die. Listen to those of us who know . A hayabusa is not a toy nor a like anything else,street legal. Nothing against you or you riding skills but wait at least till your older, please

I think owning any sportbike, esp the Busa, requires a level of maturity that is well above the average driver. You have to have that level of awareness, almost like a race car driver just to negotiate traffic. The Busa is very forgiving and IMHO, easier on power delivery compared to the new liter bikes coming out today. But, the Busa is at least 100 lbs heavier than other "typical" sportbikes and handling abilities do become an issue. How about emergency swerving and manuevering at high speeds to compensate for the Cager not paying attention. I speak of maturity because it takes much self-discipline to not hit the throttle hard and show-off. Esp, if you're 18 you wanna impress your peers b/c you've got the fastest production bike on the planet. That's trouble. On the other hand, I know a couple of very "mature" 18 year olds who have ridden dirt bikes and raced pro motocross so they have riding experience. They bought a Busa, know their limitations and keep the racing to Track Day meets. I say no as a VERY FIRST BIKE but if you've been riding for a while or if it's been a while, please take the MSF. IT's worth every penny and may just save your life one day. Anyways, keep it rubberside down and shiney side up....

Peace out yall.

I can't believe there is a dealer ANYWHERE that won't sell you a Busa. You MAY NOT be ready for one yet, but who the F**k is a DEALER to be telling YOU that. Or your Mom for that matter. The nerve of some people. I HATE it when someone tries to tell me how to live my life. Course, I'm 40.
grim.gif

grim.gif

Bob
Maybe it's time for you to move out of the house, Bob.

grim.gif

Ok guys im new and want to get a hayabusa. Im 18 and have looked at many dealers and they all treat like a kid who hasnt researched what i want at all and im just gonna get hurt. Ive ridden bikes since i can remembetr and have a 600 right now and this was going to be my graduation gift. So then the dealer calls my mom and tells her this isnt a bike for 18 year olds and proceeds to get her worked up about the entire situation so now it all relies on my dads opinions. What do you guys think, i mean my family will buy me a fox body 5.0 modded to all hell but not a stock bike that i wont go out and be an idiot on? I just dont understand, lend your thoughts

Ben
Benny,

You probably feel like eveyone is coming down on you and saying, "What are you nuts? You're only 18!". You say to your mother and others you won't do anything stupid, but at 18 the testosterone and peer pressure from others will likely overcome you. If not, then you are one in a million. But the simple fact that you think you can handle a Busa tells me you are a risk taker and that alone could be your downfall. You stated that your mother knows you drag race on the street now and this is why she knows you'll likely do the same on the Busa and subsequently more likely to kill yourself.

I got my first bike when I was 12 and just now at 34 am I thinking about getting a Busa. I have the scars and medical records to prove it. I would likely be mamed or dead if I had a Busa at 18.

At age 25, I saw a friend get t-boned by a car (nothing he could have done) and it made me a much more conscious rider. Luckily he wore a helmet, survived and only has a permanent limp. Experience is the one teacher that gives the test first and the lesson after, so take heart to the experience that is being given to you. If you end up getting the Busa anyway, just be smart.

Take it from me, im 20 years old, have ridden bikes since I was ten and took the Motorcycle Safety Class, as well as the advanced rider class. I started with a FZ-6 yamaha at age 17, then moved to a Vstrom 1000, and as of Sept 12th, A 2005 Busa. Its easy to control, powerfull and smooth, but fast as hell! Its hard to resist the temptation of just ripping the throttle back and feeling the raw power accelerate you over miles of pavement. But my answer is NO, I wouldnt reccomend a BUSA to anyone who is under 30, or very immature. ME? Well I ignored everyone who told me no, and im glad I have a BUSA!

Regardless of age it's all about your approach to riding that is gonna have the biggest impact on a rider error crash. There is nothing you can do about road debris or someone on a cell phone cutting all lanes to make their exit. You can have an 18 year old that has a healthy respect for their abilities and limits on a street bike or a 40 year old that rides like an all out certified Squid.

In my opinion if you are a rider with at least one year of street experience you should be able to handle or "grow into" just about any machine out there. You can just as easily wrap an SV650 around a telephone pole as a Hayabusa. It's all about your attitude and approach to riding.

I started riding on the street on my Honda 919 and thanks to my own healthy amount of self presevation intinct I have learned how to handle other, more powerful bikes as my knowledge and skills have progressed.

To each his own and good luck.:;):

Being to young has nothing to do with it,
experience and discipline and knowing when
to say "no". I been riding for thirty years, been
down twice 1 my fault the other bad throtter.
If your understanding is right then you are
ready for any bike. be safe.

ps own a 04 an 06 limited busa
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Ill just say i agree with the age is no matter. Get a bike you want and CAN ride , Im 19 and my previous bike was a 01 ZX12R , If you know how to respect the bike their fun and a real blast to ride. If you dont know if you can handle it then you probley cant tho. Its defently NOT a learners bike and if you want it because its the baddest motorcycle they make then buy a car. It has to fit you and you have to fit it. Age doesnt really play a part in it because everyones different. Ive seen 30yr old men act worse than some 18yr olds maturity wise along with common sense wise
laugh.gif
Anyway the hayabusa isnt as mean or bad as everyone makes it out to be. Its the rider ontop of it which makes the different in it being a nice riding bike or a kamakazi missle on wheels waiting to hit something. Thats said for ALL bikes not just the hayabusa... hayabusa just a faster missle when the riders an idiot. Basically buying a bike because its cool is stupid. get something that fits YOU and you CAN ride , had to say that twice

Back