Daytona 500!

Good point Samurai , what I'd like to see is the old "stock car" racing ......where all cars have to use the stock showroom body .:;):

yes that is what i mean now the are nothing close to stock so how can you call it that . Frames are made from scratch tubing bodies are poured fibrglass the only thing ford are chevy is the logos .even the motors are not stock blocks .Should be called unlimited racing with restrector plates..

the hood, roof, and deck lid ( trunk ) are still stock... as a matter of fact the teams dont even make them, they are given to the teams and they have to hand fabricate the rest of the car to include paint/decals/vinals... the stereotype of "i hate nascar cause all they do is turn left" is so cliche... there is alot more to Nascar than just turning left... for the record, they do race 2 road courses every year... yea they turn right too
tounge.gif

Sorry guys. After attending IRL, Rolex, AMA Superbike and MotoGP events last year, watching 43 identical cars with restrictor plates running in a clump and turning left around an oval just doesn't hold my attention. Nothing personal.
you are so right.. god how could I have been interested in any other type of racing all these years!

I hadn't even noticed they were only turning left..

Thank you for opening my eyes!

nah, seriously... i've been to IRL and AMA... They are ok... but for the most part you are having a loud picnic with cars whizzing by every few minutes... you can actually watch a nascar race in person.. thats the difference.

I would much rather watch a GP, or AMA race on the tube as go... nascar is interesting either way... and I don't have to go home and watch the DVR to know what was going on after the race is over.

RE: the race.. I don't even know who to pull for anymore haha.. i'm kind of in "fan" limbo. At heart I'm a Gordon fan.. but he's got plenty of fans so maybe I'll go pull for one of the newer guys and be able to really enjoy it if he blooms into a great driver.

Still a pretty good race.

Back