Just took my new Busa out for a 200 mile jaunt! Observations and Questions.

Thanks Tim

This is a mod i will be doing for sure (at some point, $ is getting tight). However, i will need a BLACK ones! :)

I sent you a PM regarding the tank pad also

I've never heard of them flexing and don't see how they could(high grade bolts, ss spacers, and nylon insert locknuts). The top plate that the bars bolt to is a thin aluminun casting, it can't flex(it mounts seperately to the upper triple clamp). It is also only flush mounted around the bolt locations, so you aren't really giving up strength and rigidity by having the bolt spacers as opposed to the full spacer. The full spacer looks better and I'm sure it's support around the edges would add some strength.
I however have never had any flexing, cracking, or issues of any kind with mine. My spacers have about 10k miles on them(they were 1.5" until I got the heli-bars and had to cut them down), and the heli-bars have about a third of that mileage. My bike sees lots of wheelies, stoppies, rough roads and deep corners too, if I can't break them, it's not going to happen.:laugh:
No worries!:thumbsup:

It sounds like you ride like me!!:rofl: I too have heli bars and have wondered if adding 3/4 risers would lessen the "sport" feel to it or make it harder to carve corners etc. Did it make much difference??:poke:

6 feet 4 tall 280 pounds new screen only . been riding a busa for 2 years now after a while you become one with the bike , the adrenaline stops me from hurting :laugh:

It sounds like you ride like me!!:rofl: I too have heli bars and have wondered if adding 3/4 risers would lessen the "sport" feel to it or make it harder to carve corners etc. Did it make much difference??:poke:

No difference in handling that I noticed(I'm 5' 10" and flatfoot the bike). It is more comfortable for me though, there's less pressure on my wrists and the 2 combined make my back feel alot better. I can actually ride better just because I'm more comfortable. I've got a Corbin seat too, and Vortex rearsets are on my list.
I'm about 3 hrs south of you, come see for yourself. We can ride the BRP and some really good curves getting there, might even drag a knee or two:laugh: There's no traffic on weekdays either.

Welcome and you are going to love the bar riser spacers....I made my own 8+ years ago.
I think inch and a half tall..tweaked the levers and have no clearance issues...

Hello all,

I have replied by PM, but I'm happy to post here.

I have helis and 1 inch risers:

DSC04242.jpg

The bike has 1 inch longer brake and clutch lines, and I have removed the throttle cable retaining bolt and also slackened off the wire hold down tie under the dash (google Warchild helibar install - great info there).

At full left lock, the brake master cylinder just touches the screen - but, frankly, I wouldn't care if it scraped the screen - the bike is just so much more comfortable.

Twisties performance is not effected, at all. Indeed, it feels better in the twisties I reckon.

The next step would be the LSL handlebar kit - but that is a bridge too far for me.

:-)

Buell pegs are a must.

Just make sure you ride on the balls of your feet in the corners.

Heck, throw some 6 inch apes on it and be comfy! Seriously, the number 1 issue that was mentioned and I found out to be the #1 thing is seat time. Once you get riding some, your muscles get used to your position. My BKing was killing me at first, then I started riding a lot and now I can go 200+ miles with no wrist/hand/arm pain at all. I even have my legs and butt up to 125 miles before I take one and a half 10/660 Vicodin. But that is from my legs and wieght, not the bike. So, get out and ride!:thumbsup:

I have the 1 1/4 genmar risers on mine. I would have had to re route the cables if I went any higher. Also I had to twist my brake reservoir as it was hitting the wind screen at full lock. The clutch was just fine.

If your hands are going to sleep you might have too much hand pressure. If I hold my self up with my back muscles I can go long distances with ease. I think the hand grips are too small.

My next mod will be the buel pegs

No difference in handling that I noticed(I'm 5' 10" and flatfoot the bike). It is more comfortable for me though, there's less pressure on my wrists and the 2 combined make my back feel alot better. I can actually ride better just because I'm more comfortable. I've got a Corbin seat too, and Vortex rearsets are on my list.
I'm about 3 hrs south of you, come see for yourself. We can ride the BRP and some really good curves getting there, might even drag a knee or two:laugh: There's no traffic on weekdays either.

In that case we'll do it. Because I've wondered about the corbin seat myself and would love to see your setup and ride! I'll PM you. :beerchug:

UPDATE:

Took it out again today for a few hundred miles with the 1" handlebar risers installed!

What a difference an inch makes in comfort! :thumbsup:

Back