Just took my new Busa out for a 200 mile jaunt! Observations and Questions.

All i can find for this style is the 1"

Yours are 3/4", think that extra 1/4" will matter (for cables sake)?

Thanks

The cables will reach the extra .25", but I think the clutch and brake mastercylinders will hit the inner windsheild with the heli-bars at full lock.
As said, another member claims to have the 1" and bars, I'll see if I can find the thread and who it was.
I wouldn't want to guess or tell you something I personally was unsure of.
Even though my spacers are homemade, they are mass produced also...I just need to find where I've seen them:laugh:

Just a note : The more you ride this bike the better you'll do with the hands and legs.

Very true!

I started and stopped my comfort mod list with buell pegs.

Freaking awesome. Rode from el paso texas to san diego and back...

Where in SD? I'm in fallbrook for now. Lease is up looking into vista or oceanside next!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Take the Rubber of the Pegs.........Gives you about an Inch of Extra Leg room. I Eventuly got the Buell Peg Mod, Risers, and Custom Seat.

Robert

200 miles and changing up already? Nah just poking fun at you boss. We did a 3520 mile 10 day trip before making the "list" and I can honestly say that an ST screen, bar risers, and seats will be all we buy.

We hopped off every 100 miles or so as my butt would get sore and having an ST screen would push the air just high enough to clear my head and the bar risers will hopefully change the ergo's just enough when added with seats will make our Busa (Fionna) perfect.

Cheers - Todd

Your legs and wrists hurt because you haven't built up the muscles needed for the riding position of the Busa. You are putting too much pressure on the bars. You should be holding you body up with your legs and core muscles, not your arms.

If you can,try to get some miles under your belt before you go spending money,i wish i would of,certain items i could of done without

I had the same problem. 1st really cheap fix was grip puppies, and then new image seat, I didn't do the buell peg mod yet because I'm really comfy now. one day i will try them though. grip puppies only around 12 bucks. are your hands getting numb from the vibrations? the new image seat changes your ridding position and drops you in the bike 1 1/2 to 2 inches, sounds strange but it helps even if your tall

IMG_0142.jpg

3n93o33p95Z25U05R3abt7d62558433ba1ad6.jpg

Thanks, Just PMed him

Did he happen to mention if he had any issues with the 1 inch riser? That is all I have left to get to help my comfort, I have all the other mods done, however the 3/4 riser is hard to find for the soupey style, I emailed them a while back and they do not offer 3/4. The only option I have seen is the genmar which is about $140 or so, or make custom ones. I also have grip puppies, but mine have started to fall apart after a year and half.

200 miles and changing up already? Nah just poking fun at you boss. We did a 3520 mile 10 day trip before making the "list" and I can honestly say that an ST screen, bar risers, and seats will be all we buy.

We hopped off every 100 miles or so as my butt would get sore and having an ST screen would push the air just high enough to clear my head and the bar risers will hopefully change the ergo's just enough when added with seats will make our Busa (Fionna) perfect.

Cheers - Todd

Actually, you are better having the wind hit you in the chest. The air pressure helps hold you up so you don't fatigue as quickly, and helmets are designed to run in clear air so you could get buffeting behind the screen.

I have helibars on my 2009 Hayabusa. I ordered the 1" risers off ebay. Enough clearance for wiring, etc. but with 1" risers + helibars, the brake master cylinder doesn't clear windshield.

GRIPES: hands numb and legs sore after 100miles or so.

Kevin - 'hands numb' is a fancy way to say you need a set of Thottlemeisters.

Super-popular with members here, I've been using the same set on the Busa going on 8 years now. They pay for themselves 10-fold.

We have a silver base model (FH & AZ3) in stock I'll make ya a deal on. Normally don't stock these.

Running around doing 1000 mile weekends with no sore hands - these are the magic secret. ;)

http://www.pashnit.com/product/throttlemeister.html

Dsc03645_throttlemeister.jpg
(heavies pictured)

Dsc03645_throttlemeister.jpg

Last edited:
Back