Hayabusa vs. GSXR 1000

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 18 2007,15:25) Full System 4 into 1 and Power Commander alone will put you in front of your Brothers 1000 Always.........Except 6th gear roll ons.
HAHAHA ... NOT!!!!

You better not be placing any money on those races. The NEW '07 Gixxer is a whole diff animal. It will walk all over last years liter bikes.

I LOVE my Busa... but I'm not going to live in denial just because I have one.

MY K5 GSXR1000 Was Fast & My Bud and I did all these same test like in this post.................Same weight people mine stock the busa just Pipe HMF Dual & PCIII usb................Busa equal until 120 then the Busa started putting some bike lengths on me about 3 at my indicated 165.............
lurk.gif

The new liter bikes are very strong on paper. I've heard the Busa still has top end, no experience to back that up though.

Ya want mo power?cams and a good port job on the head,that's where power is made.Have to have a good exhaust.Anywhere you look in the racing world,THE HEADS must flow.There's always more power in any engine with good porting.Turbo,if ya go to far,you will loose reliability.

If an experienced dragracer was on your busa from a dead stop he would have pulled the gixxer and the gixxer would have never caught up.... hence, the busa is a faster bike from point a to point b. In a straight line of course.

I have played with 05 CBR 1000's R1's and GSXR 1K's and have been top dog 90%. But Alot of the time I was only in front by a 1/2 bike maybee 1 bike until we got above 130. then I could start to slowly squeeze distance out. (My bike was bone stock at the time). Personaly I would not be running my mouth to any 1K 05 and up but especialy not the 07 GSXR. That is one bad machine. But I love my Busa.

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 18 2007,18:20) MY K5 GSXR1000 Was Fast & My Bud and I did all these same test like in this post.................Same weight people mine stock the busa just Pipe HMF Dual & PCIII usb................Busa equal until 120 then the Busa started putting some bike lengths on me about 3 at my indicated 165.............
lurk.gif
shows the HMF systems are better than those yosh ones!
jump9.gif

That's always been it for me:

did I want a bike that is blazingly fast and fun to ride
or
did I want a bike that is blazingly fast, fun to ride AND comfortable enough to ride for hours and hours?

I'll take door number two, Bob!

(WWJD @ Jun. 19 2007,06:18) That's always been it for me:  

did I want a bike that is blazingly fast and fun to ride
or
did I want a bike that is blazingly fast, fun to ride AND comfortable enough to ride for hours and hours?

I'll take door number two, Bob!
+1
beerchug.gif

(tlrbandit @ Jun. 18 2007,20:18) Well, my brother and I finally got the chance to run our bikes against each other.  I have a stock 2006 Hayabusa and he has a stock 2007 GSXR 1000.  We rode a 375 mile loop Saturday and had several opportunities to do 2nd, 3rd and 6th gear roll ons.  Both bikes have the same mileage and maintenance done.

2nd gear roll on - both bikes stayed even until the Hayabusa was just under 10,000 rpm.  Just when I thought I was going to pull past him, the GSXR 1000 pulled the Busa 1 bike length.  Get this though, I had to shift to 3rd (which lost 1/2 a bike length).  The run through 3rd had the GSXR pull me another bike length.

3rd gear roll on - same as above - both bikes dead even until about 10000 rpm and then the GSXR 1000 pulls ahead.

6th gear roll on from 80 mph.  GSXR 1000 pulled the Busa immediately.  Wasn't even a race.

Dragrace from a dead stop through 4 gears.  Just because it is easier to launch, the Busa kicked a$$.  We switched bikes several times and made several runs for each race with the same result each time.

The main difference between these bikes - at the 200 mile mark my buddy told me "I've had enough, I'm riding your Busa the rest of the way".  And he did, he took my bike and rode it the next 150 miles because he was so uncomfortable on his GSXR 1000.  When we got home all he could say was how he couldn't believe what an incredible motorcycle the Busa was.  
smile.gif

With that being said, I need more power.  I cannot allow the Busa to be slower than the GSXR 1000.  How does changing the exhaust cam affect power and power delivery on the Busa?
All you need is a Tsukigi pipe, one of HPC's air filters, and power commander with a map. Maybe a TRE too. Call Greg at HPC. He'll have you in Hyperdrive in no time.

P.

(Postal @ Jun. 19 2007,09:34)
(tlrbandit @ Jun. 18 2007,20:18) Well, my brother and I finally got the chance to run our bikes against each other.  I have a stock 2006 Hayabusa and he has a stock 2007 GSXR 1000.  We rode a 375 mile loop Saturday and had several opportunities to do 2nd, 3rd and 6th gear roll ons.  Both bikes have the same mileage and maintenance done.

2nd gear roll on - both bikes stayed even until the Hayabusa was just under 10,000 rpm.  Just when I thought I was going to pull past him, the GSXR 1000 pulled the Busa 1 bike length.  Get this though, I had to shift to 3rd (which lost 1/2 a bike length).  The run through 3rd had the GSXR pull me another bike length.

3rd gear roll on - same as above - both bikes dead even until about 10000 rpm and then the GSXR 1000 pulls ahead.

6th gear roll on from 80 mph.  GSXR 1000 pulled the Busa immediately.  Wasn't even a race.

Dragrace from a dead stop through 4 gears.  Just because it is easier to launch, the Busa kicked a$$.  We switched bikes several times and made several runs for each race with the same result each time.

The main difference between these bikes - at the 200 mile mark my buddy told me "I've had enough, I'm riding your Busa the rest of the way".  And he did, he took my bike and rode it the next 150 miles because he was so uncomfortable on his GSXR 1000.  When we got home all he could say was how he couldn't believe what an incredible motorcycle the Busa was.  
smile.gif

With that being said, I need more power.  I cannot allow the Busa to be slower than the GSXR 1000.  How does changing the exhaust cam affect power and power delivery on the Busa?
All you need is a Tsukigi pipe, one of HPC's air filters, and power commander with a map. Maybe a TRE too. Call Greg at HPC. He'll have you in Hyperdrive in no time.

P.
That will wake her up
super.gif

In each dragrace from a dead stop I pulled the GSXR 1000 about 8 bike lengths at the top of 4th. According to my brother at that point I wasn't pulling away anymore. The biggest issue is with the Busa you can launch it quite a bit harder than the GSXR. Several races I actually gave him the go and still pulled around him. We switched bikes and ended with the same result. On the GSXR 1000 everything happens a lot quicker though. If we could keep the front end down it would be a different story.

BTW, both bikes dynoed at 158 horsepower yesterday.

(tlrbandit @ Jun. 18 2007,13:18) Well, my brother and I finally got the chance to run our bikes against each other.  I have a stock 2006 Hayabusa and he has a stock 2007 GSXR 1000.  We rode a 375 mile loop Saturday and had several opportunities to do 2nd, 3rd and 6th gear roll ons.  Both bikes have the same mileage and maintenance done.

smile.gif

Just sold my STOCK 05 busa and finally had enough miles on the new STOCK Gixxer K7 yesterday and took her up to 10,000RPM in second, then in third gear. Seat of the pants (which isn't worth much) had me thinking the same thing................my gixxer felt quicker and stronger and more nimble than the busa. Took a ride with friends in the mountains and yes, I was a bit sore after over 200 miles of mostly twisties, but not that much more than a day in the busa saddle. If the wife would have let me, I'd of kept the busa and had the best of both worlds.

You could even turn this into a financial decision.  
laugh.gif

New GSXR1000= ~$12,000+ OTD

Clean Used Hayabusa= ~$8000
Pipe + PC=                   ~$1000
Carpenter Head=           ~$3300
---------------------------------
Total=                          ~$12,300

A 210 RWHP Hayabusa packing 20+ lbs less than stock.

Makes perfect sense to me!  
beerchug.gif

I'm goin 1397 this winter I think.... Gotta stick it to the 14's and 1000K7s all in one fell swoop.
smile.gif

(Spectre @ Jun. 18 2007,16:49) I akin the Busa to a 60's muscle car. Big car, big engine, comfortable ride. Liter bikes are more like the early 70's muscle car. Smaller car, small block engine, lighter in weight, dang quick.

I don't have the numbers (someone else probably will), but a liter bike is almost 140lbs lighter and right at the same hp. It's a shorter bike so it typically has an advantage in corners and it's less weight really works to a great hp/weight ratio.

I love the fact that my busa is a bit heavier because it feels much more stable at high speed and distance riding is more smooth from the longer wheel base.

Sure with a full exhaust, remapping, and maybe changing your gear ratios you could give him something to think about... until he does the same. plus it's probably cheaper than installing a turbo.

It's almost apples to oranges in my opinion. make them the same weight and length and see who wins then.
Great analogy. It is apples to oranges. Two different bikes.....

guns.gif
If I remember correctly, I have seen a power vs. rpm graph and there is a drop off in power in higher rpm's. So, shouldn't we be shifting at the optimal rpm's, say around 9000? Maybe this will help burn the gsxr in all scenarios.
guns.gif

guns.gif

It won't help simply because the two bikes are accellerating at the same pace through the gears until the higher rpm's. If the Busa shifted first early the rpm will drop below power and torque peak just as the GSXR is coming up on it's power and torque peak. One major difference is that the GSXR is running 1500 rpm more at any given speed in any given gear. Changing the gearing on the Busa would probably even things up, but the GSXR will still be holding on to each gear a little longer while still accelerating at the same pace. Bottom line, to equal acceleration numbers up the Busa is going to need some more power. I'm thinking the pipe, pc and intake cam with a little dyno tuning time and two teeth added to the rear sprocket should be enough to outrun the GSXR while still being a more comfortable ride over a long ride without affecting day to day rideablity.

Somebody correct me if I am off base. My biggest concern is that changing the exhaust cam might change the delivery of the Busa power to where it loses some of the low end. When riding double I really like having the abiltiy to run a higher gear and just let the torque pull us around. Your thoughts?

Back