My head is on the chopping block.

sorry to hear
sad.gif
 hope it works out in your favor
thanks. one way or the other things will be good.

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
  fingers crossed for ya bud. - K

... hey! U wanna clean carpets in Hawaii?
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128072052 -->

sad.gif

sad.gif

I had worked for 9 years with Piedmont Airlines before US Airways came in and bought us out, we were told that everyones jobs were secure and that they was just going to dovetail in there employees 14 mos. later I got my pink slip, history with no regard to loyality or committment.....I can understand the frustration but trust me things will work out bro...laters Mick

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
  fingers crossed for ya bud. - K

... hey! U wanna clean carpets in Hawaii?
thumbs-up.gif
what does it pay? Can I HAVE your house out there? How close to the water is it? SCUBA DIVING ALL THE TIME!!!!!
jump9.gif
It's all good. If it hits the fan I have a friend up in Maine that will give me a place to stay until I find work. Thankfully I sold my house already and got cought up on my bills. As long as I make enough to pay the truck payment I'll be good until something better comes along.

sad.gif

sad.gif

I had worked for 9 years with Piedmont Airlines before US Airways came in and bought us out, we were told that everyones jobs were secure and that they was just going to dovetail in there employees 14 mos. later I got my pink slip, history with no regard to loyality or committment.....I can understand the frustration but trust me things will work out bro...laters Mick
I know what you mean. I didn't work for Delta at the time but when the bought out Eastern their guys came over to Delta with seniorty. Delta then had a layoff and let Delta people go but the Eastern guys stayed. Lots of conflects over that one.

I would hang around till they axed you,You'll get some sort of package right?
rock.gif

****Update****

Here we go again.
wow.gif
They're sharping the axe one more time.
Tomorrow is yet one more big announcement that may change my future. There have been all kinds of changes and rumors going on at work. We have hurd that anyone hired after 1991 is gone but then we hear it's not going to be that bad.
rock.gif
Tomorrow at 1pm there is going to be a call in show where they are going to tell us every thing. We'll see, we've hurd this before.
mad.gif
I have less then 500 mechanics below me now and I'm not to sure that I will survive this round of cuts. It's getting to close to home to feel sure that I will make it. Tonight we hurd rumors that they are closeing down 8 of our out stations and makeing cutbacks at 4 other stations. This means about 500 people displaced. Remember I have less then 500 below me.
wow.gif
We were told that there "should" be package deals (early retirements/voluntary leaves) but another part of the rumor was that this will be done withing 2 weeks. I don't see anyway that they can offer this packages and then get people to deceide if they can or are willing to move for the company in that time frame. I have a bad feeling that they might just pick a date and tell us that everyone hired after it is gone. I may be wrong but at this point I just want all this behind me. Every 6 months or so we get to play this game to see who can hold on and who can't. It's getting really old. We have guys with over 15 years that are getting close to just talking a walk. Hell this past month we have had two guys kill themselves because the stress levels have gotten to high and one guy snapped and put his boss in the hospital when he beat the tar out of him and this guy has over 20 years with the company. I really don't want to leave but I'm at that point where I don't much care one way or the other anymore.
sad.gif
I'm glad that I am in the position that I'm in. I sold my house, paid off all my debt but my truck payment and I even have cash in the bank that will float me for most of the year if I play it right. I'm one of the lucky ones that way. My parents leave here in GA and I was able to move back in with them for the last 8 months or so. I am looking forward to the possibility of moving back upto Maine where my two best friends live. I have wanted to get back up there since I left in 96 but just never had the opportunity. This may be my chance. The bad part about all of this is that I won't know for sure if I'm gone or not until it actually happens. Less then 12 hours to go to hear my fate and about two months to get everything in order. They have to give us 60 days notice or 60 days pay before they can lay us off so that is atleast 4 more paychecks anyway.
biggrin.gif
That and our severance pay is one week for every year of service so that will give an additional 8 checks plus any unused vacation time.
cool.gif

I will post the details when I get them.

wow.gif

AGAIN!!!
wow.gif
mad.gif

Man, that really blows. But it sounds like you have prepared yourself financially, smart guy!
biggrin.gif

Keep us informed, I did hear that Delta pilots have agreed to I think a 14% decrease in pay
sad.gif
And the industry is still hurting...

yeah 14% out of the 35% the company needs to get from them. They have until 3/1/06 to make a final contract before the judge makes it for them. It's not pretty out there right now.

I feel for ya. The uncertainty of a mans job is most likely the highest stress there is. Its not like losing a loved one,or having an accident. Those things are usually more easily faced.

ie: Gramma dies at the age of 94. Sure,its sad,but its also expected.

losing your lifeblood. I dunno. Sounds horiffic to me. Especially when you have years and years of history with the place.

all the best to you...RSD.

I don't know which is worse...finding out one morning that you no longer have a job without any warning, or this waiting game. I think the waiting game would be much worse.

Wishing you the best of luck either way it goes. Sounds like you've got everything in place to make it a lot easier on you either way. Good Job
cool.gif

Keep us posted
wink.gif

Thanks guys. I am much better off them the rest of the guys I work with. I got luck that way. I put my house up for sale 4/04 with the idea to buy another one with more land and build a work shop. The first set of layoffs were nowhere even close to me and I wasn't the least bit worried. Then came the next round, no real biggie. A little closer but I still had over a 1000 below me. Then last January we got a 10% paycut and changes to our health benefits.
mad.gif
Then a few months later word of another layoff came about. This time it got to me. I did'nt have to worry about getting laidoff but I did have to fill out a bid sheet saying where I was willing to go to keep my job. This is when it hit home and no my house still hasn't sold at this time. Panic mode kicked in and that is when the parents and myself sat down and talked. After almost a year to the day my house finally sold.
cool.gif
The money that I made off the sale paid off all of my debt except my truck. So here I sit back at Mom and Dad's place.
blush.gif
Then to add to it they cut our pay another 7.5% and hacked our benefits again. All in all last year I lost over $800 a month and I am not making less then I was three years ago. Something about that just doesn't sound right but I can't put my finger on it.
rock.gif
laugh.gif
But life is good and a lot less stressful then it would be otherwise. Thanks Mom and Dad. I will have a better idea what is going on this afternoon if I can get in on the call in show. There is going to a boatload of people trying so I may not get in and I'm off for the next two days. We'll see and I will post more tonight.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Good luck and it certainly sounds like you see the bright side to this, if there is one, right? Keep your chin up...I wish you the best!
smile.gif

Back