First Ride on my baby

ibified

Registered
Well we finally had a brief break in winter today - it got up to about 55 degrees here. i FINALLY got some riding in and got my odometer off of zero.

My impressions:

1) JESUS this bike has some power - doesnt matter what gear, RPM, etc, it just goes.

2) Oddly enough, the bike is MUCH more predictable than I expected it to be. Not that it's going to make me relax - I still have a healthy respect for the bike and don't plan on letting that go.

3) I was initially concerned about the riding position (because I'm 6'2") but was pleasently surprised at how intuitive the seating became after 20 minutes or so. At first, I had a bit of trouble getting my long legs and bigass size 13 feet up on the pegs, but now it's like 2nd nature already.

4) I think I would have made the folks here proud - I managed an average fuel mileage of 29.7.
laugh.gif

All in all, I think I'm gonna miss my VTX a lot less than I thought I would. After 4+ hrs on the bike today, I really can't think of much I liked more about my VTX.

How many miles did you put on it?! In 4 hours, I would have expected you to get to your 600 mile maintenance, especially with that mileage!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

I did my best. =) I was somewhat gentle though, seeing as she's still under 200 miles, I never took her a tick over 130.

Wag,

I wasnt riding constantly the entire 4 hours. we made a few stops...ate, got gas, etc. I wish it showed average speed as well as average MPG. I'd say most of the riding was at 80+ though.

(ibified @ Mar. 09 2007,22:09) Well we finally had a brief break in winter today - it got up to about 55 degrees here. i FINALLY got some riding in and got my odometer off of zero.

My impressions:

1) JESUS this bike has some power - doesnt matter what gear, RPM, etc, it just goes.

2) Oddly enough, the bike is MUCH more predictable than I expected it to be. Not that it's going to make me relax - I still have a healthy respect for the bike and don't plan on letting that go.

3) I was initially concerned about the riding position (because I'm 6'2") but was pleasently surprised at how intuitive the seating became after 20 minutes or so. At first, I had a bit of trouble getting my long legs and bigass size 13 feet up on the pegs, but now it's like 2nd nature already.

4) I think I would have made the folks here proud - I managed an average fuel mileage of 29.7.
laugh.gif

All in all, I think I'm gonna miss my VTX a lot less than I thought I would. After 4+ hrs on the bike today, I really can't think of much I liked more about my VTX.
SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(ibified @ Mar. 09 2007,22:16) Wag,

I wasnt riding constantly the entire 4 hours. we made a few stops...ate, got gas, etc. I wish it showed average speed as well as average MPG. I'd say most of the riding was at 80+ though.
That's what the GPS mod you're about to do, will do for ya, as well as max speed
laugh.gif

I'm about to do the GPS mod?

SWEET!

Guess I need to go look for how, exactly, to do that...

Lost a post somehow, anyway went sorta like this:

ibified, somethings not adding up. I get 50+ MPG when crusing at 70 MPH, and 48.7 at 80 MPH. Come on dude you rode it like you stole it. Come on fess up.

There's a spare power connector in the nose that's fused. Use it if you plan on using the Busa battery to power it. Brown and white wire I think. 29.7 MPG, I don't think I've ever seen that
SHOCKED.gif

Well, I had never reset it, and I had warmed it up a couple times hoping to go riding. Maybe that's part of it. Hopefully there's no issue with the bike.

Actually, I think i MAY Have gotten it over 9 a time or two.  I wasn't really concentrating on the dash at the time though....

Plus, a lot of the roads we were riding were twisties, and there was a lot of stop and go involved because of all those pesky stop signs and redlights.

(ibified @ Mar. 09 2007,22:30) Well, I had never reset it, and I had warmed it up a couple times hoping to go riding. Maybe that's part of it. Hopefully there's no issue with the bike.
Oh that's a good one.
laugh.gif

I'd keep it below 4K the first 600 to let the rings seat, but that's just my opinion.

It's your bike have fun and be safe.
wink.gif

(ibified @ Mar. 09 2007,22:32) Actually, I think i MAY Have gotten it over 9 a time or two. I wasn't really concentrating on the dash at the time though....

Plus, a lot of the roads we were riding were twisties, and there was a lot of stop and go involved because of all those pesky stop signs and redlights.
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back