Busa kitted up for touring

newbus

Registered
After months of searching for hard luggage and items to make touring easier on the old bones i now have almost finished my ideal touring bike.
2008 model Busa . SW Motech side and rear racks with Givi boxes.(Supplied by TouringBiker.com) Best company i have dealt with in a long time.Thanks Jenny.

ABM Comfort kit with high bars great for long distance touring. (ABM supplies to English dealer = Worst i have came across )

Heated Grips .Garmin Zumo 550 Sat nav.Took me to Belguim and back no problem at all.
This set up will not appeal to the out and out sportsbike fans but for the sports tourers it sure will.

Roll on the sunshine .

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I have a few questions about your setup if you don't mind. Did you have to trim the windshield to clear the tubular bars? What grip heaters did you use and lastly did you add any vibration dampening apparatus (lead shot, Bar snake etc.) inside your tubular bars?

Nice! I have a few questions about your setup if you don't mind. Did you have to trim the windshield to clear the tubular bars? What grip heaters did you use and lastly did you add any vibration dampening apparatus (lead shot, Bar snake etc.) inside your tubular bars?

The handlebars just clip the screen slightly nothing to worry about. Waiting for a zero gravity touring screen so see if it misses that.Best grip heaters i found oxford.Kit came with end dampers and seem fine .

I have the ZG sport touring screen on mine and had to trim the edges a little to clear the reservoirs. I currently have Helibars + a tall Genmar spacer. I have been mulling over switching to the ABM/Spiegler kit or some other adjustable system since Cycle Cat is out of Business and their "Rips" Bar kits are history. The main reason I want to switch is to allow more rotation of my controls. With my current setup they hit the stock top clamp/bar mount and are in no way adjustable.

The handlebars just clip the screen slightly nothing to worry about. Waiting for a zero gravity touring screen so see if it misses that.Best grip heaters i found oxford.Kit came with end dampers and seem fine .

I have the ZG sport touring screen on mine and had to trim the edges a little to clear the reservoirs. I currently have Helibars + a tall Genmar spacer. I have been mulling over switching to the ABM/Spiegler kit or some other adjustable system since Cycle Cat is out of Business and their "Rips" Bar kits are history. The main reason I want to switch is to allow more rotation of my controls. With my current setup they hit the stock top clamp/bar mount and are in no way adjustable.

The ABM kit fitted says no modification required. I find the right hand reservoir just touches the screen and the horn on left hand lock also just touches the tank. Was the screen easy to trim ?? as not sure if i will have to do that when fitting it with these bars.The wider and more upright bars give you the upright feel of the B King without the small back seat and no fairing protection. Ride safe .

much better tourer than going and buying a Goldwing! i like the way it turned out :beerchug:

The screen is a piece of cake to trim. I used a 90 degree air die grinder with a Roloc disc to do mine. A Dremel would make short work of it. Just taped it off and marked what I wanted to trim (try to maintain symmetry) and go slow. Refit it a few times to check fit as I went. :thumbsup:

The ABM kit fitted says no modification required. I find the right hand reservoir just touches the screen and the horn on left hand lock also just touches the tank. Was the screen easy to trim ?? as not sure if i will have to do that when fitting it with these bars.The wider and more upright bars give you the upright feel of the B King without the small back seat and no fairing protection. Ride safe .

Back