Busa kitted up for touring

newbus, that is one slick looking touring bike you have there. You did a great job:bowdown: I have the ventura pak soft luggage and the more I look at what you did with the hard bags the more I like it. However I have a 4 into 1 Yosh R77 pipe It's a high pipe and I'm not sure what hard bags if any will fit on my K8.

Looking good Scots man! I just did 3500 miles around Europe and a double bubble was a godsend. Also the Suzy gel seat. 800 miles in one hit with no pain, awesome! I have the tomtom and mounted it over to one side so I could see all my instruments as having them obscured would drive me crazy, just something you may want to think about. I used Ram Mounts for mine.If you need more capacity , Baglux do tank covers/bags for these too now.
If you're heading down Surrey way drop me a line if you've time for a beer or coffee!

Looking good Scots man! I just did 3500 miles around Europe and a double bubble was a godsend. Also the Suzy gel seat. 800 miles in one hit with no pain, awesome! I have the tomtom and mounted it over to one side so I could see all my instruments as having them obscured would drive me crazy, just something you may want to think about. I used Ram Mounts for mine.If you need more capacity , Baglux do tank covers/bags for these too now.
If you're heading down Surrey way drop me a line if you've time for a beer or coffee!

Hi there .Gel seat sounds good . Satnav is like yours off centre.With higher bars you look right over the tom and not obscured at all.I am same as you i want to see all the gauges. Will give you shout if i am down that way. Already going to Aviemore in couple of weeks time and TT Isle of Man booked for next year. Roll on some fine days.

However I have a 4 into 1 Yosh R77 pipe It's a high pipe and I'm not sure what hard bags if any will fit on my K8.

The Givi E21 hard cases fit just fine with the Yosh R-77 4-2-1 setup, although the exhaust does exit onto the right rear down-stay of the SW-Motech rack.

I am fitting a small 3" piece of exhaust header wrap right on that down-tube area to protect the powder-coating.

R77_GiviBags.jpg

Givi E21's ehhh? They must be smaller hope they lock. I'll check them out. Looks good too.

these boxes are smaller and less obtrusive.The benifit is i believe these racks will also take the e41 so you could buy two diffrent size panniers to fit the same rack.Yes they do lock.

Looks great, comfy and all the gear, but I just don't get it. If you are going to go to all that trouble to make a Busa a tourer,.....why not just buy a tourer?

Looks great, comfy and all the gear, but I just don't get it. If you are going to go to all that trouble to make a Busa a tourer,.....why not just buy a tourer?

It is simple. There is not a Tourer out there that has the performance or the fun of the Hayabusa.

If you can make a hayabusa fit for touring and comfy for the old bones
and you can please the wife as well it is a bonus.

I tried a Honda Pan European and hated it. Tried BMW Gs1200 was fun but not half as much fun as a Hayabusa .Tried BKing nice around town rubbish
at any kind of higher speeds and wife hated the teeny rear seat.

My Busa now fills the gaps that all the tourers dont. Easy answer :thumbsup:

It's not just about power. It is about what you want the bike to do. When I finally decided to replace my last bike (GS1150ES Original owner 20 years) I made myself a list of what was important to me. I wanted something that was at least as comfortable and fast. Had to have tons of torque and had to stop better and handle and turn better, had to be able to get modern parts for it (tires, suspension brakes etc.) and it had to look mean as he11. I didn't want a shaft drive so that ruled out most of the purpose built ST's. I think I speak for several on here when I say that the Busa makes one heck of a sport/touring bike if there is any sporting intent at all.

Givi makes great bags :bowdown: I still have one thet'll hold two helmets or a full business suite, razor, shaving cream, comb, deoderant, and paper work. :thumbsup:

You may want to consider a touring screen and adjustable rear set since you're so upright while ridding.

Givi makes great bags :bowdown: I still have one thet'll hold two helmets or a full business suite, razor, shaving cream, comb, deoderant, and paper work. :thumbsup:

You may want to consider a touring screen and adjustable rear set since you're so upright while ridding.

Thanks zero gravity touring screen fitted since picture taken.Not sure what you mean by adjustable rear set.Are you talking of something like the buell footpeg mod ??

It's not just about power. It is about what you want the bike to do. When I finally decided to replace my last bike (GS1150ES Original owner 20 years) I made myself a list of what was important to me. I wanted something that was at least as comfortable and fast. Had to have tons of torque and had to stop better and handle and turn better, had to be able to get modern parts for it (tires, suspension brakes etc.) and it had to look mean as he11. I didn't want a shaft drive so that ruled out most of the purpose built ST's. I think I speak for several on here when I say that the Busa makes one heck of a sport/touring bike if there is any sporting intent at all.
:thumbsup:

Looks great, how does it ride. I have been thinking about doing the same.

Rides great.The wider bars let you corner easier not that it did not corner good already. Dont seem to feel the effect of the panniers at all.

Have not had the panniers fully laden yet but cant see a problem.

SW Motech seem to have done a good job of carriers. They are fitted with quicklocks and come off in seconds

Whats the small tube running from back to front. Nice accessories though. Would all those items be easy to take off and convert back to a street machine?

Back