If you had to give up your Busa and change color to another,what would it be?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Favorite stock colors and why you'd get them....
#1 for me would be the 40th anni orange. To this day,I still prefer the Gen I body style,and am a fan of solid colored Busa's.
#2 would be the first year Gen II in black and orange.First year of the change,best color scheme so far for me,from all the years.
#3 would be the copper '99. Not a super huge fan of silver,but it would be cool to own the first one.

The color and/or scheme you'd never get?
The color schemes I dislike the most...(sorry if you own one...maybe, :laugh: ) is the paint idea that never should have been in my opinion.
Its not any one particular color,it's the layout. I know why they did it,but I dont like it. I believe it was short lived,correct me if I'm wrong,the 2001-2002's.

2001.jpg

The falcons beak painted on the side. Yup,Busa...peregrine falcon. OK,cool,we all know that. I'll bet the Busa's designer (Koji Yoshiura) did not approve. He built the beak into the nose,not the side of the bike. He gave it eyes (the turn sigs) he gave it nostrils (the intakes) to me,that ^ paint takes away from his design. The side beak looks tragic. The side fairing bolt looks like an' improperly placed eye or nostril. Who's idea was that? If I was Yoshiura,I would have had them fired.

A2001.jpg

My first Busa was a 2000.Close to a "Beak-Busa", but not...

2000_GSX1300R_bl-slv_640.jpg

5 Busa's and 6 paint schemes later,I have the one I like the best, 2010.

b.jpg

Hit us with your likes/diss'us and such,
Rubb.

#1 for me would be the 40th anni orange. To this day,I still prefer the Gen I body style,and am a fan of solid colored Busa's.
#2 would be the first year Gen II in black and orange.First year of the change,best color scheme so far for me,from all the years.
#3 would be the copper '99. Not a super huge fan of silver,but it would be cool to own the first one.

The color schemes I dislike the most...(sorry if you own one...maybe, :laugh: ) is the paint idea that never should have been in my opinion.
Its not any one particular color,it's the layout. I know why they did it,but I dont like it. I believe it was short lived,correct me if I'm wrong,the 2001-2002's.

View attachment 1630297

The falcons beak painted on the side. Yup,Busa...peregrine falcon. OK,cool,we all know that. I'll bet the Busa's designer (Koji Yoshiura) did not approve. He built the beak into the nose,not the side of the bike. He gave it eyes (the turn sigs) he gave it nostrils (the intakes) to me,that ^ paint takes away from his design. The side beak looks tragic. The side fairing bolt looks like an' improperly placed eye or nostril. Who's idea was that? If I was Yoshiura,I would have had them fired.

View attachment 1630298

View attachment 1630299

View attachment 1630300

Rubb.
Hi Rubb. I like the blue and white, blue and silver, black and silver and white. But than again I do not like anything stock so I would paint it anyway. I also like the gen 1 with the gen 2 tail. I like the gen 2 headlight. I also like some of the pic's of pic's of the gen 3's. for a motor a fresh 1507cc.

I have yet to really meet a stock Hayabusa color I didn't like...maybe the full yellow '13 model...it's just too much yellow I think...

If I was to change mine, it'd go back to black. The color scheme I used to really like was the John Player's Special-the black and gold...I like that combo.

I'm actually a big fan of the 2001-2002 beak graphics, but then I might be biased since my first 'Busa was a 2001. I thought it looked awesome, even more so when I added the Gripsters and suddenly the bird had an eye.

Untitled.jpeg

I'm going agree with Rubba though, the '08 orange/black is probably the best ever and I loved the black/red 2010/11 when they came out. The dark blue/blue from those two years rocked too.

I dig the current graphic too, that big HAYABUSA billboard really gets the point across. The colours leave me cold though, especially since we only get the grey one in Canada. The red is pretty nice but it's a whole lot of red! And we don't get it here.... I'd like to see a flash blue version but with a Gen3 on the horizon, the current one is probably at the end of days. Right? Right?? There is a Gen3 coming for 2021, right? Right??

Great looking bike 'buser. I like the eye lol. If I had to swap pretty sure it would be to a '99 copper but that '01 black & silver is awesome.

View attachment 1630297

View attachment 1630298

View attachment 1630299

View attachment 1630300

Rubb.
Gen2 gold best color ever! You had one.
If I ever change mine that is what I would do.

Hi Rubb. I like the blue and white, blue and silver, black and silver and white. But than again I do not like anything stock so I would paint it anyway. I also like the gen 1 with the gen 2 tail. I like the gen 2 headlight. I also like some of the pic's of pic's of the gen 3's. for a motor a fresh 1507cc.
There are some awesome customs out there for sure Mike. Some nasty ones too. Remember The Ugly Busa Thread
I have yet to really meet a stock Hayabusa color I didn't like...maybe the full yellow '13 model...it's just too much yellow I think...

If I was to change mine, it'd go back to black. The color scheme I used to really like was the John Player's Special-the black and gold...I like that combo.
John Player... :thumbsup: I did love my 2nd Busa,an all black I de-decaled,did all the mods chasing 15 HP. :laugh: I thought the hi-mounts were kind of cool and unique.

9m.jpg

I'm actually a big fan of the 2001-2002 beak graphics, but then I might be biased since my first 'Busa was a 2001. I thought it looked awesome, even more so when I added the Gripsters and suddenly the bird had an eye.

View attachment 1630307

I'm going agree with Rubba though, the '08 orange/black is probably the best ever and I loved the black/red 2010/11 when they came out. The dark blue/blue from those two years rocked too.

I dig the current graphic too, that big HAYABUSA billboard really gets the point across. The colours leave me cold though, especially since we only get the grey one in Canada. The red is pretty nice but it's a whole lot of red! And we don't get it here.... I'd like to see a flash blue version but with a Gen3 on the horizon, the current one is probably at the end of days. Right? Right?? There is a Gen3 coming for 2021, right? Right??
The gripsters was a GREAT idea. Almost made it work. "Eye Lover" :laugh:
Great looking bike 'buser. I like the eye lol. If I had to swap pretty sure it would be to a '99 copper but that '01 black & silver is awesome.
"Eye Lover"...:p
I personally love the red and black, mine will be going solid black with red accessories since the plastics and paint weren't in great shape when I got it. But this is what it use to look like. View attachment 1630312
The all red tail looks awesome,especially in that photo Jeff.
Gen2 gold best color ever! You had one.
If I ever change mine that is what I would do.
Ya know Matt,when I first got it,I hated the gold. Then it grew on me.It was a rare bird for sure. @hayabuser knows how many were made,I keep forgetting. Maybe I should write it down. Duh! Maybe I dont want to remem,because I should have kept that one. I bought it 'cause it was a great deal,it had been low-sided. Made some dough on it. Sold it to a guy who had to have it,fell in love with it sight unseen. He flew in a couple days later by way of sea plane and road it home.
I believe it was only a couple of months till he was involved in a crash on it. We did not hear too much from member Ktown ever again,
Rubb.

Back