How often do we wash our busa's

I don't wash it.

That's the wife's job!
thumbs-up.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1481"|1155835531 -->

Wipe with a wet paper towel, and finishing with the dry one - that's if bugs/dirt accumulate. Didn't wash it for a long time. WD-40 for wheels is great - I second that. Wax with Zaino - once or twice a year.

5k on the '06 and it's never seen a hose.
Honda cleaner, WD-40. Lot's of washable micro fiber towels, and disposable terry cloth towels.

I'm reserving the hose for after I run her through a muddy field

biggrin.gif

I don't wash it.

That's the wife's job!
thumbs-up.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
You got one hell of a wife man! Mine likes to ride on it, but wash it?...never. She does all of my laundry, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Well even if I did want to complain, I wouldn't ever say it out loud or type it in a forum.
biggrin.gif

Pledge practically every time I ride! Pledge is awesome and it is cheap in the three pack at Costco! Gets rid of the bugs and dirt without a scratch and repels dust and leaves your bike smelling nice and lemony! I'll break out the hose and some Meguiars wash if I do a big rain ride!

Power washer, dried with the leaf blower once a week.

Meguires polish on the paint after every ride and polish the frame and wheels once a month. (I love zoop seal
super.gif
)

I use WD-40 on the wheels because it cuts the chain lube off the rear very well..
What lube do you use? I use Maximum Chain wax and really don't get any on rim from riding. I just get that brake dust film crap. Don't know why, I hardly really use the rear brake unless it's slow maneuvers and it always has more than the front rim
rock.gif
I still have part of a can of PJ-1 blue label left....kinda messy, but it works good. It doesn't make too much of a mess if I put it on right after a ride...while the chain is still hot.

I'm gonna look into some other lubes here pretty soon...

Wash and dry mine probably once a week especially if it rains since i dont have a garage. I dust it with a "California Duster" and wipe it down with either plexus or honda polish daily!

Honda polish pretty much BEFORE every ride.Mine is a black/grey 06 so you can imagine how easily dust shows on it.I also use the bike clean/Bike shine two step cleaners every couple weeks or so to clean the whole bike including rims and the swingarm area near the chain where i see chain lube residue.

The chain and sprokets, twice a month.

the rest of the bike....
wink.gif

well ya know don't cha??
wow.gif
If there's time to wash it, there's time to ride it! Proud owner of the filthiest Busa on the board!

About twice a year
wink.gif
cool.gif

wink.gif

I clean and detail it everytime it needs it so it always stays showroom Beautiful
laugh.gif
Which generally means every 200 to 300 miles of riding, which inturn means just about everytime I ride
wink.gif
Plus you get to know the in's and out's of your bike messing with it this much. You really catch things going wrong or damaged before it really is bad
biggrin.gif
VERY GOOD POINT!
+1, every ride. wash and insp., wax 1-2/mo. Funny I was just wondering if this would be a good ? to post as I was washing and waxing her it at work, you know down time at the firehouse.

I wash mine after every ride but I only soap the wheels and swingarm. Sometimes the front cowl depending on the amount of lovebugs I pick up. Since I now keep my bike inside I find myself polishing it way more than I use to . Hey nothing on the tube ? Time to break out the Mother's and the Meguire's.

Back