Rewired My Entire Lighting System For Fun...PICS!

InfiniteReality

Registered
After taking off the entire stock harness on the upper fairing, decided to rewire it. I swapped out the stock signal sockets for some 1157 to use my 48 SMT switchback LED bulbs and added Clear Alternatives smoked signals. I then installed the 5000K 55w HID low beam bulb and a yellow high beam bulb. After that was done, soldered it all and used some heat shrink to keep it stock looking. I also used the same stock harness to keep it simple.

Next I used a pair of relays so my low and high beam will never be on at the same time. To better explain, my high beam is my default lighting during the daytime and with the flip at night time using the stock high beam switch, my high beam goes off and the HID comes on as well as the white LED switchback parking lights and headlight 194 bulbs (which are white 5 SMT LEDs).

Also added some vinyl tint on my headlight to darken it up a bit. Sometimes it looks perfect and matches signals and other times it looks darker. Oh well, I can always remove it. :)

For the tail of the bike I swapped out the stock tail light with a smoke one that came from Hong Kong. Also some Clear Alternatives rear signal lenses. Again, I swapped out the stock signal sockets with some 1157 and added some 48 SMT red LED bulbs. Then tied the running light wire into the tail light and soldered together. Everything is still plug and play, just like stock.

SNC18007.jpg

SNC18018.jpg

SNC18100.jpg

SNC18102.jpg

SNC18115.jpg

SNC18204.jpg

SNC17995.jpg

I love, love, love this set-up. Best lighting package I've seen to date.

Can you please come up and do mine :please:

:laugh:

:) Wasn't hard to do, just very time consuming so I didn't do a halfass job. I'm content...for now.

Also lowered it and put a Yoshi 4-2-1 CF R77 exhaust on to this weekend. :)

Ok....some questions for you:

How long ago did you order your CA lenses and how long did it take to get them?

What is your honest feeling about the Hong Kong made rear tail light? And where did you get it?

With the way you wired your rear turn signals into your brake light....can they still blink independently?

TIA!

Ok....some questions for you:

How long ago did you order your CA lenses and how long did it take to get them?

What is your honest feeling about the Hong Kong made rear tail light? And where did you get it?

With the way you wired your rear turn signals into your brake light....can they still blink independently?

TIA!

1. Ordered them 2 weeks ago, took 1 week to come in.

2. Got it off ebay. Looks 100x better than the clear ones they sell IMO. Plug and play on stock harness. Looks nice and operates just as I expected! Took less than 2 weeks to come in.

3. Yep, I swapped the sockets from stock to 1157s so my bulbs having running light and when you click your signals they flash and get brighter. :) Rear of the bike was by far easiest wiring it up!

I am going to have to get that tail light now. I have been wondering how close the tint was on these compared to the CA signals! Looks good and not a hack job!

I was worried about they'd look too, but I dig it. :)

I forgot to include finished pictures of the wiring/heat shrink. Also side by side versus stock (or what's left of it since I took all the connectors. :)

SNC18014.jpg

SNC18055.jpg

Infinite I hope you can answer this question.....
Does the connector on the end of both of the 1157 sockets hook into the headlight harness? (I'm talking about the plastic piece on the end of the wires on the 1157 socket) Am i seeing that correctly in your pic with the nose off. Please tell me I am...

Well, they do plug in via the stock harness... But that's not the stock wiring. I re-wired my entire upper fairing to the new 1157 sockets, but used the stock connectors when i did as to keep it easy to work on. :) I did it this way because I'm OCD and wanted bigger wire to the lights, mainly the high beam.

If you wanted to do it, all you really need to do is run a separate wire to each socket for running lights part of it and just keep the rest as is. :)

Awesome job. I am a huge fan of cleaning up stock wiring harnesses. They do so many so fast that they do not put in the attention to detail required to make it so clean and high quality. I think the tail looks fantastic with the blinkers as running lights. I am thinking of doing this to my girl now lol. I also plan on getting some low profile led stop lights to wake anyone up behind me with some searing light :laugh:

(run a separate wire to each socket for running lights part of it)
Can you go in depth a little more. Where would I connect the wire that I run to the socket? The extra connect that came attached to the sigs? Where or which wire should be spliced into to, to make this connection? And any other detailed instructions you have time to give me. If its posted here, where is it? I could look it up and do it that way if you dont have the time....

Congratulations on a job well done! I may consider doing a yellow hi beam now! However, I think the best thing on that bike is the license plate = my high!:bowdown:

Have same/similar rear setup on mine. Love the LED break light and smoked turn signals and break light.. didn't do anything to headlights though.
Looks good bro!

Back