I'm going to the Daytona 500!

Yorad

Registered
See avatar <<<, yet here I am with tickets to the Daytona 500!

So, I was out for a ride this weekend and my girl texts me from home to tell me another couple we know is inviting us to the Daytona 500.  I text back that tickets are nearly $275/each for the cheaper seats thinking that will scare her off (she knows I don't watch NASCAR anyway).  I hop back on the bike and by the time I get home everything has gone wrong.  She told them we didn't want to drop $575 on 2 tickets, so my buddy buys the tickets for us then calls back and insists we're going!  
eek2.gif

When someone drops $500-600 on tickets for you to go to something, you pretty much have to say "yes", don't you think?  

Maybe I'll be inspired to change my avatar when I return.  We'll see.  I'm going with an open mind, I'll find a way to have fun one way or another.
super.gif

all_coholic.gif

I know there are some anti-NASCAR people here, but I also see a thread asking who people are cheering for so I know we have fans here too.  Any tips from people who've been to a race before?  What can I bring with me?  Do they let you bring your own adult beverages and food or do you have to buy there?  Anything else I should know?

I go the Daytona 200 every year, but I'm sure this is a very different experience.

to hell with the race, just go for the 5-days of straight partyin!!!!!!

The Daytona 500 is something else. You will have a great time. If you don't have goosebumps at the start of that race your dead!
ThumbsUp.gif

*shudder*

That's what tickets cost for a Nascar event? $600 to sit outside in a concrete fishbowl in Florida for eight hours? Seriously? I think I'm in the wrong business.

My advice is to start drinking heavily.

*shudder*

That's what tickets cost for a Nascar event? $600 to sit outside in a concrete fishbowl in Florida for eight hours? Seriously? I think I'm in the wrong business.

It might be inside the fishbowl.  
laugh.gif
I didn't buy the tickets.

So beer and earplugs?  I'll be happy to have both I think.  Good tip on the earplugs!  I'm going to Gatornationals this year too, so I'll need those in a few weeks anyway.

And the cost for me is $0, so at worst I'll get a good buzz and enjoy a day outside.  

Look at that, I'm coming around already!
beerchug.gif

*shudder*

It might be inside the fishbowl.  
laugh.gif
I didn't buy the tickets.

So beer and earplugs?  I'll be happy to have both I think.  Good tip on the earplugs!  I'm going to Gatornationals this year too, so I'll need those in a few weeks anyway.

And the cost for me is $0, so at worst I'll get a good buzz and enjoy a day outside.  

Look at that, I'm coming around already!
beerchug.gif
At that price they have to be some great seats!
thumb_up.gif
 Do yourself a favor, if your friend doesn't have a scanner, rent one there so you can hear the communication between the drivers and the crew chief. I hope you will post up on this thread and let us know what you thought of the race. Don't be surprised if you become a fan.

Back