gsxr1000

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
looking into getting a gsxr1000, a black '08 most likely [mechanically identical to '07.

what's your experience with the bike compared to the 'busa?

i heard they are a little bigger than the other 1000, which is what i'm looking for. any info greatly appreciated.

i have the 06 and have been on the 07 1000 the 07 is more comfortable they do feel a little bigger and a a touch heavier

They may be bigger than the old one, but you'll think it's teeny tiny going to it from a busa. Very very fast, very light....fun.

a 1k to a busa is huge. and the k8 are not out yet same as last year just color. other then the 600,750

Rode the K7 a couple times.. Wicked fast, and I thought slim as could be, but that is after coming off the boos.. Great through corners of course and on 'A' mode in 3rd gear, you can throttle the front wheel off the ground if you like, no joke.

Hey Rev, you keeping the Busa ? I've been looking at the 1000's too lately, WOW !! I think that's my next bike

NOOOOOO!!!!! say it aint so, bro!!!
argue.gif

u do realize the 1k has like HALF the 'real estate' for 'advertising' right?? if you did that 300 joint on a 1k it woulda been like just a half of the dudes' helmet on the side and thats it, LoL

dont worry man-when I get out to S.B., I'll make sure I stay in lower gears so you can keep up
beerchug.gif

if you really DO go for a 1k, LMK i'll talk to my bud at the Zuki dealership who gets me all my gear on tha lo-lo
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

busa would have to go KM.

hear ya BigD on tha artwork. got a client who wants some art on her gsxr600, mannnnn no space.

i dont ride for long distances, and i dont hit above 100mph 99.9% of the time.

maybe i should get a harley? juuuuusssssst kiiiiidddding on the harley part.

I have also been lusting after a liter bike although I'm not that brand loyal and have seen lots of '07 and even '06 left overs on E-Bay by dealers selling 'em for about 9k, tremendous deals. Only thing holding me back is the crazy insurance quotes I was receiving for 1000cc bikes... Not that I don't like the 'Busa but something with similar power and 100 pounds lighter has to be awesome.

1000s are the shnitz!..I was one of the first busa guys around here and still love them!!..and rode all year 1000s and own a 04 and to be honest like them more now than the busa!!!!!

fun light bikes with power to please!!
guns.gif
guns.gif

cool.gif

guns.gif

the all black gsxr1000 got me thinkin', already has a black base for me to paint and all...hmm..

they aint small either, so my 6'2 size wont look crazy on it
thumb_up.gif

1000s are the shnitz!..I was one of the first busa guys around here and still love them!!..and rode all year 1000s and own a 04 and to be honest like them more now than the busa!!!!!

fun light bikes with power to please!!
guns.gif

guns.gif

cool.gif
Your Gixxer 1000 is my dream bike !!! Was that black, and grey/silver offered any other year, or just 04 ? That would be the only bike I would "chrome out".

guns.gif

I have an 06 LE Busa and an 07 GSXR 1000. Acceleration is about identical, but the 1000 feels a lot busier and a little more angry while the Busa goes about accelerating with what feels like a lot less effort. If you start a race between them and the rpm's are up, the 1000 will pull the Busa about a bike length through each gear. If you start a race and the rpm is in the basement, the Busa will kill the 1000. The Busa handles as good as you really need for riding on the street, but the 1000 just does everything a little easier and will a lot less effort. I personally prefer the seating position on the 1000, and so does my wife. If I am riding with friends I usually take the 1000. If I am riding alone or with my wife, I always take the Busa. The reason is simple, I like the Busa more. The Busa simply amazes me with the way the power is delivered, how nice the ride is, how good it handles and just the overall feeling I get from it. I love my Busa! The only time I love my 1000 is when my knees are dragging the ground on a track day.

Hope that helps a little.

Correction, I prefer the seating arrangement of my 1000, but I think the Busa is a lot more comfortable, and so does my wife.

Bandit, you hit the nail on the head. i'm swayed back to the busa. long live the king!
beerchug.gif

p.s. thanks.

I had a K7 GSXR1000 for a few months , quick bike but not stable as Hayabusa (especially after 170mph) , Hayabusa covers your riding errors but a GSXR1000 won't .

the reason i consider the 1000 is most of my riding is in 0-120mph range, not over 170.

thank you for the information guclu.
beerchug.gif

i like the busa's stability.

Back