My Touring Busa with Pics and Reviews

Sweet ride and touring mods!! I'm doing something similar, but I'm not a fan of top cases so i ordered the E360, 41 liter side cases with the sw-motech system. I ordered from twisted throttle also. Got the cases on thursday past, just waiting for the racks. Stupid postal system. TT send both parcels at once, but i only get one on time. Leaving Tuesday... sure hope the racks come tomorrow!!!!!

Trall,

What I really like about the mods is that you were single minded in the upgrades and stayed true to the purpose you have in mind for the bike - that's the way to do it and not waste a lot of money on things that don't add to the function you have in mind for the bike.

I would question the M4 a bit as it seems a little loud for 8-10 hour days on the bike but probably not too bad.

Good job and thanks for sharing.

The hayabusa is one of the best touring bikes out there. If your going to ride for a couple thousand miles, why would want to ride a boring bike? you might as well take the mini van.

hi i have the same luggage set up on my bike which works great,i also got a MRA Vario Touring Windshield and took it off after 1 drive as i found it hade a lot of wind noise,just wondering how you find your mra screen

Trall,

Looks nice man. Question on the side cases, when you take them off is it just the case you take off and the bars stay or does the bars come off too?

Trall,

Looks nice man. Question on the side cases, when you take them off is it just the case you take off and the bars stay or does the bars come off too?

Yes, it just the cases. You press the red button and it comes right off. When you lock the case the button is locked, so it cannot be removed. The framework for all the cases is on the bike with quick release except for one set that is key/lock operated so someone can"t remove the frame and cases.

If I wanted to remove the cases it takes a minute. If I wanted to remove cases and framework it takes less then 5 min. but to put them back on I need to loosen a couple brackets then retighten them so everything locks down right. In total no more then 10 min. to put it back on.

Great Job!
The bike looks excellent, I showed it to two other guys in the office that that have Gen 2 Busa's and they were impressed as well.
:beerchug:

Yes, it just the cases. You press the red button and it comes right off. When you lock the case the button is locked, so it cannot be removed. The framework for all the cases is on the bike with quick release except for one set that is key/lock operated so someone can"t remove the frame and cases.

If I wanted to remove the cases it takes a minute. If I wanted to remove cases and framework it takes less then 5 min. but to put them back on I need to loosen a couple brackets then retighten them so everything locks down right. In total no more then 10 min. to put it back on.

Thanks for the info..:thumbsup:

Looks really good dude...and I like those pod lights from Martin Fabrication. I had been wondering how those would look on the Busa

:thumbsup:

An excellent thread.

I have just bought a new 10 white Busa, and I plan to do exactly the same as Trall - make her a rocket sport tourer.

In fact, I have ordered heli's, the 19mm (3/4 inch) Genmar riser and the Buell pegs - which hopefully will arrive before the bike!

Trall - that's a 1st class job.

A couple of questions, if I may:

How do you find the screen? Is it noisy? I have tried lots of double bubble screens on previous sport bikes (Gix 1000 and ZX14), and have found that whilst they divert the airflow, they introduce a lot of noise.

I have come off a B-King, so I was thinking of the MRA bar kit (on the white Bus in this thread - which also looks great). Did you consider that, or are you happy enough with the Heli/Genmar combo?

I'm also looking seriously at the Givi set up, although I might just try the top box first. Do you notice any centre of gravity issues with the top box loaded?

Thanks and regards from Australia.

Back