Hayabusa Vs. GSXR1000

ladies man

Registered
O.K. I'm new here, but not a new rider. Like probably a lot of you, I grew up on dirt bikes, and graduated to street bikes. My last bike was an R1 which I sold in Cycle Trader ( same day, man!) earlier this year. I am torn between the Hayabusa, and the 1000. The 1000 is in my opinion a much sexier looking bike, and obviously lighter. But I'm six feet and 240lbs, so I am unsure about the comfort issue with the 1000, even with a corbin seat. Is there anyone out there my size or larger enjoying a 1000, and where do these to beast stand on performance top end wise. I've seen Busas take 1000's, but they needed half the highway to do it, which is more room than is usually available to me. Also , who has the best out the door price on either. The best I've seen is $10,500 on the 1000 and $11,200 on the Busa, tax ,tag, title and all.Atleast in Atlanta.

2006 gsxr 1000 all the way. i like the busa, but i would stick with a gsxr, the hayabusa is 7 years old(unchanged) and soon the kawi is going to be out.
wink.gif

It depends on you, so you gotta try the fit and maybe even ride both. BUT I think you'd do good on the Busa. The Gsxr might be a little quicker in the 1/4 but thats about it. The torque of the Busa will haul you along fine. And if you are worrying about Busa VS Gsxr, Gear the Busa the same as the gsxr and see what happens.

I've seen Busas take 1000's, but they needed half the highway to do it,
I realize Atlanta has some pretty W I D E highways, but it Really took half?
smile.gif
All joking aside welcome to the site! You will have good and bad with either choice. So, you need to decide "Why" your interested in the sport of motorcycling and then decided which better soots your needs. 1K light, quick, agile, agressively buzzy, not the best choice for an all day ride (IMOP). But, king of the corners/twisty's (with a skilled rider). Busa, king of the street bar none (This will always depend on the riders skills), not as gracefull as its sister the 1k in the twisty's. Very stable at any speed! Great for the long haul. Heavy bike! More possibilities than the 1k for all out performance......

I like the gixxer, but at 6'2" I don't fit on it too well. When I'm tucked in I feel like my chin is gonna reach over and touch the front wheel.

Go with the Busa. All the power you'll ever want, all the throw-about-ability you'll want (unless you're a complete pro, or have suicidal tendencies), all the comfort you'll ever want, on top of this you'll have the added benefit of hanging around with a great bunch from hayabusa.org

Oh, and welcome!!

I enjoy my busa but I LOVE my gixxer K6. I am 6'4" and fit just fine. Actually, I think the gixxer is more comfy and less tiring to ride than the busa. My busa collects dust in the garage except for long trips or riding two up. I spend lots of time on one tire, front or back and the gixxer is a prized posession when it comes to play time. If you aren't into the fun stuff, the busa is a great ride. Maybe the best all around ride (does most everything well) fast, handles great, better than most riding two up as well as many other wonderful features. The biggest down side is the brakes, they suck bad. But money will fix that. If you can find a dealer that will let you demo both the bikes, you would then be able to make the right choice.

Welcome!

I tried the 5k and sat on the 6K Gixxer, I'm 6', 175 Lbs. The pegs are much higher up, and it feels like your knees are up in your chin... Not to mention that I was very uncomfortable after sitting on it for just a short time. If all you want to do is ride aggressively and hit the twisties constantly (1-2 hrs at a time) then the gixxer will be the weapon of choice for you.

If you like the power, a slight handling cut-back in the twisties, but comfortable seating and riding position you can handle for the whole day, (same goes for your chick riding B!tch) then you would be better off getting the busa
smile.gif

There both completely different bikes.

If your looking for Extreme High-end Speed and comfort Hayabusa wins
If you like to play around and race stop light to stop light and twistys GSXR1000 wins

I have past the new 2005 1000s on the Xway may times but only going 130mph+ youll start to pull away from them. If you have alot of road and you can go 180+ non stop then hands down for the Busa

I actually rode my friends K5 4 days ago and I can seriously say that I feel much more comfy on the 1000 than the busa. The Busa is smooth but I get lower back aches after 150 miles. Nothing major and I can ride another 300 miles but on the 1000, it's definitely higher up but the ergos fit my frame better. I can tuck much more easily under the windscreen. I'm 6'0, 230lbs. Maybe I'll look into the bar risers or new rearsets for the busa. Anyhoo, if you have the opportunity to test ride both of them, by all means do so. Sitting on it in the showroom floor is one thing but actually taking is out and feeling them out is a whole different story.

BTW-the K5 (and I'm sure the K6) is a BEAST!! Imagine a Busa motor+3 more ponies in a 100lb ligher motorcycle and narrower frame. DEADLY!! But the torque isn't nearly as impressive on the Gixx.

I have both a k5 and a busa. I am 5"11" 190lbs. the busa feels a little less aggessive but the longr wheelbase makes it feel more stable. Not in turns but going straight. The busa is an icon. You feel different when you ride one. It is the mother of all bikes regardless when the kawasaki comes out or whether the 1000's have more horsepower. This has been the bike and in my opinion will continue to garnish top honors and a cult following. All these other bikes haev numbers for names we have Hayabusa's!

I have both a k5 and a busa. I am 5"11" 190lbs. the busa feels a little less aggessive but the longr wheelbase makes it feel more stable. Not in turns but going straight. The busa is an icon. You feel different when you ride one. It is the mother of all bikes regardless when the kawasaki comes out or whether the 1000's have more horsepower. This has been the bike and in my opinion will continue to garnish top honors and a cult following. All these other bikes haev numbers for names we have Hayabusa's!
There is some serious truth to that. Well put.

The Hayabusa and Gixxer 1K are way different bikes.

I could sit here all day and decribe the 2 bikes but in the end its those intangibles that make you love a bike ...you pretty much gotta go try and take each for a test ride and decide for yourself.

"soon the kawi is going to be out. " The number of people on this board that care about this can prolly be counted on one hand.:;):

I care. Even though I know for a fact I wont be getting one I still want to go see one, sit on it , hear it run and maybe even get to test ride one.
cool.gif

Nobody in their right mind would buy the ZX-14 if they knew what Suzuki is all about.......id akin Kawis release of the 14 kind like Japan
attacking Pearl Harbor.
In the words of the Jap general Yamamoto after they had attacked "We have woken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

I've riden a k5 gsxr1k and couldn't stand the way it felt. Great power and all, however, I just didn't fit very well. I'm 6'2/200lbs. At my skill level, the GSXR's abilities would be wasted anyway. I'm not a pro, but can keep up with my friends on their GSXRs in the twisties. I suggest Busa.

Last I checked this was Hayabusa.org?

I'd say Hayabusa at 240lbs this is your bike. Ride both when you pick the Busa post us a pic.

Well, my .o2 worth: I'm really happy with my K6. 6'-220, comfort is not too bad, but I don't get even close to fitting behind the screen. I commute on mine most every day. Now for the truth: I'm waiting for the updated busa. I can't really find anything bad to say about my gixer, but I have been spoiled on a busa since 2000. Guess it depends on what is right for you.

Back