gsxr1000

I have an 06 LE Busa and an 07 GSXR 1000.  Acceleration is about identical, but the 1000 feels a lot busier and a little more angry while the Busa goes about accelerating with what feels like a lot less effort.  If you start a race between them and the rpm's are up, the 1000 will pull the Busa about a bike length through each gear.  If you start a race and the rpm is in the basement, the Busa will kill the 1000.  The Busa handles as good as you really need for riding on the street, but the 1000 just does everything a little easier and will a lot less effort.  I personally prefer the seating position on the 1000, and so does my wife.  If I am riding with friends I usually take the 1000.  If I am riding alone or with my wife, I always take the Busa.  The reason is simple, I like the Busa more.  The Busa simply amazes me with the way the power is delivered, how nice the ride is, how good it handles and just the overall feeling I get from it.  I love my Busa!  The only time I love my 1000 is when my knees are dragging the ground on a track day.

Hope that helps a little.
I have PM'd people from time to time for the past year, trying to find the differences, and you my friend have just answered all my questions, thank you !!! I wish I could have both. I just keep telling myself nomatter what bike I have, I'm ALWAYS going to want "the other one" !!

keepin' my eye out for one of those too jeff
There's a pretty damn nice '05 at a shop near me.
smile.gif

yes having both is the best option!!And My 04 Could Be for sale for the right price!!!!

They also had a black/silver on 01 a black gray in 05..but I like the stripes on the 04..would love to get a new bike every few years but can keep doing all that work!!!

eddyspics306.jpg

I have ridden a lot in the last 20 years (just over 650,000 miles) and as bikes have gotten faster and better handling I have noticed that riding became more about the adrenaline rush from speed and going faster than just from the ride. Now, I know the Busa is fast and stable and all of that, but it was the way in which everything is delivered that made me realize just how much I enjoy swinging a leg over a motorcycle and just riding. Whether the day demands a nice canyon bomb or just a leisurely cruise through the canyon, a short freeway ride or an interstate tour, the Busa always delivers. I always come home counting the days until I can do it again. If I had to have just one bike, the Busa would be the one I keep. It amazes me that a bike designed in the late 90's can do so well against the current crop of bikes. I even took the Busa to a couple of track days and I was seriously impressed with it. I think the real magic though is when my wife and I go for a week long ride covering 1800 miles and when we get home she is already planning our next ride.

the reason i consider the 1000 is most of my riding is in 0-120mph range, not over 170.

thank you for the information guclu.  
beerchug.gif

i like the busa's stability.
you're welcome , if your target speed is about 0 to 120 then it's ok
smile.gif

(if possible before getting the bike , do a test ride)

Hayabusa covers your riding errors but a GSXR1000 won't .
+1!!

I couldn't have said it better. The Busa is a better streetbike than the 1K. As much as I love my 06 1K, it actually sucks riding in town and freeway riding is only marginally better. Why? Well the new breed of liters are meant for carving up the track and some canyon riding. They also prefer high rpms, and the Gixx in high RPM means high speed and being well over the speed limit. At least with the Busa, you could cruise in low rpms and the torque will make the city riding much more exciting. The Gixxer is kinda boring riding around town. But...It is a bit faster than the Busa when riding at the absolute limit.

The only place my Gixx sees light of day is the track just because that is its element:

CP__5997.jpg

CP2_3361.jpg

258o0466.jpg

258o0561.jpg

258o2081.jpg

Back