Genmar riser block

RX1Jim

Registered
Hello folks,

Any sponsors of this forum sell the Genmar riser blocks? I'd like to install a 3/4" tall block on my GenII Busa. I am hoping the stock length front brake lines will work since I just installed a new set of braided stainless steel lines. Thanks!

Jim

I've got 1 inch soupy riser block. $65 shipped if paid with paypal as gift / personal. It will work with stock line length. I ran these with Heli bars and cleared the stock lines.

Hello folks,

Any sponsors of this forum sell the Genmar riser blocks? I'd like to install a 3/4" tall block on my GenII Busa. I am hoping the stock length front brake lines will work since I just installed a new set of braided stainless steel lines. Thanks!

Jim

POWERHOUSE has them in stock. 3/4" is the one you want, it works with stock lines and makes a nice difference. GENMAR makes a nice solid billet aluminum block, black anodized with good bolts, and it looks good on the bike :laugh:

I don't see it listed anywhere...

Thanks, but I was referring to the 3/4" Genmar on Powerhouse.

Thanks for pointing that out, we need to do more with our site since there is a lot not on there . . . nonetheless, we have them in stock for both Gen 1 and Gen 2. I like it better than the ugly spacer setup or a plastic block. It comes anodized black, you can powdercoat, paint or chrome it if you want.

I have the 1 1/4 gemar riser and the stock length lines still fit, But just barely. When I change to Steele braided I will get another 2 inches for good measure.

The brake reservoir contacted the windshield at lock. But the clutch cleared it just fine. I noticed the brake reservoir was set further out from the factory. Not sure why. Just watch your clearances before you mark your wind screen. Even if you do you won't see it when in your tuck.

I have the 1 1/4 gemar riser and the stock length lines still fit, But just barely. When I change to Steele braided I will get another 2 inches for good measure.

The brake reservoir contacted the windshield at lock. But the clutch cleared it just fine. I noticed the brake reservoir was set further out from the factory. Not sure why. Just watch your clearances before you mark your wind screen. Even if you do you won't see it when in your tuck.

This issue only occurs with the 1 1/4" riser. The 3/4" version has no clearance issues whatsoever, no issues with the stock length lines or cables. . .

This issue only occurs with the 1 1/4" riser. The 3/4" version has no clearance issues whatsoever, no issues with the stock length lines or cables. . .

You are correct, I wanted to convey he can go all the way up to 1 1/4 with stock line. This is all from personal experience as that is what I am running on my bike.

Also the clearance issue was do to slight miss alignment from the factory. I didn't want his windscreen the same fate as mine.

Apologies if that was unclear.

Thanks for all the replies. My plan is to visit Frank on Friday afternoon to pickup the 3/4" thick riser. A combination of the Buell pegs and the 3/4" riser should make the riding position a bit better for long hauls. Thanks!

Jim

I visited frank at Powerhouse on Sat. and bought a 3?4" thick riser. I be installing it this week then hopefully enjoying a better riding position.

Jim

Back