My First 30 days of owning a hayabusa

(mattyss @ Aug. 22 2007,17:22)
(shortcut @ Aug. 22 2007,17:57) i get one question and one statement ALL the time.
question: how fast ya been on it?
statement: i would never own that kind of bike-i'd kill myself.
+1 same to things everyoe says too me
+1
beerchug.gif

Some girls come over, look at the busa, read "1300!", and say "My that's a BIG one".

B/F on 600 just turns red.

I just say " Yes, it is".

Have you ever had it called a Kawabusa??
guns.gif

Suggestion: If one of your older relatives ask "how fast do you go?- DON't tell em! I thought my uncle was gonna go right there---"GASP"-- "JEEZ
wow.gif

How about walking into your garage to get something.. Forgetting what you were originally looking for and end up spending 20 minutes just staring at your Busa!!

ps...
This doesn't stop... I've owned mine for almost 2 years and it still happens on a weekly basis....  
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

(rtvegas @ Aug. 23 2007,22:26) How about walking into your garage to get something.. Forgetting what you were originally looking for and end up spending 20 minutes just staring at your Busa!!

ps...
This doesn't stop... I've owned mine for almost 2 years and it still happens on a weekly basis....  
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
+1 on forgetting stuff

Hey bud... Since I bought mine I wake up and take my coffee out into the garage and enjoy some quiet time... best peace and quiet before starting the day.

I've had too many people ask 2 questions
1 how fast i've been, and
2 why do you need something like that.

I usually refer them to question 1 when they ask question 2.

I still have the "stupid Busa grin" every time I ride and see others looking at the bike as I'm parking...it's been well over 30 days now; should I seek help
laugh.gif

lurk.gif

I took a ride with a buddy of mine from work. He was on his Yamaha V-Star 1100. His comment was "I'm glad you came out to ride today, I just love looking at that bike." I'm still stoked every time I look at it.

Hearing touched, phat, cool, damn, awesome, lucky dog, nice, *sigh*, whoa, mmm mmm mmm, off the charts, far out and ssswwweeeeeeettttt never gets old.

super.gif

ppl ask me "what kind of bike is it"?
I say "its a busa"
They say "what size is it"?
I say "it's a busa"!
rant.gif

They say "is it a 750 or 1000"?
I frown and say "It's a BUSA........ 1300"?
They say "HOLY ****"!!!
I smile
beerchug.gif

I haven't had people try to race yet.. but I get that "how fast does it go" or "how fast have you gone" all the damn time.

I do love to just stare at it in the parking lot, or pictures of it on my work computer.

But after about 60days of ownership I have no regrets on getting this bike.

Just need to get some mufflers now.
lurk.gif
... Maybe a tobin seat... Hell, some chrome wheels would be nice...

When people ask how fast have I had it, I always say 55mph with a good tail wind
biggrin.gif
. The response I recieve are always yeah right with a big smile on their faces.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(rtvegas @ Aug. 23 2007,22:26) How about walking into your garage to get something.. Forgetting what you were originally looking for and end up spending 20 minutes just staring at your Busa!!

ps...
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
i walk in there and go wow !that is one killer bike
SHOCKED.gif

I hear at least once a day how the ZX 13.5 is faster...but I have yet to meet one of these morons that either have a ZX or have a BUSA...Go figure?

I am known as a quiet, understated, laid-back person at work. I love the reaction I get when people ask me what I ride. They just cannot believe I ride a bike like that. Makes me smile the rest of the day.
jump9.gif

i believe that someone on this site refers to these dumb a@#'s as "bubbas" we know they have no clue and they think they know it all. i have heard way to many times that 600's and 750's will get ya red light to red light. and i say where is your 750
rock.gif
Then they say, well them busa's are too big and heavy for curves, then i say, what road ya wanna test me and my big heavy busa on?
biggrin.gif

yes yes yes the girls all want to ride. just get there number and call they wont/cant say no. its the busa magic.
and there are the guys who wnt one, and the guys that say the dont but really do.

Back