Busa kitted up for touring

Whats the small tube running from back to front. Nice accessories though.

If you are referring to my K8 here:

114247d1221490593-busa-kitted-up-touring-r77_givibags.jpg

That is a Drinking Tube, which is connected to a 1-gallon insulated water jug. When I stop for fuel, I jam this jug full of crushed ice. As it melts, it allows me to drink some super-cold ice-water while riding through the burning desert. :thumbsup:

If you are referring to my K8 here:

114247d1221490593-busa-kitted-up-touring-r77_givibags.jpg

That is a Drinking Tube, which is connected to a 1-gallon insulated water jug. When I stop for fuel, I jam this jug full of crushed ice. As it melts, it allows me to drink some super-cold ice-water while riding through the burning desert. :thumbsup:
Ingenius :bowdown:

The Givi E21 hard cases fit just fine with the Yosh R-77 4-2-1 setup, although the exhaust does exit onto the right rear down-stay of the SW-Motech rack.

I am fitting a small 3" piece of exhaust header wrap right on that down-tube area to protect the powder-coating.

I'm running the same luggage set-up but the Yosh TRC exhaust and I had to modify the brackets to make it work. Mine also dumps the exhaust onto the right hand bracket, heating it up! Looking at also modifying it or wrapping with exhaust tape as well...

After months of searching for hard luggage and items to make touring easier on the old bones i now have almost finished my ideal touring bike.
2008 model Busa . SW Motech side and rear racks with Givi boxes.(Supplied by TouringBiker.com) Best company i have dealt with in a long time.Thanks Jenny.

ABM Comfort kit with high bars great for long distance touring. (ABM supplies to English dealer = Worst i have came across )

Heated Grips .Garmin Zumo 550 Sat nav.Took me to Belguim and back no problem at all.
This set up will not appeal to the out and out sportsbike fans but for the sports tourers it sure will.
P10100144.jpg

P10100122.jpg

Roll on the sunshine .

Sorry but wth that screen you will not do much touring!

Pine

Man that's awesome. I'd love a list of EVERYTHING you've both done, including parts and where I can get em, so I can do exactly that. That'd be sweet. I especially want to do the bars mod. Did you have to get all new cables/lines for the length change?

why not just buy a tourer?

Because it already is a tourer. :cheerleader:

Seriously, the busa is an awesome travel machine and much loved by the sport-touring community. Just went through 80,000 miles on mine this season.

Img_2690-Ceilo.jpg

Img_2637_Figeroa_800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you and Warchild both have awesome setups.

War- I'm assuming with your water jug you must just blow the water back into the jug after finishing so the water in the line doesnt get hot:beerchug:

Man that's awesome. I'd love a list of EVERYTHING you've both done, including parts and where I can get em, so I can do exactly that. That'd be sweet. I especially want to do the bars mod. Did you have to get all new cables/lines for the length change?

Extended brake lines etc came with the kit .Glad you like it.

War- I'm assuming with your water jug you must just blow the water back into the jug after finishing so the water in the line doesnt get hot:beerchug:
Exactly so.

If I didn't, capillary action would allow the water to continue to leak out everywhere.... BTDT. Once. :laugh:

Last edited:
Just seen this thread and though you folk's might like to see a picture of 06 'busa.
It's fitted with the SW-Motech Trax hard luggage, MotoGP double bubble, Acumen CL10 electronic chain lubricator, Oxford Heat Grips and Zumo 550 GPS. Just picked the bike up last week and got a trip planned down to the Pyrenees and back in mid May. I did a quick 100 mile trip around the Peak District last weekend and I the only pain I suffered was with the back of my neck. So I've just ordered an ABM handlebar raiser kit, so hopefully that'll solve problem.

DSC02934.jpg

Back