Need opinions, To young for a Busa?

I didnt mean to start a war over this subject all I am trying to say is that generalizing anyone young or old into a category that they are unsafe maniacs is bad when a personasks me what a good first bike is I tell them something you can drop on the ground and not cry over when you get experience then move onto what you want all bikes can hurt you if you dont pay attention and know what your abilities are a hayabusa is a great bike no matter what or how you drive it slow fast etc a 600 GSXR is a great bike but knowing what I know now I would have skipped all the middle bikes I had to practically give away after exhaust jet kit cool air induction kits etc I had alot of money in something not worth much and not always what I wanted to be ready for a bigger one in a year or two . I think alot of these posts maybe just to get people arguing about what is fastest or best etc everyone has different skills tommy hayden nicky hayden mat maladin all started racing very young I wouldnt tell them they shouldnt have a Busa anyway I agree with Ninja except dont email me buy whatever you want look at the old posts if you need more info and cant we all just get along
smile.gif

hank,

The wait is only a year off for me and I guarantee I will be at a higher (but safer) speed.
biggrin.gif
Just did some new calculations for 220hp with a possible 18/40 could see 221mph. pleasssssssssssssssssssssssee don't ask if I recommend this for 17 years old? Hell I don't even recommend it for me.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Bob,

Good response. I'm 40 also and agree with your post.

I'm going to make a radical comment. I would "let" my 18 yo son buy a Busa if he wanted one. I think he is responsible enough to have one (he's bigger than I but thinks they are too big and wants a Gixxer 750--I told him he's crazy and to buy a 1000 and keep off the throttle for a while).

Why would I let him buy one of these kinds of bikes? He is level-headed and responsible, even though he likes to have fun and raise a little hades (some kids don't have enough sense to be riding a RM125). He obtained his eagle scout this year, has never had a speeding ticket, has a job--pays for his own insurance (bike and car), bought his own bike (Honda Magna 700), and I don't tell him what to do (you are dreaming if you think you can tell most kids this age what they can or can't do). The most I can do is try to reason with him and tell him what I think and why--this has resulted in my keeping some influence with him.

Most of the replies to these kinds of posts make me feel like blowing chunks. Bunch of hypocrites! I don't want my ins rates to increase either, and there is value in keeping the number of Busas down--but I'm not going to be a hypocrite to accomplish this.

Don't misunderstand what I am trying to say. Warnings and facts are good and this is a dangerous hobby. I try to help my son respect the power of these bikes by showing him some of these posts including those of people who die, videos of wrecks, etc.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
sly.gif
thumbs-up.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion035.gif

I have something to say.....
Just because someone is a teenage, doesn't mean they are going to race everyone they, and fill their ego. STOP steriotyping DAMNIT! I hear it waaay too often. I turn 19 friday, am i getting a busa for the speed, nope. I want one because its one of the best damn looking bikes ever made. Age has nothing to do with the way someone will ride. If someone rides smart, they will greatly lessen the change of causeing an accident, and increase their chance of avoiding one.

With that said, Benny you are the last person who needs a busa. So far you said you have raced your mustange at the drag, and on the street?!?!. You have nitro in your vains and a need for speed. (If one of you favorite movies is Gone In 60 Seconds or The Fast And The Furious is one of your favorite moves dont get a busa, If Driveing Miss Daisy is one of your favoite movies, you will be OK) What is in your mind is being able to buy a 10 second bike, and probly getting a turbo to bings it hp up to around 350hp. Then, you will have to show it to you friends and race the people you race in the mustange. I have talked to a lot of people, read a lot of info, and seriously asked MYSELF what im going to do with a busa and why i want one. You MUST do the same.
I am just compairing you to some of my friends that I know. One of my friends rides a ninja 500R, which is more than enough for him because he likes to do stupid things, but he know how to ride safely. He just doesnt always do it. I race him once with my sportster, and smoked him. He hasnt wanted to race since. BTW, we raced on a road between two corn feild and no traffic was around, it is also where he does his "tricks". The road is flat straight and long.

For me, it is a somewhat wise decision (wise is used lightly) and somewhat stupid. I am getting the busa because it is a bike that i will never get tired of, well maybe when i'm ninja's age, but everyone i have talked to has told me that I will be alright is i take it slow, and ease my way into the busa. Which is exactly what im going to do.
I don't have any plans to race in the near future. I am going to race the busa at the track when i am EXPERIENCED enough (probly 2-3 years).

Final thing I want to say is, listen to the experience riders here, they know what they are talking about.
But, if you dont listen, please get the gear. Get all the body armor you can. Something like Joe Rocket's Speedmaster jacket, pants, boots, and gloves. Get a helmet aproved by DOT, and Snell. And above all, be careful

Very nice Pughchrism

aktion033.gif

aktion035.gif

withstupid.gif

LOL, I like your post pughchrism. I going by what HE said before about what he does with his mustange. I just wish everyone was as open minded as you, but that will only happen with harley riders and sport-bike riders ride together.

Ninja, it can be a scary bike, but also a very nice touring bike, although I do love the power it has. I'm just glad I purchased one at my age. Just wish I could talk some sense into my brother, all he talks about is how much faster his Harley is going to be with the screaming eagle kit? When I was 17 I ran from the cops on a Yamaha 305, dumped the bike - went to jail and lost my license for a year. I'm just one of those personality types who should not have a Busa when young. The muscle car drags were bad enough, if my parents only knew.
thumbs-up.gif

hank,

Been there done that. I was cuffed at 19 on Kaw triple drinking. What you will do when you are young.
devil.gif
devil.gif
biggrin.gif

devil.gif

I don't know you, so truthfully my opinion means nothing, but here it is anyway.

Wait a while on the Busa.

If I had this bike when I was 18, I wouldn't be here today. I've seen 125 in my Subaru XT with H rated tires. Stupid stupid stupid.

Did I mention I did stupid things at 18?

Now PLEASE REALIZE, I'm not calling you stupid or saying you are anything like me, but I was an intelligent, responsible kid. A's and B's in school blah blah blah.

Only you can know, but I would, knowing 18 year old men, and the testosterone level that goes with that, generally recommend against performance cars or bikes at that age.

I was 27 before I was strong enough to turn down a street race in my vette.

Again, only you can know, and good luck with it. If you get it, be smart, don't let your balls get the best of you!

Cheers
ernaehrung004.gif

Hey Ninja how old are you and where are you going to do 221 do they have places to try that stuff I was going to use a part of I95 that is perfect for it wait for no traffic night no winds etc and just go for it . It would be cool if there was a legal place to try it .

Some places yes i-95 is not one of them. You can not be near any cars at all. The best place is a track or runway.

How old am I, now you are getting personal
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

biggrin.gif

devil.gif

Just think ninja, In another 23 years you will have to take the mandatory skills tests for riding a motorcycle every 3 years. As long as they don't fiqure out how to get a busa going 300mph.

Where are you from Ninja I have never heard of a mandatory skills test and I live up here in Maine if you get past Waterville it is 40 miles or more sometimes between exits no cars for miles up north in the woods hehe that is the best road up here to do something like that long flat straight and if you go at the right time of day not a car in sight
aktion035.gif
and dude 49 on a busa you rock I hope I am still kickin butt at 49 I wonder what bikes will be like then ????? 19 years from now ..... compare the busa with a 19 year old bike and imagine what they can do !!!!!

Yeah, but what about the coppers? Down here, triple digits can get you straight from the interstate to the jailhouse!!

Bottom line !!!!!!!!!!!!  No matter what age!!!!!!! The Hayabusa
will corrupt you......No matter what your experiance, I am fifty years old.. the Busa makes me feel like a teenager...... The Busa will make you want to do insane things..you must think and think and think..busa will corrupt you....heed the warning....Think before you twist the throttle.......Ps do you know how to brake????????????????doh!! :hammerhead:

Dude if you do get it. Out of respect for your family, please take out a very large life insurance policy. It may offer them some comfort when you are gone. Your second ride out,

Anybody thought about insurance cost here?

For an 18 year old, good luck finding insurance coverage, DECENT coverage that is, at a sensible price.

Don't tell me he can just buy "minimum coverage". Would YOU like to be the unhappy victim if he runs into you and then his coverage is insufficient to ahndle your medical bills and loss of income?

Responsibility means not only riding responsibly but also having the insurance coverage to cover ALL the costs if you make a mistake that wrecks someone else's life.

Jim G

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: Not one for giving advice, but i think the majority has it, stick to push bikes. We don't want your mum pushing you around in a wheel chair for thr rest of your life. These things aren't toys GROW UP. STUPID!

It sounds as though you already have....Ha..Ha!!!
withstupid.gif
withstupid.gif

withstupid.gif

Back