Dupont Chain Lube

Spkrdctr

Registered
Many have asked about the Dupont Chain Lube. I use it and this is a picture of a very dirty, nasty, filthy chain using the Dupont lube. As you can see it looks nothing like a conventional filthy chain. That is the beauty of the Dupont Lube, it flat out works and does not attract dirt and grime like conventional lubes. I will clean the chain next week as it will be raining again here. This Chain has 700 miles on it since the last cleaning and that includes rain and sand.

IMG_0079.jpg

may i ask which one you're using?

I use the blue can, but plan to switch to the yellow next time I buy some.

dupont.jpg

Have been using the stuff for the past year and love it. Try the dupont chain cleaner too, it cleans the chain like no other

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Started using it 2 trips ago,its a pleasure.
Thanks to all who recomended it over the past year. Works like a charm,clean quick, no fling!

I've been using it for over a year now and lovin' it. I use the one in the blue can.

I've been using the yellow stuff and have been happy with it so far. May try the blue and see if there is any difference.

Since reading about this stuff about a year ago, I switched to it. The chain always looks clean, even at the end of the week when I have ridden 600 miles to work and back that week. I spend about 10 minutes on Sunday cleaning the chain with kerosene on a rag, then drying it off with a clean rag, then lube it with the blue can of Dupont.

It sits overnight to dry and rides like a champ Monday morning.

Rothman, are you a deployed service member? Shipping to APO shouldn't be too bad....I like the blue can myself.

Rothman, are you a deployed service member? Shipping to APO shouldn't be too bad....I like the blue can myself.

Not deployed, just stationed in Italy for a few years. The only problem is the fact that it's a hazardous chemical in an aerosal can. I have yet to find anybody that ships them APO for that reason. I think I might ask the hobby shop or perhaps even the BX/PX if they would be able to order some.

Yellow can here. I love it. Spray on a coating, after a Kerosene bath, about every 600 miles. Equals a beautiful, clean, well maintained chain. Don't forget to check the tension, after each cleaning too.

Back