Just ordered Helibars for the Busa

:poke:Sounds like you guys might need to start looking into buying cruisers... Old age is creeping up on you... Harley perhaps?:whistle::rofl:

As long as I'm able to climb over the roll cage in my 8 second race car and throw a leg over my Busa, I will continue to do so, regardless of age. :yes:

So the Heli bars make your bike wheelie better??
And all this time I thought it was my header and pipe, My Power commander V and my 2 up on the rear????????? and the ECM flashed by Storz
generalbikes051.jpg

I installed my 2 weeks ago, with all the rain I haven't had a chance to try them out yet though. Installation was straight forward, but I do know that installing them in an aftermarket triple they definitely hit the dash lock-to-lock. :( Only bid downside I see with that is turning the bike around in my living room make take a few more turns than normal, but if they end up being that much more comfortable then it'll be worth it.

I finally took mine out for a ride, huge difference compared to stock. Sucked big time turning the bike around when I had to, more so because you got to be careful when turning. While riding, occurred to me I could rotate them towards me for a little more comfort so I did that the other day, but have yet to ride. I'm just wondering what is the ideal rotation of them? Mine still hit the dash which sucks, but seems I may have gotten a little extra turning ability now... All in all, still worth it for the added comfort.

Anyone got a picture of theirs installed, as if riding the bike?

On a side note, I can now fit my black anodized billet levers on the bike finally. They'd hit dash before, but now clear it nicely! They feel a lot better for braking, burn outs are nice and easy now. :) Not sure if I like the looks of the anodized, think I like the powder coated stock levers more.

Rotated mine 2 weeks ago and finally had a chance to ride it to work. Holy crap, it's unreal. I got to work with no numb throttle hand and comfort for neck is out of this world. I'd never have guess, these things are worth 2x as much IMO!

So as you might have seen in an earlier thread, I'm in the same boat..I'm actually going to go test ride a BMW K1600GT tomorrow to see how that fits. I'm torn between spending more money that MAY fix the problem or get a bike where I know it won't be a problem.

So as you might have seen in an earlier thread, I'm in the same boat..I'm actually going to go test ride a BMW K1600GT tomorrow to see how that fits. I'm torn between spending more money that MAY fix the problem or get a bike where I know it won't be a problem.

Helibars won't fix the problem, it's a sport bike and riding position is part of it. If you're curious to how the difference between stock bars and helibars feels.. To me the difference between helibars and stock bars is like the comfort difference between a 600 and the busa. I'm 100% happy with riding position now and still get to enjoy the "cool" factor of owning a sportbike. :)

Back