If you had to give up your Busa and change color to another,what would it be?

What I don't understand is the look of black wheels. Why do people like them? At night you can't even see them. During the day they look ok up close, but, once in motion it simply turns into a black blur. Wheels add or subtract much from the overall look of the whatever is wearing them be it a car , truck, or motorcycle. When I get a black wheel I simply get out the aircraft paint remover and remove what isn't flattering to the wheel. My 05 had black wheels and my extra wheels were black to. I stripped off the outer portions and left the center section and that was easy to do with the way the machined edges are designed into these wheels. Then again... I am kinda like a Crow... I like shiney stuff that sparkles...

What I don't understand is the look of black wheels. Why do people like them? At night you can't even see them. During the day they look ok up close, but, once in motion it simply turns into a black blur. Wheels add or subtract much from the overall look of the whatever is wearing them be it a car , truck, or motorcycle. When I get a black wheel I simply get out the aircraft paint remover and remove what isn't flattering to the wheel. My 05 had black wheels and my extra wheels were black to. I stripped off the outer portions and left the center section and that was easy to do with the way the machined edges are designed into these wheels. Then again... I am kinda like a Crow... I like shiney stuff that sparkles...
To each their own when it comes to rim color...

I personally like black rims on certain vehicle colors...they work well on my bike and would work well on my silver truck if I chose to put them on...the polished aluminum stock rims look good on it as well.

It's the same a chrome, some people just have to coat their vehicles in it but I prefer to have none.

Black wheels do have a certain look and it matches perfectly with what some call "the blacked out look" I know,fuggin obvious right. :laugh: I've had many bikes with many looks from all chrome to all flat black. Both are awesome,both have advantages and disadvantages. My 1st Busa was all chrome and polished ally. Looked sweet I thought,but there was some up keep involved. With a blacked-out bike,you wash,polish the paint and yer good to go. Adding any shiny bits adds to your up keep and depending on your amount of free time,can cut into your riding time, is the way I looked at it. I have an' old Honduh 954 that needs a direction taken. For me now,its all about money.(I have none) The plastics will have to stay stock. That leaves the metal. I'm considering polishing the heck out of everything.I'll do it myself,so its only about time. You have to stay on polish or it goes to krap. The Busa I have now has some cosmetics,but not much that requires any special attention. Everything is painted,powder coated or anodized,I love it.
With the 1st Busa the wife at the time had small hands for getting into the tiny spaces to make it shine. Should have kept that one. The Busa that is...:laugh:

9l.jpg

That Busa took more than 15 minutes to clean-up
rofl.gif

Rubb.

That blue Busa looks very nice!

I left the black paint on the wheel spokes and center section of my wheels as you can see in my pictures.

I also fabricated a front wheel guide with rollers under my front wheel when the Busa ( or any motorcycle ) is on my bike lift. That way I can put the rear stand on and then lift the Busa up to a height where the wheels are easy to service and clean. I can spin the front wheel by hand for easier cleaning and brake pad service. The aluminum rollers are from Horrible Frieght at about $ 22 I think. ( a place I will no longer buy anything from ) and sits securely inside my homemade device. I will post a picture of it later.
05 Busa left aide.jpg
05 Busa main divide.jpg

Last edited:

Agree totally. Just waiting on my new forged wheels to arrive from OS. Decided against black as everybody has black rims. Went with a titanium / gun barrel colour. (well, that's what they called it) wait and see..

That blue Busa looks very nice!

I left the black paint on the wheel spokes and center section of my wheels as you can see in my pictures.

I also fabricated a front wheel guide with rollers under my front wheel when the Busa ( or any motorcycle ) is on my bike lift. That way I can put the rear stand on and then lift the Busa up to a height where the wheels are easy to service and clean. I can spin the front wheel by hand for easier cleaning and brake pad service. The aluminum rollers are from Horrible Frieght at about $ 22 I think. ( a place I will no longer buy anything from ) and sits securely inside my homemade device. I will post a picture of it later. View attachment 1630384View attachment 1630388
Looks way fuggin sharp. :thumbsup: Sort of "Ol' Skool" when polished lips were the dope. Easy maintain on the part that you can get to easily..."set it and forget it" on the hard to reach area. Great mod.:bowdown:
Rubb.

I would go with a 2016 black/gray one with the red graphics.

View attachment 1630394
There is something AWESOME about a color divided/accentuated by another shade that appears flat. Not sure if I'm making sense,but the gloss blk separated by the gray (both with shiny clear-coat),with the hits of red and white...:bowdown:
Somebody took the time and totally thought out a color scheme.Hint of red on the lips...who doesn't love that...
drools.gif

Rubb.

Favorite stock colors and why you'd get them....
#1 for me would be the 40th anni orange. To this day,I still prefer the Gen I body style,and am a fan of solid colored Busa's.
#2 would be the first year Gen II in black and orange.First year of the change,best color scheme so far for me,from all the years.
#3 would be the copper '99. Not a super huge fan of silver,but it would be cool to own the first one.

The color and/or scheme you'd never get?
The color schemes I dislike the most...(sorry if you own one...maybe, :laugh: ) is the paint idea that never should have been in my opinion.
Its not any one particular color,it's the layout. I know why they did it,but I dont like it. I believe it was short lived,correct me if I'm wrong,the 2001-2002's.

View attachment 1630297

The falcons beak painted on the side. Yup,Busa...peregrine falcon. OK,cool,we all know that. I'll bet the Busa's designer (Koji Yoshiura) did not approve. He built the beak into the nose,not the side of the bike. He gave it eyes (the turn sigs) he gave it nostrils (the intakes) to me,that ^ paint takes away from his design. The side beak looks tragic. The side fairing bolt looks like an' improperly placed eye or nostril. Who's idea was that? If I was Yoshiura,I would have had them fired.

View attachment 1630298

My first Busa was a 2000.Close to a "Beak-Busa", but not...

View attachment 1630299

5 Busa's and 6 paint schemes later,I have the one I like the best, 2010.

View attachment 1630300

Hit us with your likes/diss'us and such,
Rubb.
My next paint will not be the lambo orange to many base coats, top coats, clear coats. I am going to paint it a hot rod flatz burgundy and brandy wine. I will put a little black and pearl, clear. So it will be a one shot deal. My spare wheels will be powder coated a dark bronze. I have all plastic and wheels. Next year.
415-370-6680

I like the first gen blue and silver 05 and the second gen dark silver with red wheels 19 probably because I currently own them Lol. I say collect all the colors.

Back