99-07 Busa Vs GSXR 1000

It all depends on what kind of race you do to be honest, I just did a race like this about 5 days ago. Me and three other bikes did a roll on race from 40mph (I have a 02 busa with slip on cans, basically stock) against a 05 gsxr 1000 all stock, a 08 gsxr 1000 slip on cans, and a 05 zx10r with -1, +2 gearing, full exhaust and power commander. the two gsxrs and I had garmin gps's that have been reset to compare top speed, it was over a 3 mile stretch starting at 775ft altitude and the end point was about 750ft so it was slightly down hill. the zx got out from all of us and ran out of gear, we went by him in the first mile they were all very close until about 150 (gps indicated) the busa started pulling noticeably. all the speedos were pegged to the max within the first mile but gps proved the 05 gsxr 1000 got up to 169mph, the 08 was 168, and the busa got 177mph. I could show you the vid if you were curious. btw i was the heaviest rider at 180lbs and a 3 mile race is waaaaay to long. Not sure why the 08 was slower top end, maybe because it is 379lbs and the 05 is 366lbs. We all had our bikes throttles pegged the whole time so I hope that helps.

Hello everyone. I would like to first say hello to everyone. I am a new member. I have a 2005 Busa. I would like to get some feedback on the age old question about which bike is the fastest, the Gusa or the Gixxer? A few of my friends have the 07 & 08 Gixxer. We haven't had a chance to do much riding yet but just wanted to get some opinions. It hardly seems that Suzuki would make a production bike that is faster than its flagshipt bike, the Hayabusa.
Thanks.

its situational, on the straight stuff or high speed sweepers a busa will reel in any distance lost due to its weight at around 150 mph, in the twisty stuff its the gixxer all the way, equal skill accounted for...

Back