How often do you apply chain lube?

I use WD-40 every other week and Chain Wax on the others . The Wd-40 keeps it clean

Not enough but I have 10K on my stock chain and it seems to be holding up fine.

I do mine whenever I look at it notice that it looks like it needs cleaning. It's probably around 1000 miles or so.

Kev

similar to above comments, at least every 750 km or if I think it needs it, more frequently if it has beeen raining or if Ive been out in the countryside thrashing it.

Thats this chain. The one I just removed was treated less well, still got 30,000 km out of it but it was in crap condition by then.

moX

I've been cleaning and lubing mine about every 10 days, which equals about 500 miles for me. I wish there was a sticky post on chain adjusting and lubing. Im sorta just winging it right now, but think I could use another chain adjustment but don't want the dealer to do it. Also, Ive been using WD-40 to clean the chain, and J&B Chain Lube (Non flinging), but Im must be using too much lube because Im getting it on my rear wheel (not tire), and for the 1st 24hours after waxing I have a mess on the garage floor where it seems to drip from the front sprocket area down to the kickstand and than on to the floor.
sad.gif

Every 500 mi. I clean with kerosene and lube with a chain wax.

Use kerosene for cleaning your chain as instructed in the shop manual,. Just to note W-D 40 removes grease which isnt good for our type of chains used on the Busa.  

You can purchase a metal oil can spray bottle and gallon of kerosene cheapy at Lowes

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126503016 -->

Every 500 mi. I clean with kerosene and lube with a chain wax.

Use kerosene for cleaning your chain as instructed in the shop manual,. Just to note W-D 40 removes grease which isnt good for our type of chains used on the Busa.  

You can purchase a metal oil can spray bottle and gallon of kerosene cheapy at Lowes
+1

wd-40 is not kerosene or kerosene based. If in an area that only stocks kerosene in the winter, buy a couple gallons and get that metal oil can like rhythm says!!

MY BIKE HAS 18,300 STOCK CHAIN AND SPROCKETS.  THEY ARE DUE TO BE REPLACED
Dude not trying to be offensive but do you ever RIDE that thing? I mean the busa is notorious for stretching chains. If you are throwing some torque on it I don't see how you are pushing 20,000 miles on a stock chain. I only got not even 6,000 out of my factory chain and I kept it lubed as a mo fo and adjusted regular

In the tradition of Thasherfox, I wax the chain after EVERY ride now. Clean it when it looks like it needs it.

--Wag--

Would clean the chain with WD-40 and then would wash the bike. After done, lube the chain. Did this every weekend.

Clean and lube after every ride. Sometimes I get lazy, but if you want it to last......

Back