Need opinions, To young for a Busa?

SINCE YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE START OFF WITH A 600 ENOUGH POWER THERE FOR THE BEGINNING. ALWAYS BE CAREFUL AND TAKE A SAFETY COURSE. GOOD LUCK....

The first thing I would ask myself is how do I ride my 600? I imagine that you don't go slow now picture something that makes your 600 look like a moped. When I was 18 I had a Chevette as did my buddy down the rode we got in enough trouble with those to pieces of junk let alone the trouble I got in when I bought a 5.0 the problem with being 18 is you think you are invinceable and you think skill and youth will make you a safe rider but the problem is your balls will be you downfall. I am 33 now and just had a deer take me off my '00 I still didn't think I would ever need the jacket with the pads thank God my senses said put it on you might need it. My final recomendation would be to buy something bigger than what you have and when you can ride it to its potential then step up to a Busa. There is plenty of time as long as you don't bite the big one. Best of luck.

Justa as a late addition:

Connecticut where I live does not have a mandatory test for any one over 60 or 70. I plan on ridding untill at least 90, it will be my death bed wish to strap me on my 300mph Busa and kiss my azzzz good by.

I plan on ridding untill at least 90, it will be my death bed wish to strap me on my 300mph Busa and kiss my azzzz good by.
tounge.gif

hope they make 300mph training wheels by then to hold your wrinkly ass up!

When I die, I want to go in my sleep, like grandpa...... not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his sidecar.

Quote from a BMW t-shirt. Sounds good to me.

GAr

man, get what the hell you want...if you die, you die....just be careful...everyone here has a Busa for one reason.......first 200 mph production bike ever built....and everyone on this site has tested it I'm sure....be careful and say a prayer before every fast ride....I do.

just never ever drink and ride or drive for that matter..........asking to die.

grim.gif
he's cute here, but not when you meet him face to face

I wonder what bikes will be like then
rock.gif
?? 19 years from now ..... compare the busa with a 19 year old bike and imagine what they can do !!!!!
wow.. that is a cool thought.  

My own theory isn't as "happy" as yours though..

I think motorcycle are about to hit their apex.. and regulations, laws, and limiters will be the "norm" of the future.

We are already being restricted to 186ish MPH.. with rumors that in another few years it will be down to 160, 150. 120.. etc.

In my mind we are enjoying the "muscle car" era all over again.. only it's the motorcycles.. not the cars.. and we all know what happened in the 70's and 80's.. cars .. all cars basically sucked.   The only difference is it won't be gas mileage that kills us.. it will be the ungodly speeds they are capable of.  

I for 1 am VERY happy I got a 2001.. even though I'm pretty sure it's restricted.  (haven't tested it, but it was built late in 2001 so I figure it is)  Because in another few years I expect the hayabusa, zx12, blackbird to be considered the 3 fastest bikes EVER made, and ever to be made.

.. OH.. and I dont' think you should buy the Hayabusa.... "You'll put your eye out!"
twak.gif

HA!
I say no not yet.
I don't even trust myself on it and I've been riding for 9 years.
Wait until you get at least 5 years under your belt kiddo.
I really don't want you to become another statistic. Or a squid. I don't like squids.
But hey, you asked. I only gave my two cents.
Good luck.
And take a damn motorcycle course.
Busachick

kinda like that.......wonder if she likes tall bald head guys?

But.....I dont have five years and I can ride mine pretty darn good....lean it better than nearly anybody else around here....as far as Busas go.

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible if you turn out to be a squid and injure or kill yourself. The hayabusa is for experienced riders only.
No you do not need a Busa, I don't care if you can ride the wheels off of a 600 that is only half the power of this machine. And at 18 years old dam man slow down live a little longer. Get more experience some day you will thank us. It sounds liuke most of us on this site that ride this bike all the time are in agreement. We are saying it fir your own good dude.

P.S. Dam I sound just like my Father.

It sounds like most of us on this site that ride this bike all the time are in agreement. We are saying it for your own good dude.

Can't spell all that well either it seems.

I don't consider the Busa a beginer's bike. That said, I don't consider it a death sentence for anyone under 20 either.

It has loads of power and low end grunt, but that alone isn't automatically dangerous. It is the mind with access to all that power that makes the bike dangerous.

If someone is responsible enough to respect the power and accelleration of the Busa, then I am OK with that. If they are experienced enough to understand what is necessary to keep that potential under control, then I am OK with that.

Is it a first bike? NO! Of course not! But a second or third bike -- yeah, it could be. It depends on the rider.

There are people out there on Busas and other high performance bikes that will never have the wisdom and self-control to be safe. Not at 30 or 40 or 50. There are people who have ridden for 15 years and had 4 different bikes. Luck alone has kept them alive this long, but we don't argue with them about wanting a Busa -- some of them might go right out and get killed because they are senseless. Some of these 18-year-olds might have long lives filled with good years riding and no more dangerous behavior than any of the rest of us.

"Is the Busa right for me?" The answer is not based on age limits. It is in probable behavior and past experience.

My name is Byll. I'm new to this board.
thumbs-up.gif
I have a few questions.

First, I want to know more about the Hayabusa itself. Is it a good distance bike? I know it is not a Gold Wing, but I read that it was an all around bike. See, I'm 24, 5' 9", 250lbs male that has been learning the ropes on a '85 GS1150F. For those who aren't old enough to remember it...the bike is the grandparent of the big bore bikes out now from Suzuki (Bandit, Hayabusa, GS1400, etc). You know the a/o-c years. I have also taken the MSF course. The Hayabusa may be my first bike because it does almost everything effortlessly. I've grown accustomed to not having to rev that much to get what I want out of the bike. The reason I want a new bike (1300R) over essentially what would be the same bike (1150) is because it used to belong to my father and he installed a pro stock clutch on the bike (not very useful going long distances, hand fatigue and all). If not the 'Busa, a GXSR 750, but that is it for now. Another reason I would pick the big bird is for its ability to go long distances and to perform in rush hour traffic without overheating (a overlooked fact of life for the air cooled engines...gotta keep it movin). See, I plan on taking mine for 100-400 mile romps from Michigan, so I can't use a Gixxer 750. From what I have been told, they aren't that comfortable for long hauls. If anyone has tried to take their 'Busa for long distances, please tell me how the ride was, how far you went, and if you would do it again aboard a Hayabusa.

P.S. Please don't reply that I shouldn't buy a 'Busa for a first bike....that is not what I'm asking from you. Also please don't mention any air cooled (i.e. Katana 600 & 750, Bandit 1200 & 600, or GS500E), the SV650's or any 600 anything. Please stick to the question at hand which is: Is the Hayabusa good for mild sport touring?

Byll

Yes!
Get a gel or corbin seat.
The busa is great in long tours. I did a 850km day on mine and I wasn't too bad. I'd do it again.
Enjoy!
Busachick

"Please stick to the question at hand which is: Is the Hayabusa good for mild sport touring?"

YES...  (and so much more)  
biggrin.gif

Thank you both for the info. Busachick, I will keep that Corbin seat in mind.

Puck, I can only imagine how much more is in store.

Happy New Year
beerchug.gif
drinka.gif

Back