GSXR1000 forks on the busa, anyone do it...

02BusaAndy

Registered
I want to run gsxr 1000 wheels on my bike next year and was woundering if anyone has put the fork assembly from a 1000 on their busa. I have also thought about putting new style busa forks on but I don't know, let me know if anyone on here did either swap and how they like it..

Yes you can run 1000 wheels with gen 2 forks. All you would need is spacers. Rear 1000 wheels bolt up. You will need a larger rear rotor.

How hard would it be to run a full gsxr1000 front setup. Forks and trees, along with the wheel and everything else..

How hard would it be to run a full gsxr1000 front setup. Forks and trees, along with the wheel and everything else..

Don't think you will need the trees. I'm pretty sure the forks alone will work with the stock triple.

Hi, a mate of mine bought Gixxer thou fork legs for his Gen 1 Busa.

He came to me because the lower fork yolk is a different diameter the Thou forks are slightly thicker.
Also the spindle diameter on one side to take the busa spindle is too small.

I took the parts to work and had the fork leg jig bored and the bottom yolk bored, I think it needed 1 mm on Dia. so .5 mm .20"thou on wall thickness each side on the yolk.

Assembled them all no problems after that, also had to make some spacers up for the brake calipers to fit on std. Gen 1 rotors.
He fitted Yamaha R1 calipers and is really pleased with the results.

I would recomend however that you aquire a Gixxer Thou bottom yolk.

Best regards Stretch

Well I def want to run gsxr 1000 wheels no matter what, and I was thinking of changing the whole front assembly to a 1000. Can I use the 1000 triple tree assembly on the busa neck...

P4130098.jpg

i had my 1000 forks for two years love them.gives it a diffrent look my bike is a mutt. i have a 08 busa tail to

First off quinton, that bike look amazing and I like your style. Now I'm guessing that your running the trees and everything, what year forks are you using and what did you have to do to pu them on. Any spacers and what size and where. Just trying to get all the specifics down cause I'm looking for that exact look with my forks, plus if you have any pics of the install and maybe the top veiw along with the spacer and placement. Thank you very much...

Last edited:
I dig the gixxer front fender on that.Looks cool.Are gixxer forks really any different??Valving diferent??

I used busa trees.I used a 20"thou spacer on the bottom tree and had to space the front caliber 5mm I think not sure about that

I put Gen 2 front end on my 1. I did the swap pretty much for the radial brake set-up and figured since i'm only 160 a new fresh set of forks from a gen 2 would stiffen up the ride also. I just used the complete set-up since I had it, forks,brakes,upper,lower trees. And only thing needed to use the Marvics which are Gen 1 were to space the calipers off 5mm, do to 320mm rotors versus 310mm gen 2 and 1.5mm rotor offset to align rotors in calipers. As far as the 1000 wheel onto a gen 2 you need 1.5mm rotor offset & an additional 3mm axle spacing on each side, no need for caliper spacing as the 1000 are 310mm same as gen 2.

DSCN8310.jpg

DSCN8248.jpg

DSCN8353.jpg

Rollin20z, what wheels are you running on their. And I heard that the GSXR1000 front fender bolts directly on the Gen 2 forks, that's the look i'm going for and having the radial brake set-up is a bonus..

These are Marvic's for Gen 1 with the Gen 2 front end. I've got a set of March's on my Gen 2 and they are for 05-08 1000. And as for the fender, yes from what I understand a 1000 fender has same mounting. I actually have a carbon fender off my 05 gsxr750 which mounts directly on also.

Back