I'm on the chopping block also.

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Well I thought working in the prison system was about the only secure job out there. Wrong.

The Gov of Illinois is trying to blame the prison workers for the 11 bill hole the state is in. He says we make to much money. Lemme see. about 55K a year for dealing with some real winners before all of the FORCED overtime. At this point most of the officers and command staff are working 3-4 shifts of forced overtime per week. No wonder the guys are making some scratch. Not safe. Tired, pissed of staff in a prison just leads to more problems, more contraband coming into the system.

The truth is, if he lays off EVERY state worker in illinois, not just DOC he only gaines about 1 billion dollars to fill the hole. DOC is like 6% of the budget so now he is going to lay off 1600 DOC staff so he can "fix the budget". What he really wants to do is reopen our contract and take away any raises and pay more for insurance and other stuff HE just negotiated and signed off on last year.

How does he plan on laying off all of these people? Easy, let 6K to 10K inmates out to go play in our backyards again. Unreal.

So, I'm on the chopping block too. My recent promotion to Lieutenant may cost me my job because I'm back to being low seniority in my job title. He says Sept 30th, I'm out. I sure hope this is scare tactics. :please:

That's a beotch. Hopefully things will get resolved differently. I knew you were going to say cut prisoners loose :laugh:

Crappy news. I hope things work out for you.

That sucks Chris...can you not bump back into your previous ranK?

I dont think so. What would really suck is that if I could do that, I would be bumping a good friend out on the street. Its pretty cutthoat right now and I think the stupid ass gov in loving it. One thing for sure, come the November primaries I wont be voting for one incumbant in the state house or senate, they all just bowed down to this idiot.

What do you expect? Look at the party running your state? TAX and Spend!!! Same situation in Michigan! My question is why do the people keep voting in these idiots! You all are getting screwed! (VOTE THEM OUT). I live in Texas and we don't have your problems. The economy is booming here in Texas.

Are you telling me Barack Obama left his home state in financial shambles? Don't feel bad, he is now doing the same to the entire country! :whistle:

That just stinks Chris :( Keeping fingers crossed that you hear better news soon...

Yeah Yeah.... The Dems can't blame President Bush anymore, They own it all so you Dems need to stop kicking that dead horse because it's on you all now!!! :moon::moon::moon:! Oh by the way, the Dems run Illinois and Michigan! I rest my case......:thumbsup:

lets everyone here on the org write the good old gov of Illinois about how important it is to keep these people in jail...take away the overtime if you must but for goodness sakes dont let people out just to fix your money problems...then we will have to hire more local police to round them up again, when they start breaking the law again

Yeah Yeah.... The Dems can't blame President Bush anymore, They own it all so you Dems need to stop kicking that dead horse because it's on you all now!!! :moon::moon::moon:! Oh by the way, the Dems run Illinois and Michigan! I rest my case......:thumbsup:

the economy sucked with bush..the economy sucks with obama...

i rest my case.

Sorry to hear, Chris. Hopefully it will work out for ya...

I'm so sorry to hear this Chris. I know how hard you worked to get promoted. Keep do'n what your do'n and maybe your hard work will keep you employed.

good luck bro, 55k is pretty decent around here plus overtime, I would love the money, but I am sure the cost of living is more where you live. you are in needed, hopefully they can just hire more people and get rid of the ot, that should save them some coin

Chris, fingers crossed for you. Stay safe and don't let this take your attention while in a dangerous area.

Back