How much to paint?

Sgt Busa

Donating Member
Registered
I have about given up on my hunt for a new 04' LE.

Talking to West Powersports in Clearwater today and the salesman gave me the suggestion of just taking a brand new 05' and having it painted the color I want. This is the only salesman I have talked to who called me back about my search for an 04' Busa. He couldn't find one either but at least he came up with other options.

Before you all tell me to wait for the 05' LE, let me tell you I am not a big fan of black on bikes. My Buell is black and will be the last black bike I will probably buy. Do not get me wrong I love the Muell I mean Buell, just hate having to clean it every day.

You see I am a big fan of the solid color busa, while I really do not like the two tone paint on them.

So here is the dilemma. Can not find the Red Busa I have been lusting for since I laid eyes on one and do not care for the 05' LE color all that much.

So finally how much would it cost to have a brand new Busa painted the color I want. Nothing to extravagant mind you, probably just one solid color with at the most metal flake.

not to sure about the cost of paint, but I know of a dealer here in Denver, CO that has a red busa. You might think of buying an 04 LE from a dealer in another state. It would prob cost less to have it shipped or pick it up than to paint an 05.

Spoke to dealer (Fay Meyers Motorcycle World) and salesmen told me 11,000 for bike + 1,000 for freight & setup, + approx 500 for shipping = 12,500 for 04 LE. Not sure if it's worth it to ya but just a thought.
wink.gif

not to sure about the cost of paint, but I know of a dealer here in Denver, CO that has a red busa.  You might think of buying an 04 LE from a dealer in another state.  It would prob cost less to have it shipped or pick it up than to paint an 05.
That is just it. There seem to be Red 04 LE's every where but with in my area. Hell I have not even received one phone call back from a dealer who said that they would find one out of state for me. In fact of all the dealers I have called only West Powersports at least called me back. Look I would rather just get an 04' LE, but I have been looking ever since I got back to the states about 20 days ago with no luck.

You know something else that has been bugging me. When I got back I stayed with friends in Wesley Chapel and I kept seeing the same Red 04" LE every where I went. Wesley Chapel Busa if you are a part of this board you suck. You have just been killing me. Hell I am glad I got my apartment in St Petersburg now. Have not seen one Red 04' LE in the past week.

You could probably negotiate the price down a little bit, that bike has been there for a few months if I remember correctly. Expect to pay at least $1000 - $1200 for a paint job, and then add another $200 for new decals. I don't think that it would be worth it to repaint a brand new bike. It cost me $1650 to repaint my whole bike(1200 for paint and prep, 250 to sand blast all the paint and decals off, $200 for graphics). $12,500 for the bike here shipped to you with the factory paint that you want doesn't seem all that expensive. Just my .02 cents.

All right you guys actually inspired me to try harder to get my 04' LE.

Will hopefully have some good news Thursday. Really jittery right now just thinking about it.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Whatever you decide to do</span><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>please</span> <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>do the frame slider mod .</span>

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

uploaded_banner.jpg

Not to mention, no matter how much you pay for paint, it will NEVER look as good as the factory paint.
You're kidding, right? No factory busa paint job has, or will EVER look as good as a properly done custom paint job.
rock.gif
Here's one bike that blows factory paint away... There are more painted bikes on this site alone that kill fatory paint jobs in quality.

candybusa_06.jpg

You know something else that has been bugging me. When I got back I stayed with friends in Wesley Chapel and I kept seeing the same Red 04" LE every where I went. Wesley Chapel Busa if you are a part of this board you suck. You have just been killing me. Hell I am glad I got my apartment in St Petersburg now. Have not seen one Red 04' LE in the past week.
That may have been Cecil, he lives in the Wesley Chapel area, is the red bike a turbo?

Sgt buell,have you called suzuki of sarasota? Last time i was there they had 2 04 red's on the floor.Not sure if they still do now. Here is there number (941)925-0376 if they do ask to speak with john he's a cool dude.

kf

Last place I called yesterday. And guess what, they had one and it is supposed to be mine. Will find out more tomorrow.

That may have been Cecil, he lives in the Wesley Chapel area, is the red bike a turbo?
Did not notice if it was a turbo. Saw the same bike at a parking lot with a Red helmet though.

Spoke to dealer (Fay Meyers Motorcycle World) and salesmen told me 11,000 for bike + 1,000 for freight & setup, + approx 500 for shipping = 12,500 for 04 LE.  Not sure if it's worth it to ya but just a thought.  
wink.gif
FYI, I bought my 04 red LE in Denver for $10,000 out the door only add was taxes from CO Power Sports on 104th.

Maybe your salesman could check with Powersports in Stuart Florida, or Palm Beach Cycles in WPB. I was in both recently, and Stuart had one, Palm Beach had three. Sorry-don't have the numbers handy, but they are in the yellow pages.

Man BT, that bike is gorgeous. Now I'm gonna go home and throw rocks at mine....
biggrin.gif
....... just kidding, of course. Seriously, nice colors though.

sgt.,
u may have to look into this, but the red and silver 05, the red is the came colour. and i do believe the silver/white is just a sticker, anybody else see that? thats how i saw it, just peel the sticker off

Back