My Touring Busa with Pics and Reviews

TRALL

Registered
Hi. Just got my bike done yesterday. Its a 2009 and I am setting it up as a Sport Touring Busa with alot of safety mods. . I bought her bone stock in June and here is her new look- I am going with a Black and Silver color scheme since she was born that way............

Mods. with short reviews-

I added -

*Givi Hard luggage with SW-Motech frame from Twisted Throttle- works great first time installing hard luggage and just took my time and followed directions. Takes less then 5 minutes to take luggage off. The side cases are
Givi E21 with 21 liters size and Top Case is Givi E470 with 47 liters size then added brake light to Top Case. Bought everything needed from Twisted Throttle.

*BrakeAway cruise unit- I've installed TM on my last Busa and I love this unit. Best cruise I ever had. Easy to engage and disengage and works great. Does not hit my gas tank and took about 20 min. to follow instructions and tweak everything to work. Only down side is I had installed BMW Sport grips and had to trim outter grip ring since hand placement is a little lower but added Grip Puppies to cover up grips and give a finished look to grip. Bought Brakeaway from Phat Performance for $189.95, best price I could find at the time. Grip Puppies can be bought from California Sport Touring $10.

*Driving Lights made by Martin Fabrication with stock 35 w bulbs, then changed bulbs out with PIAA H3 XWP 70 w bulbs that are 35 w equivalent. Makes the Triangle of Safety.

*MRA Vario Touring Windshield- Looks Great and simple install. I had to go to the Genmar 3/4 inch riser since I already had installed 1" Bar riser that hit the MRA Windshield. After installing 3/4" Genmar risers it fixes issue.

*Kisan Technologies- Added High Beam PathBlazer headlight modulator for daytime use and helping reduce cagers from pulling out from side roads and intersections, also TailBlazer deceleration warning, when brake lights applied gives you a 4 second flash sequence.

*Hyper-lite company lights added set of brake and turning lights for more visual deterrent of drivers behind me seeing and knowing my intentions. Super Bright and flashes as well. Each of the 4 light housing you see have 16 super bright LED lights.

*HID low beam light. White light from DDM as mentioned on site. Super bright over stock, major improvement over stock. Only did Low Beam since High beam is a projector light and as mentioned added modulator for daytime safety.

*Galfer front and rear Stainless steel brake lines. Great quality item and many colors to choose from. Bought from site sponsor - Cycle Brakes.

*Scorpio I900 alarm. Works great. Has the perimeter sensor and tilt and shock features. Ign. kill/Hijack option also available. Comes with two way FOB. Overall works great. The FOB remote not the most user friendly but read instructions and you understand functions and use 100%.

*M4 slip on exhaust pipes. Great Look and Sound. All black pipes with silver M4 logos. Love the pipes. Bought from Pipecity.

*T-Rex frame Sliders great quality and sturdy install. Waiting on the right side slider since the one sent touched right side fairing. They were fixing the issue with the metal support post have the notched area longer so it will not tough fairing when installed.

*Helibars and Genmar 3/4 riser. Improves comfort and ride.

Note-I had a friend install alarm and lights mentioned above since he does it for a living and is a expert. I did the rest.

:beerchug:Thanks for looking and to this sites members that helped me install and choose which mods I wanted.....Anthony (TRALL)

A few more pics in the Pinned section for Mods.

busa4.jpg

busa9.jpg

busa6.jpg

busa13.jpg

busa15.jpg

Ah yes.. sport touring at it's finest.. looks great. I too have a very similar setup... bar risers too.. and in reality those bags and mounts dont weigh that much either...

Just curious, how does the headlight modulator work with the HIDs? I didn't think they would go together.

Read what he posted don't just look at the pictures.. :poke: HID is in the low beam only.. Modulator is in the high beam only..

To the OP real nice setup.. Sport touring at it's finest.. :thumbsup:

009.jpg

Last edited:
Read what he posted don't just look at the pictures.. :poke: HID is in the low beam only.. Modulator is in the high beam only..

If I just looked at the pictures, how would I have know there was a modulator? :moon: I just missed the part that it was on the high beam.

Looking good trophyhouse and dr1300r.

The Brakeaway Cruise is model number 6CB03-03 from Phat Performance Parts - Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Accessories

Also I dont have video but a few more pics of Lights and Brakes...They are really bright and each flashes about four times then goes solid. Simply pump the brake and it does it again. I know people without a doubt can see me or at least increases my visibility. There are still drunk/drug drivers and people that get distracted but another layer of protection.

I work 3rd shift so wanted extra lights for night driving but also aides in daytime driving as well. Thanks for the comments......

BUSA LIGHTS.jpg

BRAKES.jpg

BRAKES1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a doubt, one of the most beautiful Sport Cruisers I have ever seen. You can just see all the thought and care that was put into her. Great job TRALL, she's a beaut.

Looks good. Do the SWMotech side racks connect to the stock fender in the rear? I just have the top rack now, was thinking about adding the side-racks as well for longer trips, but I don't have a fender. I might just get a bigger top case (E55) instead. But I'd really like to add the side cases, and use the top rack for my fuel cell - bu might wind up mounting that in front of the tail bag over the back seat.

Do the SWMotech side racks connect to the stock fender in the rear?

Yes they do. The send a mounting type bracket that mounts by the lic. plate. One side for lower outer left rack mount and the other of course for right lower mount point.

Back