My 08 busa. Alot can change in a week :)

Ok guy's here it is. Went to the dyno today.

Mapped it to 10 lbs of boost. At 10 lbs it made 286hp and 165ft lbs of torque. I was hoping it would make 300 at 10 lbs but it just was not in the cards. It did make 300 at 10 lbs but not safely. It would need to be dangerously rich so with the air fuel in a nice 11.4 range it makes a little less power but I can live with that.

I wanted to make 300 with a safe air fuel so I pushed it to 12 lbs and it didn't like that
sadnews.gif
It pushed a little antifreeze into the over flow bottle. It made 303 and 175 foot pounds.

We put it back to 10 and made 3 more pulls and it was fine (not pushing any more antifreeze) but the stock gasket with stock compression won't take 12. 11 might be the limit. If I put a base gasket on it 300 won't be a problem so that most likely will be done soon

Ok, for the weird part. The MODE switch.

At 10 lbs- mode a- 186hp- air fuel 11.4
At 10 lbs- mode b- 193hp- air fuel 12.2
At 10 lbs- mode c- 197hp- air fuel 13.2

The lower setting on the bike makes more horsepower on turbo but kills the bike normally aspirated. I thought it bumped the timing down to decrease power but it is looking like it. Maybe it just leans the bike out so badly it won't run. I am not sure but I never thought I would see the results I did by going to the less power mode.

Anyone know exactly what the lower power modes do? I am really curious now.

Should those A,B & C HP figures have a "2" in front of them instead of a "1"
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

Weird how the hp is higher as you go up to c mode. I'm sure the spanner men will shed some light on it"¦"¦"¦"¦

rock.gif

DEE DEE DEE,, LOL. Yes they should be 2 something. I just tried to change it and it won't let me, lol.

I wish someone would tell me exactly what the mode button does.

800 miles so far and running great. The power delivery is very smooth and manageable. I set up a 2 stage off my hazard lights and it works great.

Yes, The motor is completely stock with stock compression.

I should have done a video of the dyno pulls but I didn't. Sorry guy's
sad.gif

Holy ****! Very nice work man! I always joke with my buddies that I'm gonna turbo mine to leave them more in the dust, but you actually did it... Crazy
bowdown.gif

Back