Is boosted cycle performance still open?

I think every needs to calm down and wait for him to respond. Who knows what’s going on right now. A hurricane just went Thur Houston so I’m sure lots of stuff going on and who knows what he’s got going on with him coming out of rehab.

I would agree, and I really do like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but over a year, with no communication, and you have bikes and money, and the law is doing little...nah

I would agree, and I really do like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but over a year, with no communication, and you have bikes and money, and the law is doing little...nah
@sixpack577 I hear ya man. It hasn't been a year without communication. Last I heard from him was July 15th. Said he was helping his parents move and that he had some dyno sessions out of town. But communication none the less has been terrible and bike has been there since Feb 2020.

This situation did happen once before where he just upped and disappeared from the planet. Here he was admitted to rehab. I've a feeling its the same situation. And that he will turn up.

I hope that's the case. I hope he's been in rehab and when he gets out will make everything right with everyone. @sixpack577 I can even imagine not having my bike in over a year.

I had a similar issue with a shop that was supposed to build my bike when I blew my first motor. Ended up sitting there for about 6 months with no work done to it. Constant excuses. I showed up with a U-Haul trailer and other methods of encouragement and got my bike that day.

I really hope it works out for you man. I have family in Houston so I will reach out to some family in that area to see if there is any movement at the shop atleast.

I hope that's the case. I hope he's been in rehab and when he gets out will make everything right with everyone. @sixpack577 I can even imagine not having my bike in over a year.

I had a similar issue with a shop that was supposed to build my bike when I blew my first motor. Ended up sitting there for about 6 months with no work done to it. Constant excuses. I showed up with a U-Haul trailer and other methods of encouragement and got my bike that day.

I really hope it works out for you man. I have family in Houston so I will reach out to some family in that area to see if there is any movement at the shop atleast.

Thanks, he doesn't have my bike, but he does have a couple members here, who have posted in this thread.
I normally would stay out of it, but under the circumstances, I added my 2 cents.
No harm to anyone, but may he get what's coming to him for his shady sh*t.

This situation did happen once before where he just upped and disappeared from the planet. Here he was admitted to rehab. I've a feeling its the same situation. And that he will turn up.

Say he did; so he has no family or employees, or even the rehab facility to inform his customers?
It's only been over a year, just a little more time with your bikes and money with zero info.
Again, not my fight, I just hate a thief...which is what this has become.

Thanks, he doesn't have my bike, but he does have a couple members here, who have posted in this thread.
I normally would stay out of it, but under the circumstances, I added my 2 cents.
No harm to anyone, but may he get what's coming to him for his shady sh*t.
Everyone has a low point in their life, he may have reached his..

Seeing as nobody here has heard from him, I'd be more concerned about his well-being than anything else at this point.

From what I am reading, this issue he has had was an ongoing one, fighting demons is not an easy thing.

If someone lives near, a welfare check would be a good thing...for those that have motorcycles in his possession, the courts are the best way to go barring face to face interaction.

Everyone has a low point in their life, he may have reached his..

Seeing as nobody here has heard from him, I'd be more concerned about his well-being than anything else at this point.

From what I am reading, this issue he has had was an ongoing one, fighting demons is not an easy thing.

If someone lives near, a welfare check would be a good thing...for those that have motorcycles in his possession, the courts are the best way to go barring face to face interaction.

I get that...but;
If it were Your bike, you wouldn't have went looking for it by now??
I would imagine your resume would give you options.

I get that...but;
If it were Your bike, you wouldn't have went looking for it by now??
I would imagine your resume would give you options.
I'd be looking for it for certain....and I sure wouldn't be waiting a year.....if it wasn't touched after a short time, it'd be on a trailer and back in my possession...even if I had to break out my black balaclava....

I certainly wouldn't ship my bike off with an open completion date.

I've learned there needs to be a pre-designed agreement before any work starts holding everyone accountable. That agreement would be excellent in a retrieval case by the legal justice system, barring the agreement, the bike ownership and any correspondence could be used.

That being said, something has catastrophically gone wrong in this instance and I hope Rob is OK, if he is, this can all be resolved rather quickly I reckon...

I thought of an example just a minute ago...my wife's car needed a bit of body work and my neighbor recommended a body shop.

I took the car there and we talked, he showed me his work (and it was good) so we talked about getting the car done...he told me to drop it off on a Sunday and leave the keys in a drop box and he'd get at it Monday morning. I said I would and where was the paperwork?

He said he doesn't use paperwork-it's all word of mouth with him. I told him I'd be taking my car elsewhere then...I also told him having an agreement protects him as well as the customer, if either party goes into a chapter 11 scenario, the bank could come and seize the vehicle and he'd be out his money, with a signed agreement, he'd become one of the lien holders and would be entitled to a pay out...on the other hand, if something happened to him and the work couldn't be done, the customer would have grounds to go get their vehicle without it being seized.

If I was getting expensive work such as a turbo system put on my bike, it wouldn't leave my driveway without a proper agreement being signed.

I thought of an example just a minute ago...my wife's car needed a bit of body work and my neighbor recommended a body shop.

I took the car there and we talked, he showed me his work (and it was good) so we talked about getting the car done...he told me to drop it off on a Sunday and leave the keys in a drop box and he'd get at it Monday morning. I said I would and where was the paperwork?

He said he doesn't use paperwork-it's all word of mouth with him. I told him I'd be taking my car elsewhere then...I also told him having an agreement protects him as well as the customer, if either party goes into a chapter 11 scenario, the bank could come and seize the vehicle and he'd be out his money, with a signed agreement, he'd become one of the lien holders and would be entitled to a pay out...on the other hand, if something happened to him and the work couldn't be done, the customer would have grounds to go get their vehicle without it being seized.

If I was getting expensive work such as a turbo system put on my bike, it wouldn't leave my driveway without a proper agreement being signed.

As our new member @OldFartDave said, "trust nobody" and you'll be good....

As our new member @OldFartDave said, "trust nobody" and you'll be good....
That was such vital info it actually needed to be double posted lol!

He has responded to me when i text him. I get updates but not a lot has been done on my bike while there. He did send me pics of my parts when they arrived and my motor being build but my motor still isnt done. I think hes backed up a lot more but idk whats going on tbh.

He has responded to me when i text him. I get updates but not a lot has been done on my bike while there. He did send me pics of my parts when they arrived and my motor being build but my motor still isnt done. I think hes backed up a lot more but idk whats going on tbh.
Glad atleast you got a reply. If you talk to him again, just let him know people are trying to get ahold of him.

Glad you got some parts in,hope Rob gets bikes done soon

Back