Just ordered Helibars for the Busa

Did wonders for me!

Combine with Buell Peg mod (even if you dont think its too high it is LOL) and Gel Seat and i can do 500 mile days in saddle

I have Vertex adjustable rear sets, so I'm good in that department.

Day 2 with the Helibars. Getting a little better feel for them in the turns. Sitting more upright just takes away some confidence heading into turns. Having that much less weight over the front makes me a bit nervous. I guess it's going to take some getting used to. As is the bike wanting to wheelie easier.:O

It does take soome getting used to on the helibars. But once you get your riding position adjusted they become more natural. I did find that with the helibars riding with the tank bag made the bike feel like a bus!

Another weird thing is that I used to sort of turn in the seat and and ride with just the right hand to rest. I could ride for this for miles and miles on the stock setup. Now with the helis, I can't seem to find the perfect comfortable rest spot to eat some miles between twisties. But overall it's much more comfortable so I am happy with them.

I finally decided they would stay, but it is definitely an adjustment.

I agree, definitely takes adjustments. I'll put a few hundred miles on them to see how I warm up to them.

Love my helis, once I put an angle finder on them to insure both bars were setup identical, all awkwardness went away. I had them adjusted all the way back And they just felt weird, I put the angle finder on them and they were 5 degrees off even tho they were resting in the stops. Made them even, and love them now, no longer does it fell so much different from the stock bars.

I'm still itching to buy some! I need all the comfort I can get with 2 fused discs in neck (C4/C5 & C5/C6) and still dealing with crap.. I just want to be on 2 wheels and don't care much about corners, I've contemplated selling the busa for something with a more upright position, but I just can't let go of riding the busa.....at least not yet.

The corners are doable once you start to warm up to the more upright seating position. I'm still not used to it hiking the front wheel up unexpectedly yet, though. I pulled out of a parking lot last night that I've pulled out of a dozen times before. Made a right turn at the intersection and accelerated down the street past the lot I pulled out of the same way I always did in the past. 1st, to 2nd to 3rd adding a little more throttle with each gear, but by no means hammering it. Maybe half throttle in 3rd after the shift from second. The street has a long, wide right hand turn to it. With the stock bars it never lifted the front tire. Last night it did as I shifted into 3rd. With the bike banked over a bit, the front tire was a few inches off the ground in 3rd. Again, I'm not a big guy, so for those over 200lbs this may not happen.

I'm still itching to buy some! I need all the comfort I can get with 2 fused discs in neck (C4/C5 & C5/C6) and still dealing with crap.. I just want to be on 2 wheels and don't care much about corners, I've contemplated selling the busa for something with a more upright position, but I just can't let go of riding the busa.....at least not yet.

If your bike is already stretched and you aren't concerned with getting through the twisties quickly, you owe it to yourself to try the Helibars. They do make a difference!

If your bike is already stretched and you aren't concerned with getting through the twisties quickly, you owe it to yourself to try the Helibars. They do make a difference!

With that comment, I just bit the bullet and made the purchase! Should be in my hands by mid next week! :) Thanks!

update Took them off, the higher bars made my bike do wheelies WAY to often. So I removed them and went with the stock bars which made the wheelies stop. I guess the higher bars kept me back on the bike moving the weight back, instead of forward like the stock bars did......will use them for long trips as their easy to install and remove.

update Took them off, the higher bars made my bike do wheelies WAY to often. So I removed them and went with the stock bars which made the wheelies stop. I guess the higher bars kept me back on the bike moving the weight back, instead of forward like the stock bars did......will use them for long trips as their easy to install and remove.

This is the exact same think that was happening to me. Any time I thought about using the throttle, the bike would wheelie.

I own and ride 2 CR500s. I think I have the throttle control thing down pretty good. If I didn't, I'd spend more time in the hospital than I would riding.

I have HeliBars, mine doesn't wheelie like that. Eat a cheeseburger.. :rofl:

Read enough positive reviews on Helibars here on the org that I went ahead and ordered me a pair today. The distance to the pegs is not a problem for me as I have an average inseam, but my short reach put pressure on my palms and wrists, especially on my right hand. If I rode long enough, I ended up with the usual sore wrists and palms as well as a tingling sensation in my right hand.

Hoping the more upright seating position helps this. Can't wait to get the bars on! :thumbsup:

Eddie,your hands buzz
,and palms get sore with the heli bars your going in the rite direction,it worked for me.Im fortunate to be able to own a 07w/stock bars and an 08w/helis i feel the differance on every ride ,that 3/4 rise makes the differance,enjoy.

:poke:Sounds like you guys might need to start looking into buying cruisers... Old age is creeping up on you... Harley perhaps?:whistle::rofl:

:poke:Sounds like you guys might need to start looking into buying cruisers... Old age is creeping up on you... Harley perhaps?:whistle::rofl:

You sound like my peers-they ask me if I'm a little old for a busa and I tell 'em I'll buy a Harley when I get old and wanna slow down(I'm 55). Seriously, the busa is a long bike with a far reach to the bars. I'm 6' with 34 1/2" sleeves and find the Helibar/Genmar 3/4" combo invaluable for traveling and even still find myself riding one hand alot(left rotator cuff injury). Oh, a 5" stretch takes care of the wheelie problem nicely and turns ya into the rolling burnout king. I'm doing my 2nd Iron Butt this Friday and this time attempting a Bun Burner Gold-1500 miles in under 24 hours. With the Helibar combo and ProGrip 719's, Throttlemeisters, Saddleman gel seat, Sato Drag rearsets, Suzuki sports touring windscreen, and a good sized Nelson Rigg tank bag to lay on I find it fairly easy to bite off mileage in 200+ mile chunks. But a Harley?!? C'mon, a '13 Connie with the 1441 in it maybe....

Back