Just finished posting mod updates in...

ICEMANN

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Mostly just to show how much room there actully is on the busa, and Im officially a poser.  I think after seeing so many new riders, and so many accidents.  I am tired of knocking on doors and informing the next of kin, my stunt days are over.

Im styln an profilin now!, 2 mph so airy body sees me.</span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Learned one very important lesson...</span>

The spring inside the handle bar switch that pushes the horn button back out will melt much faster than the fuse can blow, and much quicker than the 24 gauge wire the stock horn wires are.  

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>SO PLEASE those with horns, air shifters etc, do not , I REPEAT, do not</span> under any circumstance

use the stock horn wires to ground your horn or air shifters.

Many many many thanks to MPS for their $60.00 + 2nd day shipping "I HAD TO HAVE IT" wire harness for the air shifter worth about $2.57 cents in wire, crimps, wire ties, and switch that looped the fuggin ground down and back up to ground the HORN off the 24 gauge stock horn wire ground that was WAY TO FUGGIN SMALL to handle water let a lone anything else.  

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE USE A HEAVY GUAGE WIRE TO THE FRAME OR BATTERY ITSELF</span>.  I used a relay and everything as supposed too.

Pressed the button, heard the compressor for the air horn for a split second, smelled, and saw smoke.

OH FUGG, last min dash for the key

TOOO LATE!  The sping well lets just say sprung. before any fuse could blow or should have blown, or any wire melted, the spring which is thinner than the contact wire in a fuse melted, causing the horn button to collapse under the pressure of my thumb, get STUCK IN THE PUSHED IN PHASE, thus burning it up some more, causing some serious cussing.

Replaced the spring cause I happened to have an extra from a start button, but dayum that was a pain.  

Moved the ground after 1/2 hour tracing wires in wire ties to find a loop back short cut!  

PS, send me $5.00 and I will make you a harness if you cant crimp some dayum connectors onto some wire and buy a $1.59 switch.  Ok $2.00 switch. Sorry got off tangent with personal fortitude!

Anyway, pics posted in mod section.  Hope it helps someone.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146551395 -->

Back