My 2nd mod iz halfway done

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
All the products I used came from lowes  which includes a couple of wood strip wheels, folllowed with wet sanding with 400 grit paper til smooth, then I applied  00, 0000 steel wool pads to remove the visual scratches before I buffed it out with buffing compounds (Rouge and Tripoli) applied with a Sears hand drill.

From what I can see my polish job is close to some of the proffesional jobbrs I have seen, but cant touch the quality of the <span style='color:red'>Veltune</span>  . So being the broke down Pimp that I am and having <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>mo time than money</span> I'm satisfied with my backyard finish.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089919595 -->

DSC01574.JPG

I thought you said you didn't send that to Veltune...Man you did a great job...
evil.gif

STUNNAH Posted on July 15 2004,20:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought you said you didn't send that to Veltune...Man you did a great job... [/QUOTE]

I didnt, I was just giving propzzzz on dudes (Veltune) quaility of work he does.
Thanks for the love Gangsta, as alot my .sweat went into it

sweet job, Rhythm.. nice work!

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: "spelling... what else?!"|1089920450 -->

I just had a little pun going on...Most do it yourselfers can do just as good as vel...I ain't polishing shat no more...The problem I had was everyone wants you to do work for them but they don't want to pay you...Simple solution I don't polish anymore...If your gonna do quite a bit more to your bike check out Caswell.com...Thats where I use to order all my supplies...
evil.gif

I just had a little pun going on...Most do it yourselfers can do just as good as vel...I ain't polishing shat no more...The problem I had was everyone wants you to do work for them but they don't want to pay you...Simple solution I don't polish anymore...If your gonna do quite a bit more to your bike check out Caswell.com...Thats where I use to order all my supplies... [/QUOTE]

I feel you on that Playa, thatzzz why I only do OJT and charge min for my assistant
laugh.gif
Good lQQKn out on the recommendation , I'll check it out.

Nice work and thanks for the kind words too.
smile.gif
I'm casually doing the same thing to a set of factory cans that came off of my Busa and it is a lot of work. I figured I would polish and sell them rather than have them sitting around the shop getting in the way. All those fine little ridges that have to sanded down... hehehe. I haven't figured out how to get inside the mounting brackets yet though. I used 400 grit paper too and then on to 600 grit with an orbital sander. I followed that with rough, medium, and fine grade buffs. I dread doing the second can. Your polishing looks great...! Welcome to the Sore Fingers Club and good luck with the 2nd can.

sweet job, Rhythm.. nice work! [/QUOTE]

U know it Gangsta
wink.gif

Nice work and thanks for the kind words too. I'm casually doing the same thing to a set of factory cans that came off of my Busa and it is a lot of work. I figured I would polish and sell them rather than have them sitting around the shop getting in the way. All those fine little ridges that have to sanded down... hehehe. I haven't figured out how to get inside the mounting brackets yet though. I used 400 grit paper too and then on to 600 grit with an orbital sander. I followed that with rough, medium, and fine grade buffs. I dread doing the second can. Your polishing looks great...! Welcome to the Sore Fingers Club and good luck with the 2nd can.[/QUOTE]

I feel you on the fingr rehab WB
sad.gif
, since this isnt my first time polishing I have learned a new technique which only includes the assistant of using the strip wheelzz I mentioned. This is a very effective way to prep (level) the area quickly and smoothly . When the surfaces are like the midframe section , forks and the mufflers on the Busa.

One can down and One to go
cool.gif

how long time wise did it take you? I may have to do that. [/QUOTE]

Like my boy Stun has said it takezzz time to do especially if your not set up like a proffesional shop. Give your self about 5 hrs on a can, that how long it takes my slow azzzzzzz
mad.gif

Hella nice job! I've got a couple you could do when you get done!
biggrin.gif

Hella nice job! I've got a couple you could do when you get done!
[/QUOTE]

U know I got your back Dawg//////////////// wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back
laugh.gif

Looks great! You're moving right along with the mods!
smile.gif

Looks like I've got another mod to learn how to do...gee thanks...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Looks great! You're moving right along with the mods!

Looks like I've got another mod to learn how to do...gee thanks...
[/QUOTE]

You know it little lady, but dont blame it on me, I'm just trying to catch up with Thinker
laugh.gif

Back