1000 Mile Observations

ibified

Registered
Well I finally passed 1000 miles last night. After 1000 miles, I still find myself NOT missing my VTX, which sits sad and lonely in the garage. Anyway, my observations havent changed much since the beginning, but here they are anyway.

The Positives

1) JESUS this thing is fast.

2) Wheelies are a lot easier to do on accident than I thought they would be.

3) This bike is still amazingly comfortable even with a passenger on a longer ride.

4) You get lots of "thumbs ups" from the cagers, other bikers, and even a few harley riders.

5) I'm still trying to figure out how folks think this bike doesn't corner well.

6) It's amazing how quiet this bike is for all the power it's making. even full throttle, it's about as loud as my VTX is at idle.

7) did i mention that JESUS this thing is fast?

Now the negatives:

1) my yard needs to be mowed

2) my house needs to be cleaned

3) ive put about 100 miles on my car since the beginning of april

4) I don't get to talk to my friends online much anymore.

Thats it, pretty much. MAN am I glad i bought this bike.

laugh.gif

Amen to number 3 on the pro's list.  Hard to believe something this fast can be so comfortable.

and as far as number 4 goes:  the Hayabusa is the only sportbike made that most Harley riders have heard of.

I can relate to the household chores that no longer get done now that riding season is back in full swing.  My gutters have needed cleaning out for two weeks.

Dude, you nailed with that list. Same way for me except #3 I'm not allowed to ride anyone, my wife said so and she don't ride...
biggrin.gif

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then. My wife's attitude is this: she gets first priority on the backseat when she wants to ride, but when she doesn't, im free to have whoever I want on the back of the bike.

My wife doesn't ride at all. However, she encourages me to ride as much as possible...................

especially since she has increased my Life insurance policy.
laugh.gif

Mine Just turned 20K and the only thing I can add is;

8) Jesus this thing is fast

Oh ya,

9) Almost forgot, Dependable and Friggin Fun!

bowdown.gif

I'm at 900 miles. I have been careful about staying in line with the break in limits. I can't wait till I can rev her to 10000rpm!

I have got 500 miles on Evelyn so far and I have ridden her like I stole her from 5 minutes after I took delivery of her. Break in be damned! #5 hit the mark, I adjusted my suspension according to JINKSTER's suggestions and this thing handles great. I have no trouble at all keeping up with my riding buddies throught the twisties and on every corner exit I try to leave them a nice big darkie to remind them just what they are following!
crazy.gif
That is about how my face feels from the low gear full throttle acceleration!

Back