3/4 Genmar and Helibar on K8?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
After a complete search and review of forums on this topic, looking to see if anyone with a K8 has installed the 3/4 Genmar Riser AND Helibar with stock windscreen.  Issues?  The Genmar's helped a lot, but can only think both would be even better.  How about with Touring Screen?

Thanks!

skydivr

I have Helibars installed on my 2008 ,i would think if you also install 3/4 genmar riser they will hit inner fairing.

I have the 3/4 Genmar so far, looks like it would be close suspect same thanks.

I have "homemade" 1" aluminum spacers under the triple tree mount that effectively duplicate what the Genmar Riser will do.  At 1", bars do not hit the stock screen...any more than that would definitely hit.  Still condsidering the Helibars though...

I did both on gen I. Have helibars on gen II and I don't think a 3/4" spacer will work. I had hoped to do both as well. I'm curious to see what the 1.25" spacer is like by itself, but sounds like it may not work either.

I had both on my 2004. At lock the bars would hit the Zerogravity ST screen. After trimming the drop down edges of the screen it was workable. I've got the 1" spools on the 2008 and haven't given the helibars much consideration.

I have a feeling it's a one or the other on the GenII; if that is the case then I'll probably get the helibars and sell the 3/4 genmar thanks!

It's tricky but it can be done! The trick is to rotate the Helibars back as far as you can when you tighten the bolts and then rotate the brake lever as far down as you can when you tighten the master cylinder. Then your going to either have to buy extended brake lines(preferable choice)or raise the forks(you can go up an inch with the 3/4" Genmars)and make a simple bracket to raise the stock brake line clamp(lower tree) an inch. No interference with the stock screen or Puig and just barely touches the Suzuki DB screen at full lock turning left. Clutch side clears fine. Here's with the Puig:

genmar_puig.jpg

Great info! Where did you get the extended brake lines, and how much did they cost? Also, how do you like the ride now that both are installed?

THANKS!

skydivr

can i ask a dumb question(i have lots of them) what are "GENMARS"? are these the spacers that go under the stock tripple tree plate?

Yes Genmar is the spacer. I have the 3/4 inch and they make a larger one.

I installed the Helibars on my 08 w/ out the spacer. I like them just the way they are. If I wanted to be anymore upright, I would have bought the B-King. Nuff said.

can i ask a dumb question(i have lots of them) what are "GENMARS"? are these the spacers that go under the stock tripple tree plate?
T.R. - if you do a Google search on "Genmar" you'll find pics of the riser. It serves the same purpose as the spacers but matches the footprint of the tripletree so it looks stock. With my 1" spacers, it kinda stands out that there's a 1" air gap between the tripletree and fork. Genmar Risers just look nicer.

Great info!  Where did you get the extended brake lines, and how much did they cost?  Also, how do you like the ride now that both are installed?

THANKS!

skydivr
I bought the extended lines direct from Spiegler through my dealer who gives me a great discount. Many of the sponsors here can fix you up. I went 1" longer since I raised the forks an inch(balanced out with the rear which I lowered 2"). You might want to go 1 1/2" or 2" longer if you're not raising the forks. Much more comfortable on longer rides on my 51 year old back and alot less tingling of the hands. Probably not the hot setup for knee draggin' but those days are over for me. Sold my RD 400 a long time ago. The only trackdays I'll see are at Milan Dragway. And no, it's not anywhere near as upright as the B-King-which I strongly considered when I bought my Busa.

T.R. - if you do a Google search on "Genmar" you'll find pics of the riser.  It serves the same purpose as the spacers but matches the footprint of the tripletree so it looks stock.  With my 1" spacers, it kinda stands out that there's a 1" air gap between the tripletree and fork.  Genmar Risers just look nicer.
AWSOME......i will checkem out thx guys
thumb_up.gif

Back