Just picked up my Blue/black 2008

beerchug.gif
Nice...high five
beerchug.gif
I can't warm up to the gold wheels though. I think the bike would look much better if they were black. Just my .02
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

You are leaning on the bars.  You need to hold your upper body up with your legs, stomach, and back.  Congratulations on your new ride  
beerchug.gif
Right you are, bro.

Anyway, the PicPolice will not be dissed by your flippant 'looks like all the others' demeanor.

Submit!

(just kidding, yo). Congrats on the new scoot, and welcome to the addiction. You're gonna love it.

clap.gif

Nice 1 enjoy

All that is down to being over excited and holding on too tight just relax and youll find it goes away

beerchug.gif
welcome to the Org. these bikes shed water very well. don't forget to remove the reflectors for the next pic
cool.gif

welcome...I had the same problem when I started on the busa, hands would go numb. Cure: risers, tobin seat, iso grips, buell pegs = problem solved. take care...

Nice 1 enjoy

All that is down to being over excited and holding on too tight just relax and youll find it goes away
Over Excited? That's a bit understatement and as for holding on tight I thought that that's what one did on these bikes... wouldn't want to give it a bit of throttle to have the bars slip out of you hands! lol!

It's all cool now. Learned to position myself properly using proper form and now I really get a 'feel' for the bike and man, does this bike ever 'feel'!

welcome...I had the same problem when I started on the busa, hands would go numb.  Cure: risers, tobin seat, iso grips, buell pegs = problem solved.  take care...
I've checked out the Tobin seats before and really like what I see and hear about em' but as for the Iso Grips and the Buell pegs I'm gonna have to pass man... just not the look I want my bike to have.

Many thanks!

beerchug.gif
welcome to the Org. these bikes shed water very well. don't forget to remove the reflectors for the next pic
cool.gif
I was a little pissed that the bike got wet as I'd only picked it up the night before but now that it has been I suppose I don't have to stress about it any longer. Lol! It's like dreading that fist door ding. You know it'll eventually happen but until it does you watch where you park etc.

Remove the reflectors? Might not be cosmetically good looking but I like to be seen! The way people drive up here it's really not a bad ideal to have them on.

Btw, how do you get multiple pics on one post so I needn't waste valuable space doing all these onesy/twosy postings?
Beautiful bike! As far as the multiple pics, use Photobucket or some other hosting site and you can do that.
Many thanks for the kind complement! I've checked out Photobucket and so far I like what I'm seeing.

Know what's funny? I have noticed in only the few days I've had this bike that people who wouldn't normally even look at a 'crotch rocket' are literally rolling down their car windows (at stop lights) and marvelling at the bike saying the same thing 'beautiful bike!' And it hasn't only happened once! No shite, I get about 4/6 compliments a day... go figure eh!

I put the Heli bars on mine and the tobin seats and i can ride a pretty good way's before i get the numbness. I really like how it feels over stock. It was real bad for me also at first. I have nerve damage in my back so i am sure some of it is comeing from that. Good luck

My_Hayabusa_144RS.jpg

hi, when i ride i pressure my knees against the tank a little and this help take weight off my wrist, nice hayabusa,
hello.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Looking good

Now you need to do a few mods and remember to remove the stickers and all the reflectors or you will get **** from the others as I did. It's a pain but I am now sticker and reflector free.
Plus the R22 Bling slip on's and removed that huge plastic thing under the rear fender helps

busa_side400.jpg

Looking good

Now you need to do a few mods and remember to remove the stickers and all the reflectors or you will get **** from the others as I did.  It's a pain but I am now sticker and reflector free.
Plus the R22 Bling slip on's and removed that huge plastic thing under the rear fender helps
Again guys, many thanks for the complements!

I removed all the unsightly stickers only leaving the swing-arm one on, got lazy but that'll end-up coming off at some point. In Canada it's advised to leave the frame sticker on in the event we travel to the US and upon re-entering Canada we have proof of purchase that we didn't buy it in the States. As for the "huge plastic thing" I'm not a fan of 'rooster tails' all the way up my back when caught in the rain... and I happen to like the way it looks.

All in all I really enjoy seeing all the transformations from adding 'Bling' and so forth but I'm of the opinion that while most people do it to set themselves apart from the pack they inevitably end up looking all the same.

Heh, that being said I do envision a carbon fibre hugger with chain guard, powder coated (to match the frame) front and rear peg sets and a set of Pazzos in the sometime (most likely next riding season) near future. Not too much but enough to make me happy.

Back