Where to buy my new busa at, and how much?

4aces

Registered
hi, just joined. i have done all of my research, and im ready to buy my hayabusa. but the dealers in southern california all seem to have the same priceing on 2006 busas. around 11299 to 11599, otd. but im seeing on the board some guys are getting 06s for close to 10000 out the door in other states?
my question is this, can i order the 06 out of state, and have it shipped to my house? will it be all set up, with fluids and oil? does it go to a dealer out here, or to my house? i would hate to pay 11300 otd if i can get for 10000, with maybe 300.00 for shipping. is this possible? thanks for any info.

was just in your shoes a few weeks ago when I was shopping for one. Yup, prices are much higher in SoCal vs. other regions.

Replied to your other post also:

For what it is worth... DMV will not allow you to register an out of state vehicle without California emissions unless it has more than 7500 miles. Motorcycles and cars are under the same rule. Your best bet is to shop around and purchase a new bike in state. Buying out of state will probably lead to you spending as much as you would in state after shipping is factored in.

Aces go to Thousand Oaks Suzuki probably 9999 + tax + tags. They are about the lowest in So Cal I've seen and no BS. Other shops quote this and that but they end up charging you more $$$. California is not the low price leader in bikes. As mentioned a bike has to have 7500 miles on it to register so they got you there too.

The theory behind this is that the emissions added to cali vehicles raise the invoice price the dealer pays -- so california dealers have to charge more to make the same profit. So, people started buying out of state and saving a few bucks and the california dealers were hurting. In steps the govt. ( who started this carp in the first place) and now if you want a new vehicle it has to be cali emissions compliant. I got away with having a new jeep here only because my dad was co- owner and lived in La., and all paperwork etc was sent to him. So, I had La. tags on my Jeep for like 5 years. I don't know even if this will fly anymore or if they have closed this loophole. I did get questioned by a cop once on it but there was "nothing He could do " but recommend strongly that I register it in ca. My dad was responsible for the lein at his addy in La.

BTW this did get really interesting when La. got hold of my federal w2's and demanded that I pay taxes on my earnings in cali as they saw my jeep note getting paid from La. A nasty letter from my lawyer cleared this up, but my advise is buy new in cali or go used (over 7500 mi.)

Or you could buy one out of state, stay low key from the LEO's, ride the thing for a month or two and borrow an instrument cluster with 7500+ miles on it and walla!
cool.gif

Or you could wait until the '07's are about to come out and get a smokin' deal on the '06's. If you can bear the stress of wonderin' what that new baby is gonna look like ....
cool.gif

Or you could buy one out of state, stay low key from the LEO's, ride the thing for  a month or two and borrow an instrument cluster with 7500+ miles on it and walla!
cool.gif
yup-- but then you cant sell it till you get like 8k miles on it or the odometer fraud will show (i know who would want to sell)

Back