Curious:Busa/GSXR1000 Rims

cerebusa

Registered
A friend of mine builds Busa race engines and he was telling me (I need a rear wheel, Mine was killed when the girl hit me) that he had some. Seems the racer X guys he builds engines for are all going to the 1000 rears (possibly fronts too) for the lighter wheels. This was news to me, anyone else heard of this?? Mike ???

Early K series wheels are a lot lighter. A K2 6 inch rear with sprocket carrier, renthal alloy sprocket, bearings and a Pirelli Diablo rubber, weighs almost the same as a bare SRAD/TL/Busa wheel without bearings fitted.

Forgot to add, the hub spacing between the discs are also different between Busa wheels and K1/4 thou' wheels, but the K1/2 320mm discs are the same as Busa/TL/SRAD Whereas the later K series use 310mm discs which aren't interchangeable with the earlier wheels. Rear discs are interchangeable between the 220mm and 240mm as fitted to the bikes.

Hope this helps :beerchug:

Early K series wheels are a lot lighter. A K2 6 inch rear with sprocket carrier, renthal alloy sprocket, bearings and a Pirelli Diablo rubber, weighs almost the same as a bare SRAD/TL/Busa wheel without bearings fitted.

Forgot to add, the hub spacing between the discs are also different between Busa wheels and K1/4 thou' wheels, but the K1/2 320mm discs are the same as Busa/TL/SRAD Whereas the later K series use 310mm discs which aren't interchangeable with the earlier wheels. Rear discs are interchangeable between the 220mm and 240mm as fitted to the bikes.

Hope this helps :beerchug:

01-04 1k wheels are interchangable

I have 02, 04 and 06 gsxr 1k wheels on hand if I need to defend this statement. I also have gen1 busa wheels on hand FYI.

If you tell me what type of scale you wish used, I can weigh them. The difference between them will be grams.

GSXR 1k

03 the rotors changed because the brakes/forks went radial, 05 the rotors changed again.

01-04 wheels will fit on a busa. Spacer kits are sold online.

05+ wheels, you can fit the back but you either need custom rotors for the front or a front end swap to make the front fit.

Back