Trax - Hard Boxes

Tank Bayard

Registered
Something I've discovered and done.

OK, I have my 2014 Busa, and I also have a 2014 V-Strom DL650 Adventure.
The Strom came with aluminum side boxes with 'Suzuki' stamped in the box sides. These are the same as Trax boxes.
I have the upper Trunk Box too.

So... I saw on Twisted Throttle that there is a SW-Motech bar support kit for 08+ Busa to accept Trax boxes.

bottom line...

I can move the boxes between my V-Strom and my 'Busa

Now I'm good for a long distance tour on the Busa :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Guess the OP didn't know you are a lair until you can prove your telling the truth with pictures.

Kind of like Guilty until you can prove your innocent. Just like most of the courtrooms in this country.

LOL.... Yea.. blah blah blah

the connectors to attach the side rails to the support bars are missing from the order. I supposed TT will mail them today... give me a few days.
I don't want to use those from my Strom.

LOL.... Yea.. blah blah blah

the connectors to attach the side rails to the support bars are missing from the order. I supposed TT will mail them today... give me a few days.
I don't want to use those from my Strom.

Yea, Twisted T is sending me the connectors... should have them Thursday.

~$525 to get the support system for the 2 side boxes and top box... easy install... about the only part I disliked is installing additional Turn Signals...the stock/body turn signals are blocked from side/rear side view by the aluminum boxes...
Not having to buy the Boxes and using them from my Strom is $1200 not spent.

One thing though... the right side box on my V-Strom is narrower than the left side box due to the single exhaust on the right side... so on the Busa, it might look a bit unbalanced?... I could buy another box for the right side to match at $400 cost.

~$525 to get the support system for the 2 side boxes and top box... easy install... about the only part I disliked is installing additional Turn Signals...the stock/body turn signals are blocked from side/rear side view by the aluminum boxes...
Not having to buy the Boxes and using them from my Strom is $1200 not spent.

One thing though... the right side box on my V-Strom is narrower than the left side box due to the single exhaust on the right side... so on the Busa, it might look a bit unbalanced?... I could buy another box for the right side to match at $400 cost.

Its only money and you cant take it with you.

Oh and said before,,,

There are Rules on this Forum,,

useless_without_pics_2.gif.jpg

Notice the extra, small amber turn signals near the exhaust.

I intend to contact Eastern Beaver to see if a wiring adapter can be made. I'd like it better if both the stock and added turn signals can work together.

(pardon the garage mess)
BusaTrax.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back