Which year paint scheme...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, for the purpose of this thread, throw the actual colors and the solid bikes out the window and just look' at the design layout of the schemes. Which is your favorite mighty busa graphics design layout. Personally, I like the falcon bill shaped design on the '01-'02 busa the best. It fits the lines well, it fits the theme (peregrine falcon) well... It just plain "fits".

I'd have to award second place to the '99-'00 layout. The main reason I'd chose it over the '03 layout is the fact that in the older scheme the tail section is one color. The '03 scheme has the little pointy area of the other color jutting out into the tail section and interrupting the lines in my opinion. It's the only thing that I am truly dissatisfied with on my busa. It's one reason that I want to repaint my busa so soon.

As far as my repaint goes, I am not locked into a scheme yet. I have some ideas that I want to play with to see how they look sprayed out on something. I'm also considering going "retro" and doin' 'er up usin' the older falcon bill scheme or sumthin' similar. Even thought about just doin' er up in a single color. Yer thoughts? :super:

Take a close look at all the layouts in the pic below and let's hear which one you like best and why. Anybody with me on liking the falcon bill theme the best?

I'm kinda likin' this paint set-up, with the tail and the falcon bill graphic matchin'... Maybe not silver and grey though. I have another color combo in mind that I think would look killer.

And just to prove that I wasn't tryin' to slide a scantily dressed girl in, I blurred out the bikini top. I already felt the pimp hand crashin' down on me one time. Not tryin' to get in trouble. :D

painttheme.jpg

Just realized that my lid would match that scheme better, too. It's the older Shoei RF-900 busa lid. ;) If I change colors I'd have to redo it tho. Or find another plain, solid color lid and paint it to match, leaving this one stock.

:) Hey Bullet, is that helmet still available, or discontinued. Also, what happened to the pics of your airbrush work? I'd much rather have a custom lid, as opposed to one like everybody elses.

2001 and 2002 are the greatest. Blue-silver, silver-black, silver, they all rule. But the main thing is the falcon's head design that the Busas had on these two years. I dislike the SE's edition colors. Specially the XX look-alike-painting :tounge: The orange color is too much "HEY GUYS, LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M HERE!!!!!!!"

I like the 00 Green/Green.
It is rare.
Not many sold here in the States. :thumbsup:

Next would be the 99 Purple/Purple.

It's as rare as the other, and ALMOST as sexy. :laugh:

Pick a solid color, then some WWII style nose art...  I need a sitting Brunette Hottie to replace teh Kanji on both sides and a small version centered on the rear of the Hump.  Something Rob Zombie-ish, An evil Hottie no doubt, with a classy script under her....Lilah...

I like the solid colors, use some pearls, or some metalflake maybe...  Looks classy, and helps the bike stand out from the heard of Skittle colored, Teenage-mutant-Ninja-Power-Ranger looking bikes... (All Custom Board Bikes Excluded BTW)  Not Slamming anyone...  ;)  I am thinking specifically of a lil red CBR600RR with a RED tinted screen and his little Buddie on a Yellow F4i with a matching yellow screen here by my work somedays...They look like fruity assed short wearing skittle riders...

Gift or curse, just sorta pops up... It is directly proportional to the amount of caffine I have ingested...

:)  Hey Bullet, is that helmet still available, or discontinued. Also, what happened to the pics of your airbrush work? I'd much rather have a custom lid, as opposed to one like everybody elses.
Crack,

The lid is the '02 version so I'm sure it's discontinued. You might find one in stock somewhere, though. My dealer still had it in stock when I got my '03 busa. They cut me a great deal on it since it was an older version. If you can find a dealer with one they should be willing to discount it for ya to move it. Try yer local dealers... ;)

As for the airbrush work, I haven't rounded up anything to airbrush on yet. I'm lookin' for a few busted but repairable bike parts but it's slim pickin' so far. If nothin' turns up soon I guess I'll try sumthin' else. I think I have an old junk helmet layin' around at my Dad's. Just gotta find the time to go dig it out.

Oh almost forgot Blue and Silver 2001 --- The Falcon is so distinct and symbolic its the only thing that keeps me from repainting my bike .... not to mention its the fastest year and color :laugh: :laugh: (here we go again! :laugh:

Pike a solid color, then some WWII style nose art...  I need a sitting Brunette Hottie to replace teh Kanji on both sides and a small version centered on the rear of the Hump.  Something Rob Zombie-ish, An evil Hottie no doubt, with a classy script under her....Lilah...

I like the solid colors, use some pearls, or some metalflake maybe...  Looks classy, and helps the bike stand out from the heard of Skittle colored, Teenage-mutant-Ninja-Power-Ranger looking bikes... (All Custom Board Bikes Excluded BTW)  Not Slamming anyone...  ;)  I am thinking specifically of a lil red CBR600RR with a RED tinted screen and his little Buddie on a Yellow F4i with a matching yellow screen here by my work somedays...They look like fruity assed short wearing skittle riders...
The painter in me likes to see what some of those skittle riders have done with their bikes. Some of those painters have mad skills and put down some sick azz paint jobs. I'd never want my bike to look like a skittle though. Just not my style. Neither is WWII style nose art, though. ;)

You must have thought that when I said I had a different color combo in mind I meant something like a pack of skittles? :super: No way! I'll not spill the beans just yet, though. You can rest assured that you'll be able to distinguish between my busa and a skittle! :laugh:

As for the single color thing, what I don't like about that is that anybody can see it, like it, blow a single color on and have something just like it unless you do go with the skittles colors that'd be harder for someone to match. The pearls (could be schweet if tastefully done) and/or flake (sorry, not my bag, baby) would make it a little different but still fairly easy to cookie cutter copy unless you got into complex airbrushed graphics.

I want something a bit more different than a solid with pearl, but without bein' tacky. I'm really feelin' the '02 falcon bill two tone thing but with my own personal twist. I'm thinkin' I can pull it off. I think I can make it classy, but still different. I may change my mind after layin' it out on something to see how it looks, but right now it sounds killer.

So nobody is with me here? :super:

I guess I should narrow down my choice a bit more. I particularly like the 2002 scheme the best because the tail section matches the falcon bill graphic. I just think it looks a hair better than the '01. Makes for a clean lookin' two tone theme. :cool:

I like the 00 Green/Green.
It is rare.
Not many sold here in the States. :thumbsup:

Next would be the 99 Purple/Purple.

It's as rare as the other, and ALMOST as sexy. :laugh:
Yeah, I hear ya, ya big show off! :laugh: I thought about doin' a black/green similar to yers but it would be too similar. Don't wanna copy ya. Everybody needs thur own thang. ;)

I guess I should narrow down my choice a bit more. I particularly like the 2002 scheme the best because the tail section matches the falcon bill graphic. I just think it looks a hair better than the '01. Makes for a clean lookin' two tone theme.  :cool:
I think you're right about that choice Chris...I like the 02 paint lines best...

Back