Just picked up my Blue/black 2008

Sannosuke

Registered
Hey guys!

Just picked-up my 2008 Hayabusa last night! Wow, what a flipping ride!

Just noticed on my ride to work this morning that anything over 15 minutes and my hands (first the left followed by the right) start to ache, that tingling 'sleeping' sensation and by this time I'm really looking forward to the next set of lights to get them off the grips. Anyone else have this problem?

I've never had any injuries to either hand/wrist and been riding for 22 years with no problems on the other (85' V45 Magna) bike. Is this something I'll have to build up or... maybe I've got more immanent issues?

Was too busy going for short spurts to take any pics and besides, it looks just like the rest of the stock ones with the exception of a dark smoke wind screen. ;-)

-David

You are leaning on the bars. You need to hold your upper body up with your legs, stomach, and back. Congratulations on your new ride
beerchug.gif

Many thanks for the reply!

I was wondering if was *ahem* doing it properly. I'll be heading out in the next little bit and I'll try out your advise... stay tuned.

-David

You are leaning on the bars. You need to hold your upper body up with your legs, stomach, and back. Congratulations on your new ride
beerchug.gif
+1
This was happening to me too but doesn't seem so bad anymore. I not sure if I have just tuffened up or if I am taking the weight off my hands and wrists by holding my upper body up a little. Heli bars might improve this too.

You are leaning on the bars.  You need to hold your upper body up with your legs, stomach, and back.  Congratulations on your new ride  
beerchug.gif
What he said. After a while, it will become habit to support yourself with your leggs, tummy and back.

peace.gif
and Congrats.
yup. I lean on my arms on purpose sometimes just for a little upper body exercise. Squeeze the tank with your knees.

congrats on the new ride
ThumbsUp.gif

riding in town is the worst for sore wrists, you dont get much speed up so alot of pressure is on your wrists, when you get out on the highway the wind will kinda support your body and take alot of the pressure of your wrists, i have carpel tunnel and this bike dont bother my wrists to much.. also if your not use to that riding posistion it will take a while for you to get use to it and like someone stated heli bars are great for sitting you more upright and alot less pressure on your wrists..... congrats on your new bike!!!! post some pics up soon ok!!

Yeah, definetly get sore wrists with this bike. I tried Helibars and even they didn't help that much. When I tried holding with legs and back, the I get sore legs and sore back/neck. Busa not made for comfort, thats for sure.

Sann
Is this the only circumstance where your wrist's feel like this? If the remedies mentioned above do not fix the problem then next time you go to your Dr. you might want him to check for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , this sounds like a classic case of it.

I had sore hands on my '02 an fixed it with Helibars. After I wrecked it, I decided against putting them on again due to cost and also, I was doing more riding in the twisties and wanted the lean forward feel. Never had any problem after that. I think your body muscles adapt to fit.

Bend those elbows, lean forward a bit more. You must be riding straight armed and all your upper body weight is going through your hands.

Welcome aboard.

Jza

welcome.gif
to the board. I have found that as long as I keep my elbows bent even slightly, no problems. Relax, the pain will leave and you'll be amazed at how much better your bike handles too.
ThumbsUp.gif

Okay, been a few days since I posted and since then I've been able to get some riding (damn! I love this bike!) so here's the prognosis;

I was totally doing it wrong and I'm in bad shape physically, gonna have to work on these back and leg muscles for sure!

So now that I've heeded your guy's advise (use the back and legs with the knee's pressed against the tank, bending my elbows in etc.) my rides are going so much more smoothly now, no sleepy hands (well, except when I forget but right after it's back to using proper riding form and the sore sensation dissipates) and no more pain after 15 minutes riding.

Almost (this'll get some tongues wagging!) thought of checking out a ZX-14 due to the discomfort I was experiencing but alas, that thought is now gone! ;-)

So guy's, many thanks for the advise and because of it I'm enjoying this bike more so!

Here's a pic of the bike in the garage just after I was caught in a rain storm. Not that you can tell from the pic but I've since taken off those ungodly orange/white riding for dummies stickers from the tank and fairing cowling and put on a simple tank pad.

Every time I go for a chew this bike just responds so much better then previous rides... I love this bike! ;-)

2008_Hayabusa.JPG

Still can't find my real camera so for now I'm left with is the one on the phone. The bikes dirty but here's a photo from today;

dsc00056.jpg

Okay, this one is for shits'n giggles! ;-) Last one, I promise!

Btw, how do you get multiple pics on one post so I needn't waste valuable space doing all these onesy/twosy postings?

dsc00059.jpg

Back