How often do you wash your bike(s)?

How often do you wash your crotch................rocket?

• Once a week.

Votes: 91 33.1%
  • Once every 2 weeks.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 28 10.2%
  • Once every 2 months.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Once a season. (Assuming 4 season weather.)

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • After riding through a heavy rain.

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • I don't wash it. Bikes are for riding.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Whenever the mood strikes me.

Votes: 68 24.7%
  • After my armpits, after my arse, and before my teeth. (I use the same brush for all 4.)

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Before I go to sell it.

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Why not with a hose. I have an 05 that gets soaped, rinsed, then de-ionized rinsed (dries spot free). It's a bike not sugar. No melting danger.

+1

Can't figure out how you can go with out the "hose"
Do you wipe the rad and oil coolers?
Are these NO HOSE bikes 04 with 700 miles? Guess the dont get that dirty sitting in the garage. :laugh:

Nice rinse before soap...... Fear of grinding in the road grime
just my 2cents

I dont get the people that say no hose, do you ride?, I get caught in the rain all the time, It looks like I road in a damn field it gets so nasty.

Wash and wax all the time, and yes with a horrible "hose' and water:laugh:

I dust (duster) wipe down and clean the bugs off after every ride.
I give it a good cleaning and wax about once a month.

None of the above! I set aside at least one hour after each and every ride to completely detail my baby! I could never turn out the lights at night knowing that even one bug or one speck of dust was on my busa. Ain't gonna happen on my shift!! :beerchug:
Complete wax job once a week and chain cleaning and relubing after every 300 miles!

Last edited:
None of the above! I set aside at least one hour after each and every ride to completely detail my baby! I could never turn out the lights at night knowing that even one bug or one speck of dust was on my busa. Ain't gonna happen on my shift!! :beerchug:

Do you have another (hopefully) female baby that you give the same attention?
If I got that obsessed, my wife would stick a hose up my ass! :beerchug:

Just ribbing ya. :laugh:

Iv'e been washing bikes with soap & water for 40 years. NEVER had a problem. I don't point the spray right into the switches. It's a motorcycle. Water won't hurt it any more than it would your car. My bike always leaves the house spottles and usually returns COVERED in bugs. Soap & water are your friends.

Iv'e been washing bikes with soap & water for 40 years. NEVER had a problem. I don't point the spray right into the switches. It's a motorcycle. Water won't hurt it any more than it would your car. My bike always leaves the house spottles and usually returns COVERED in bugs. Soap & water are your friends.

You have that bugs part right. The must be attracted to bikes. I never have that many bugs on my car. Maybe I'm going to fast for them to get out of my way?

Bugs.jpg

yea, you left out an option for "before every ride" . I usually wash it with either a hose and sponge or some of the "quick detail spray and wash" before every ride and do I full wash and wax about once a month in the summer. During the winter I'm lucky to wash it once in 4 months as I dont go anywhere but maybe to the store once a week to keep the battery and oil in shape. I dont winterize...never know here in tennesse when your gonna get one of those freaky 60 degree days in the dead of winter. Happens at least a few times every winter and I wanna be able to take advantage of it. :thumbsup:

thats right i wait 4 a good storm 2 hit.

Get this thing wet+im out $250 bucks

w2efs3.jpg

I dont dry it ether waste of $$$ I just go max it out on interstate

5zipht.jpg

OK, Im gonna be the idiot to ask...what the hell is that thing and where are your gauges??????

I have a 2000 and never washed it. I just wipe it down with a cycle spray that cleans just about anything and everything on the bike, bugs and all. It always gets a wipe down before a ride. But if you're talking about soap and water... never had to use it.
:beerchug:

the black on the tail picks up alot of crap sometimes so i'll hit it almost weekly.

Without a hose, how do you get crap out of the radiator and out from under the fender wells? How about the spokes on the wheels, and under the chain guard. There are lots of places it is a real pain to reach with a rag.

Back