190 rear vs 180 rear tire

AZIROC

Registered
hello all. as stated in anotehr post.. im new to this board and about to get a busa.. just had some ?'s. how do u liek the 190 tire and has anyone gone to a 180 tire.. if so, whats ur opinion on the difference? im use to my R6 and R1, but both have 180 rears and the rule for these bikes are DONT get a 190 rear. i know these bikes arent really "track" bikes and im lookign to get 1 more for "daily driving" cause after a while. being 6'3" and on a R6 or R1, it gets unfomfortable.

The factory battle axe on the Busa ia actually a 198, so it is almost a 200. I wouldn't mess with it. The only manufacturers that make a (P) spec tire for the Busa that I am aware of are the factory battle axe and the Metzeler M-1 sportec (P). The (P) spec is important, IMO, because they put an extra layer of carcase in it for added stability due to the bikes high speed capabilities and the toque it lays down. Iam now using the M-1 (P) and am very happy with it. Quicker warm up, better grip, same 198 size as the factory, but can't speak to mileage yet as I havn't had it long enough. Most people here from what I read give it good reviews also.
smile.gif

Back