Busa kitted up for touring

Newbus,
I just got my ABM comfort kiy today, but with no English instructions. Can you advise if I need to jack up the bike underneath the engine to unload the front suspension so I can take of the top yoke mount and fit the new ABM top yoke?
Cheers
Shaun

I have an 03 busa and 98 goldwing and have been tell my wife I'll trade both. So I can do just this. BTW I love the search function:beerchug: anyway having both bike takes up to much room and although the wing is nice it kills me knowing I could be on the busa. I could go the cheap route and just buy that setup fgor the 03 but I WANT A NEW ONE:bowdown: Great looking bikes:thumbsup:

Hard bags as well.... Lots of room and everything stays dry!

Last edited by a moderator:
After months of searching for hard luggage and items to make touring easier on the old bones i now have almost finished my ideal touring bike.
2008 model Busa . SW Motech side and rear racks with Givi boxes.(Supplied by TouringBiker.com) Best company i have dealt with in a long time.Thanks Jenny.

ABM Comfort kit with high bars great for long distance touring. (ABM supplies to English dealer = Worst i have came across )

Heated Grips .Garmin Zumo 550 Sat nav.Took me to Belguim and back no problem at all.
This set up will not appeal to the out and out sportsbike fans but for the sports tourers it sure will.
P10100144.jpg

P10100122.jpg

Roll on the sunshine .

just wondering how you find the straight bars on a long run,are you sat very straight or are you slightly crouched still,english company do them for 300 inc all brake and cluch lines but wondering if i would be sat too straight on bike,i am 5,9. bike looks fab by the way

After months of searching for hard luggage and items to make touring easier on the old bones i now have almost finished my ideal touring bike.
2008 model Busa . SW Motech side and rear racks with Givi boxes.(Supplied by TouringBiker.com) Best company i have dealt with in a long time.Thanks Jenny.

ABM Comfort kit with high bars great for long distance touring. (ABM supplies to English dealer = Worst i have came across )

Heated Grips .Garmin Zumo 550 Sat nav.Took me to Belguim and back no problem at all.
This set up will not appeal to the out and out sportsbike fans but for the sports tourers it sure will.

Roll on the sunshine .

Nice lookin rig my friend. What kind of handle bars you got on it?
This is my touring rig here

Cheers

View attachment 187987

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted a ABM kit as well, not an easy job though, but I managed it. I'm 6' 4" and instead of a double bubble screen I already ordered a Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen for more comfort on long distance and Autobahn trips :whistle:
Handling is really well and the bike is more under control. Had to get used to the new riding position but in general it drives really well :thumbsup:

Foto0080.jpg

Foto0082.jpg

Foto0081.jpg

The MRA double bubble screen which I mounted needed to be adjusted, you can see it on the pictures. The Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen 23-134 which is mounted now doesnt need to be changed at all.

K8 SportTouring 23-134.jpg

Fitted a ABM kit as well, not an easy job though, but I managed it. I'm 6' 4" and instead of a double bubble screen I already ordered a Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen for more comfort on long distance and Autobahn trips :whistle:
Handling is really well and the bike is more under control. Had to get used to the new riding position but in general it drives really well :thumbsup:

That looks great.

:thumbsup:

I am seriously thinking of doing the same.

Tell me, are the electrical cables stretched much?

Thanks

Back