Ran with an 05 GSXR1000

j1mmyj4m

Registered
This past saturday I was coming back from the Lone Star Rally that was in Galveston. There was a 1000 a few lanes over that wanted to play. I figured I just paid off my 95 in a 65 on my VTX so....sure, why not.

We made a few runs from 70 to 170...40 to 150...and a few others along the same lines. I have to say I have a lot of respect for that 1000 afterwards. After 150 I always seemed to pull away, but up to that point it was pretty much dead even. It looked like top end is where we shine vs the 1000's. I assume due to torque and the aerodynamics.

I know two people blazing down the freeway isn't the definitive of how a bike runs, but it was pretty fun and I don't plan to doubt them in the future...not that I really doubted them much anyway.

Sounds like you had lots of fun!!
biggrin.gif

Think Compression has anything to do with it? I like the fact that we can run 87 octane but I, for one, wish that Suzuki upped the compression.

<!--EDIT|Jimmy4765
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131498002 -->

Man I got raped by an 04 thousand. He geared for the strip and lowered. We did a roll on from second. I didnt stand a chace. I have about 200 lbs more then he does. That includes the bike and rider. He ran away from me. Respect given to the liters.

Think Compression has anything to do with it? I like the fact that we can run 87 octane but I, for one, wish that Suzuki upped the compression.
JE makes 14.1 stock bore Hayabusa pistons but I would think the rods would also need to be replaced and heavier clutch springs.

I don't know how much Horse Power You would gain from the 14.1 but if you find anything on the net gimmi a URL

I ran 87 octane my first few tanks but after the 3rd one my bike started knocking...so i put 92 in and havent heard anything since...then again...i buy my gas on base (military) and we usually get cheap gas so my 87 may not be as good as say cheveron 87....

yeah dude the '06 gsxr1000 looks sweet, but i'm 6'2 230...feels like i'm on a toy compared to the bus'

Havent had much of a chance to play with any 1k's , my friends 04 R1 i know feels ALOT quicker than my hayabusa does. May just be the size of the bike that makes it feel faster but we have had more than a few talks of a 3:00am run up I-10
biggrin.gif
so far he hasnt accepted lol... The intimidation factor of a hayabusa is almost magical.. Keeps you from getting in trouble from running it everytime it tells you to

This past saturday I was coming back from the Lone Star Rally that was in Galveston.  There was a 1000 a few lanes over that wanted to play.  I figured I just paid off my 95 in a 65 on my VTX so....sure, why not.

We made a few runs from 70 to 170...40 to 150...and a few others along the same lines.  I have to say I have a lot of respect for that 1000 afterwards.  After 150 I always seemed to pull away, but up to that point it was pretty much dead even.  It looked like top end is where we shine vs the 1000's.  I assume due to torque and the aerodynamics.

I know two people blazing down the freeway isn't the definitive of how a bike runs, but it was pretty fun and I don't plan to doubt them in the future...not that I really doubted them much anyway.
I've played around with a few Busas on my K5... all things being equal, it usually comes out on top to around 160mph or so... maybe a little more.

They are freakin fast... you can't outrun technology!
blues.gif

Back